tModLoader Extra Gunslinger Gear

Really loving the double barreled musket and the rend asunder. Packing the first for when I need the knockback and the second for when I need to just chew the enemy to bits at high speed.

The game really does need some more pre-hardmode ranged armor for gunslinger characters though, I'm just trying to think of a way to make it gunslinger oriented in theme. I'd say something either just before or right after the eye. There's already the Necro set in the dungeon in vanilla that should be okay up to the wall of flesh and Thorium adds a post goblin invasion ranged set made of yew wood so sometime before the brain/eater would seem like the right point to add one.

Maybe something requiring gel and a solidifier so you have to beat the slime king first? Silk and gel blocks to make a kevlar suit? Say defence 9 (equal to full Iron armor with the Iron armor set bonus included where Thorium's Yew Wood armor is equal to full Silver armor with the Silver armor set bonus included) plus whatever bonuses to ranged attacks.

Or skip the solidifier if you think most people are likely to hit a goblin invasion before fighting the slime king. The later is dependant on either a slime rain or finding enough platinum/gold and a ruby to make a crown. Goblin invasions just require breaking an orb/heart which gunslingers want to do as soon as possible.

Thanks for the ideas, but I already had that all planned out. ;) I only meant "maybe" as in I need to figure out how to sprite the armor to make it look good. I always found armor difficult to sprite, but I love rising to the challenge.

I won't be updating for a week or so since I'm working on setting up my new laptop. :D This means I need time to get everything settled before I continue working on this mod.

Could you make an special Hardmode Assault Rifle?

Heavy Proton Rifle
"I got you in my Sights"
Crafted with Meteors, Cogs, Wires, Vortex Fragments, and a Megashark
Unleashes 20 bullets, using one.
Right-Click fires 3 rockets, using 5 bullets

Could you make an special Hardmode Assault Rifle?

Heavy Proton Rifle
"I got you in my Sights"
Crafted with Meteors, Cogs, Wires, Vortex Fragments, and a Megashark
Unleashes 20 bullets, using one.
Right-Click fires 3 rockets, using 5 bullets
I actually already had that in my mod, but I removed it for the time being until I can figure out how to properly implement a glow mask to make it glow in the dark.
[doublepost=1502034554,1502034311][/doublepost]Also, I know I forgot to change the rarities of the new armor and accessories. I kinda rushed this update to get it out since I lost the source files for a bit since I moved computers. :p

I actually already had that in my mod, but I removed it for the time being until I can figure out how to properly implement a glow mask to make it glow in the dark.
[doublepost=1502034554,1502034311][/doublepost]Also, I know I forgot to change the rarities of the new armor and accessories. I kinda rushed this update to get it out since I lost the source files for a bit since I moved computers. :p

It's not gear, it's just an weapon.
I didn't request any overwatch skin, silly!

It's not gear, it's just an weapon.
I didn't request any overwatch skin, silly!
Yep. It was a gun in my mod called the "Vortex Pulse Rifle." I removed it because I couldn't get parts of the item to glow like the other lunar items. Doing so requires something called a "glow mask."

I was thinking about expanding to shotguns next. I don't want to add anything too redundant, so I will first be sure that what I add doesn't directly compete with anything else too much.

Think it's possible to have support for Terraria Overhaul? Would be cool if the guns in that pack had support for that mod.

That would be interesting, but I'm not sure how to add support. It should still be compatible with that mod; however, I do not believe that the changes will include my weapons.

I like it, but there are just too many burst weapons. A few semi-auto guns and full auto guns would be nice!

I like it, but there are just too many burst weapons. A few semi-auto guns and full auto guns would be nice!
The original focus of this mod was to add burst fire weapons. I only just decided to expand from that core idea. I will need time to implement other weapons.

Can I get the code for the Meteor Muzzle? Ive been try to code my own accessory that imbues ranged attacks w/ a debuff, but cant figure out how to. Thanks for the help!

Great mod btw!

