Items Extemporaneous extensification for existing extractinator

Bethany

Empress of Light
I didn't think this suggestion out carefully over days, it's simple enough that it just occurred to me when reading a comment by Tecuser in the what-would-you-remove-from-Terraria thread.

the useless junk you can get from fishing because you cannot do anything with it.

My idea doesn't warrant a whole new device. Instead I propose a minor extended function for the Extractinator we already have. Feed in the useless junk and it outputs small quantities of bait, or (very low probability) a fishing-related potion.

This would give a small boost to fishing early in the game, provided you'd explored enough to find an Extractinator. From what I've seen so far, they seem more common in 1.3 than in 1.2.4. FIshing in undersized pools would still be less profitable than big fishin' holes, but as better fishing areas are built or found the need for these low-tier items would diminish.

Some people wouldn't bother since the payoff wouldn't be very valuable. But for those having a hard time getting started in fishing it could provide just enough of a boost to avoid drifting from challenge country into frustrationsville.

No new sprites required. I don't know what coding changes would need to be made, or whether it's feasible to implement. Does fill a need, though, however small.

I wondered what/how you could come up with an idea from useless fishing junk. I never would have expected this! Bait is ridiculously easy to accumulate using only worms. Combine with the Mechanic's or Sitting Duck rod - both can be bought - and you shouldn't have any problems fishing. Nonetheless, this is a good idea!

Thanks! I agree it's not a very big suggestion. Still, for low-level player characters whose weather seems to avoid rain, it could be a handy way to get past the initial "why can't I find bait?" hump.

@ArmegeddonCraft : Extemporaneous = "off the top of my head", impromptu or unplanned; "extensification" = my silly way of saying "extension" with too many suffixes, similar to the humorous non-word Extractinator ("extractor" would be a more proper way to say it but in Terraria silly names seem fitting).

Back
Top Bottom