tModLoader Extensible Inventory - Limitless, paginated inventory

hamstar...hamstar everywhere!
upload_2019-4-1_22-58-30.png

Not sure if this is possible, but a way to loot items when the selected inventory is full and others are still free? If that doesn't work due to Terraria's code, then maybe as an alternative move the last looted item to a different inventory page? So you will always have 1 slot left until all other pages are full. (Maybe control it using shared page setting or something)

Also maybe something that lets us see how many item slots we have left? Just something like 1/10 and maybe a small bag icon or something.
Just in plain white, maybe a different color when Inventory is full, but not required. For Example:
upload_2019-4-2_12-24-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-2_12-24-49.png
    upload_2019-4-2_12-24-49.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 117
I can also confirm that there is an amazing amount of lag for me due to extensible inventory. It makes the game almost pause every few seconds so that it's unplayable.

I can also confirm that there is an amazing amount of lag for me due to extensible inventory. It makes the game almost pause every few seconds so that it's unplayable.
I'll have a remedy for that shortly. Just putting the final touches on it now.

Edit: Never mind. I need more time to debug this.

Last edited:
Dude, you definitely should to optimize the mod. I tried 3 days ago to play Terraria, updated mods, uncluding EI and MH. Loaded the world and... ( I use Max Stack + too), I had 6 full tabs, and WTF... freezes! I couldnt do something, ctrl+alt+del - 1st of 8 core is overload. For several minutes I unloaded all tabs and deleted 5 of them. Freezes are
disappeared. Adding tabs + loot in it increases cpu load up to 100% (probably same loot in several tabs sharing create bug (not sure)). I suppose to disable EI for a moment. I hope you debug it. Good luck!

Last edited:
Updated Extensible and Mod Helpers, restarted Terraria, sadly still lagging a lot.
Well that's puzzling. I'll have another look, but I did swap out the for loop check against the entire Main.recipe array with a data structure checking only a smaller subset of the possible recipes at any given time. How big is your inventory, by the way? Mind sending me your .plr and .tplr character files?

Well that's puzzling. I'll have another look, but I did swap out the for loop check against the entire Main.recipe array with a data structure checking only a smaller subset of the possible recipes at any given time. How big is your inventory, by the way? Mind sending me your .plr and .tplr character files?

I just sent them to you in a private message, hope you received them.
For other people wondering, I'm using 4 pages.

Encountered a compatibility bug in the most recent update when combined with recipe browser. When both are enabled together items inside chests are no longer registered as usable (they must be inside the currently selected inventory tab).

Also, the recipe scroller on the left side will completely bug out in multiple ways. These all occur when either attempting to craft an item, picking up an item, or placing an item in inventory/chest. These include:

- scrolling to a random item in your currently available recipes
- only allowing u to craft a single stack of an item at a time (precedes to do previous issue afterwards)
- recipe scroller will disappear entirely if u click on a recipe in recipe browser
These are the issues i've encountered thus far.

Absolutely nonsense. Last stable for my main World MH 4.2.6.1 and EI 1.4.0. I have 1 TAB Inventory now, but I couldnt load the world for an hour using last updates. Last update randomly loads (could be crash)any world INSTEAD of main big world - game crashes during "reset game objects". I thought the problem is my world, but i tryed load same big world with copied buildings (Using TEdit ) 2 month earlier with empty chests and even another base world (same only buildings, NPC's, may be loot in any chests)- same crash. Also generated new world - no crashes. I'm puzzled. Waiting for 1.3.6 Terraria update now...

With v1.4.0.3, I reverted the "recipe hack" code with a config option defaulting to false, so now everything should work as it did before. If your issues persist, post your Logs.txt file or submit an issue report in-game.

Can you verify if this effect has anything to do with modded items?

Might actually be related to mods/modded items, turned off everything except HERO's, extended and mod helpers and I had no fps issues, even with the char who had modded items, though the items were of course replaced with the placeholder.

Edit:
Just played around, enabling and disabling mods one-by-one, the mods that add items and recipes are the ones that always caused issues so this might confirm it.

Last edited:
Might actually be related to mods/modded items, turned off everything except HERO's, extended and mod helpers and I had no fps issues, even with the char who had modded items, though the items were of course replaced with the placeholder.

Edit:
Just played around, enabling and disabling mods one-by-one, the mods that add items and recipes are the ones that always caused issues so this might confirm it.
Also, you're using EI v1.4.0.2, not the v1.4.0.3 that just came out now, right?

Back
Top Bottom