Other External engine for Terraria mods

lightdragon100

Official Terrarian
Hi I'm wondering if its possible to have a external engine for Terraria mods to use exclusively?

The point of this is to ease the load on the base engine so more mods can run and run smoothly.

sorry for any bad grammar and thank you for your time!

Thoughts?

@lightdragon100

Please do not bump Threads. If other members have thoughts to contribute to the Thread, they will reply here. Otherwise if you wish to update your Thread, you will need to add new significant content to your Thread, such as expanding on your idea with more detail for example. In that case it will be fine to post again if no other members have posted.

@lightdragon100

Please do not bump Threads. If other members have thoughts to contribute to the Thread, they will reply here. Otherwise if you wish to update your Thread, you will need to add new significant content to your Thread, such as expanding on your idea with more detail for example. In that case it will be fine to post again if no other members have posted.
sorry for my error/mistake.

No, it's not possible. It would be like having two different games running at the same time. You could switch between the two, but the content they present will be different. It wouldn't be possible for one game to help the other. Rather, they would interfere with each other.

To make a bad car analogy; It would be like having two cars (with different specs) driving side-by-side down a road at full throttle. In the beginning they might be side by side, but as time goes by one car will be ahead of the other. Neither car would help the other.

No, it's not possible. It would be like having two different games running at the same time. You could switch between the two, but the content they present will be different. It wouldn't be possible for one game to help the other. Rather, they would interfere with each other.

To make a bad car analogy; It would be like having two cars (with different specs) driving side-by-side down a road at full throttle. In the beginning they might be side by side, but as time goes by one car will be ahead of the other. Neither car would help the other.
Oh well... I guess the only hope is to wait for the 64 bit terraria for windows. Thank you for you're time and analogy it was very helpful! p.s. sorry for bad grammar.

Tmod is a standalone mod that runs the game in a separate program when it is launched that is why people can have both vanilla and modded on thei computer at the same time.

Tmod is a standalone mod that runs the game in a separate program when it is launched that is why people can have both vanilla and modded on thei computer at the same time.
yes you are right in a way but its not the same as what i'm asking about, what am asking is a way to strengthen the engine itself. Tmod is a API that hooks/hacks in the game to load what it needs too. It does not help the engine in a way that strengthens it, for an example less lag or possessing power to make mods run smoothly. All i know is that Tmod adds more load on the base game engine with the more mods you installed. i'm trying to see if there is a way to have 100 mods and the game runs as smoothly as vanilla.

sorry for any confusion and bad grammar its hard to explain what i'm asking. thank you for your time!

Back
Top Bottom