tModLoader Extensions+

Eldrazi

Eater of Worlds
- Intro
Extensions+ is mainly a plugin/tool for modders/programmers that want to make their lifes more easy.
It adds multiple Drawing and AI functionality for NPCs, Projectiles, Tiles, etc.
The mod is available on the Mod Browser and is readable by tModReader, so if you feel like strolling through some code, that's possible.

NOTE:
Mainly intended to be plugin mod, usable by other mods.
This means there's NO playable content in this mod.
Also note that this mod may be turned into a .dll file along the way, making this .tmod file obsolete.

- Changelog
  • Added basic Fighter AI for NPCs
  • Added basic Boomerang AI for Projectiles.
  • Added basic Spear AI for Projectiles.
  • Added basic Yoyo AI for Projectiles.
  • Added basic Flail AI for Projectiles.
  • Added DrawString function to draw a string between projectiles and a targeted position (mainly for Yoyo use).
  • Added DrawChain function to draw a chain with the given path between the projectile and the targeted position (mainly for Grapple and Flail use).
  • Added DrawAroundOrigin function to draw a projectile on the correct origin (to prevent strange rotating).
  • Added DrawSpear function to... Draw a spear correctly (seeing as these projectiles differ from your average ones).
- To-Do
  • Add more AIs for both projectiles and NPCs.
    • Add Drill/Chainsaw projectile AI.
    • Add Knife projectile AI.
  • Add more smaller functions to simplify self-written AI.
    • Add Explosion function. (suggestion by @Sin Costan, thanks!)
  • Add examples on how to use these function (this will be put in another .tmod file).
Waiting - Doing - Done

- Peroration
I want to develop this mod further with the help and feedback from the community, so if you would like something added, do leave a comment and I'll try to see if I can implement comething that suits your taste!

- Credits
Huge thanks to Re-Logic for creating Terraria (of course).
Also a big shout-out and thank you to the creators of tModLoader.
@Boffin... Yeah, he was the one that initiated this (while we were working on another mod together) and is therefore the co-creator of this mod, thank you!

Last edited:
this isnt the same mod, but for your other mod, accessories+ it isnt usable as the extra slots go offscreen :p
maybe u should update that as well
Yeah that's a bit off-topic here.
And about that: I'm waiting for UI support within tModLoader. I've heard silent whispers of there being some UI support in the next update, so we'll see then.

- Intro
Extensions+ is mainly a plugin/tool for modders/programmers that want to make their lifes more easy.
It adds multiple Drawing and AI functionality for NPCs, Projectiles, Tiles, etc.
The mod is available on the Mod Browser and is readable by tModReader, so if you feel like strolling through some code, that's possible.

NOTE:
Also note that this mod may be turned into a .dll file along the way, making this .tmod file obsolete.

- Changelog
  • Added DrawString function to draw a string between projectiles and a targeted position (mainly for Yoyo use).
  • Added DrawChain function to draw a chain with the given path between the projectile and the targeted position (mainly for Grapple and Flail use).
  • Added DrawAroundOrigin function to draw a projectile on the correct origin (to prevent strange rotating).
  • Added DrawSpear function to... Draw a spear correctly (seeing as these projectiles differ from your average ones).
- To-Do
  • Add examples on how to use these function (this will be put in another .tmod file).

- Peroration
I want to develop this mod further with the help and feedback from the community, so if you would like something added, do leave a comment and I'll try to see if I can implement comething that suits your taste!

- Credits
@Boffin... Yeah, he was the one that initiated this (while we were working on another mod together) and is therefore the co-creator of this mod, thank you!
This looks like a pretty nifty tool, can't wait to see what more you are going to add to it. A thing you may want to add may be the explosion effect when projectiles like grenades die. Will try and think of more things you could add.

This looks like a pretty nifty tool, can't wait to see what more you are going to add to it. A thing you may want to add may be the explosion effect when projectiles like grenades die. Will try and think of more things you could add.
Ah, that's a good one! Fits the 'smaller functions' critic.
Thanks for leaving a comment, appreciate it!

Reactions: TMC
Allright you guys, I've got kinda sad news.
While creating examples for people to work with (using an external mod), I encountered an issue I also had with my other mod (Adaptable Questing): it seems it's not possible to call external functions/classes with the current version of tModLoader.
I've got no idea what's causing this, so it may still be a little while before this is usable.

If you want, however, you can still download the .tmod file and decompile it with tModReader to check some (kinda) generic functionality.

(Thread) Update time:

The latest version of tModLoader has fixed the above issue, so this mod is back in action!
I'm creating some more examples to be used AWS.

Yeah, I haven't updated the mod on the ModBrowser yet.
When I do though, there'll also be another mod with examples on how to use the Extensions+ mod.
You mind posting a download for the mod here for the time being?
I could really use some of the code within it

Allright, updated to the modbrowser!
There's another mod on there called 'Extensions+ Example' with some examples on how to use the Extensions+ mod!

- Intro

NOTE:

- Changelog
- To-Do
    • Add Drill/Chainsaw projectile AI.
    • Add Knife projectile AI.
    • Add Explosion function. (suggestion by @Sin Costan, thanks!)
Waiting - Doing - Done

- Peroration

- Credits
Is it on Mod Browser? Or not

The post directly above you and the op (which you quoted) both say it is so probably, yeah.

I hope this picks up big time then. expanded scripting functions will lead to some pretty spectacular mods.
I don't know about that, haven't seen activity from it. So far, this script extender only simplifies things for modders so I don't see anything about making extraordinary items other than for modders to manually do it.

Back
Top Bottom