Extra Gunslinger Gear
By Tenebris11
(Formerly Extra Assault Rifles. You WILL lose all your items when you update.
Sadly, there isn't much I know that I can do about that)
This mod adds new burst fire assault rifles to the game similar to the Clockwork Assault Rifle. If you know about any bugs, please report them. Feedback is appreciated! :happy:

I recommend the Cheat Sheet mod, as it implements a recipe browser. You can also disable the other cheat menus in the mod. tModLoader - Cheat Sheet

Pre-Hardmode:
TeMAu88.png

Double Barrel Musket
- Upgraded Musket
- Slowly fires a burst of two powerful bullets. Only the first uses ammo
nfPZokz.png

Rend Asunder
- Upgraded The Undertaker
- Quickly fires a burst of two weaker bullets. Only the first uses ammo
M0mzNmD.png

Hellfire Assault Rifle
- Hellstone rifle
- Fires a burst of three bullets. Only the first uses ammo

Hardmode:
8XhAavT.png

Cuckoo Assault Rifle
- Upgraded Clockwork Assault Rifle
x3ZvMnX.png

Grandfather Assault Rifle
- Upgraded Cuckoo Assault Rifle
708VMUY.png

Big Ben
- Upgraded Grandfather Assault Rifle
- Fires a burst of four bullets. Only the first uses ammo
E8gEbNJ.png

Pitcher's Pitfall
- Dropped by the Skeleton Rifleman in Post-Mechanical Bosses Underground Jungle
- Fires a bonus explosive round
lMiE8eC.png

Shroomite Assault Rifle
2WKsCqF.png

Decapitator

- Fires scythes with infinite piercing
BnTVLl0.png

- Bullets that don't require Empty Bullets now have infinite versions
that can be made with the "Advanced Bullet Pouch"
Ghw2p4m.png

- Bullets that require Empty Bullets (plus the Luminite Bullets) require an
Ammunition Crate to craft their infinite versions

- Some of these pouches and crates can only be crafted after defeating the Twins
and obtaining Souls of Sight

nmv89gO.png

Incendiary Bullet
- Inflicts On Fire debuff
2bzJRZG.png
s9IJVBk.png
yONyPdO.png

Outlaw Outfit
- 10% increased ranged damage
- 5% increased damage resistance
- Set Bonus: 15% increased movement speed
WWL3Hld.png

Recon Visor
- Applies the hunter potion effect
RFP9PqD.png

Meteor Muzzle
- Ranged attacks set enemies on fire
bMMCDEp.png

Inferno Muzzle
- 12% increased ranged damage
rHPKBzy.png

Blazing Scope
- 15% increased ranged damage and critical chance

- Right-click to zoom with ranged weapons

0.1.7.1:
- Hotfix to adjust rarities
0.1.7.0:
- Added the Outlaw armor set
- Added the Recon Visor
- Added Meteor Muzzle, Inferno Muzzle, and Blazing Scope accessories
- Removed Vortex Pulse Rifle until further notice
0.1.6.4:
- Added Incendiary Bullet and its respective endless pouch
- Changed some endless pouches to make a few craftable before
defeating the Twins
0.1.6.2:
- REBRANDED MOD
0.1.6.1:
- Added the Shroomite Assault Rifle
- Added the Decapitator
- Added the Vortex Pulse Rifle
- Changed the Skeleton Rifleman spawn requirement to
Post-Mechanical bosses Underground Jungle
0.1.5.0:
- Added more Endless Pouches/Crates
- Edited some sprites
0.1.4.0:
- Added the Pitcher's Pitfall
- Added the Rend Asunder
- Added the Skeleton Rifleman
- Balanced some aspects of the mod, such as crafting recipes for guns and pouches
0.1.3.0:
- Added hardmode ore upgrades to the Clockwork Assault Rifle
- Added an Endless Chlorophyte Pouch
0.1.2.0:
- Adjusted the stats on the Double Barrel Musket
- Added the Hellfire Assault Rifle

Download:
Available through the Mod Browser. Requires tModloader.
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-tmodloader-a-modding-api.23726/

Support:
You can paste this code into your signature to show your support:
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/extra-gunslinger-gear.59120/"][img]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/egg-png.175679/&temp_hash=de3b1314ceec5885f39fe622f6e4cdbb[/img][/url]

Thanks to:
- Blushiemagic, for creating tModloader and the mod skeleton
- Those who have assisted me when I ask for help :D
Ohh, I know your mod, I downloaded it from [redacted by staff].
And i have question, are you from russia?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh, I know your mod, I downloaded it from [redacted by staff].
And i have question, are you from russia?
I'm from the USA
Can I get the code for the Meteor Muzzle? Ive been try to code my own accessory that imbues ranged attacks w/ a debuff, but cant figure out how to. Thanks for the help!

Great mod btw!
I switched laptops, so I don't have the code around right now, plus I am in school right now so I am pressed for time to find it. I will try my best to get a hold of it as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom