tModLoader Extra Gunslinger Gear

What? Sun God? This mod has a boss?

Gotta check this out.

While I love more bosses I will agree with the above that it feels kinda out of place given the context of this mod, but then again: SacredTools didn't really expand on tools, or have a space, lol.

EDIT: 'use it at night to summon'

I'm sorry but... why do you summon a boss called "Sun God" at Night??

EDIT2: the summoning item doesn't seem to work :/
also, this fight is honestly really good.
Have you defeated Golem? You must defeat him in order to summon him. Maybe send a clip of it not working so I can see?

Have you defeated Golem? You must defeat him in order to summon him. Maybe send a clip of it not working so I can see?
yeah I thought I had to kill bosses first so I summoned in golem and 1Hitted him with my butcher weapon (yes, this did call his kill command) and then, tried to use the calander wasn't working, I'll try to see if I missed something, anything else I needed to do?

Ah, you must also be in hardmode.
yeah that was likely it, thx!
Is there a possiblity that you make a separate mod that has the ore attached to the lunatic cultist instead of the sun god?(With everything else just no sun god)
(no offense)
I personally feel a very "no pain no gain" approach but that's just me

I don't get it if you want it to drop from the cultist what's the issue with having it drop from Sun God?

It's been a very long time, so I'm giving a short update. I first created this mod 3 years ago when I was in high school as a way to learn software development, and as such, the code is very sub-optimal. I've been planning to remake the entire mod from scratch now that I have a much deeper knowledge of programming, and after 1.4 dropped, I knew this was my chance.

I will no longer be updating Extra Gunslinger Gear. I will instead be creating a new mod based around the Ranger class as a whole. Many items will be staying in the mod, but I will be removing some and changing the way a few work. I give no promises on timelines of release as I will most likely wait to start development until tModloader is released for 1.4 to prevent a situation where I need to restart due to changes in the API.

I doubt anyone really cares that much, but for those that do, I apologize for leaving the mod in such an incomplete state for so long without any reason posted here.

Last edited:
OK! So I'm doing some work on this mod; however, there are quite a few massive changes.

This includes a massive shift in the focus of the mod from just gunslingers to the ranger class as a whole, including offering more options for ranger + summoner hybrids (since I've taken to liking this subclass lately ;D ).

Because of this, I will be effectively stopping the updates for the mod as "Extra Gunslinger Gear." The future updates will be under the mod name "Ranger's Arsenal" to reflect the new, broader focus.

Some things to potentially* look forward to:
  • More infinite ammo types. I plan to add some for all vanilla ammo types and for a few of the larger mods.
  • New balancing and functions for accessories. For example, the Magical Magazine should now make ALL guns and bullets hitscan.
  • More guns, armors, and accessories.
  • No more Sun God. It was a fun experiment, but the overall sentiment from people seemed to be negative, unsurprisingly. I'll be moving the items it used to drop around to other npcs.
  • More depending on what I may think of and what you guys may suggest.

* I say potentially just to cover my butt since I am in the middle of implementing most of these, but I don't want people to get too upset if I bail out of any of these

• No more Sun God. It was a fun experiment, but the overall sentiment from people seemed to be negative, unsurprisingly. I'll be moving the items it used to drop around to other npcs.
I'm disappoint, but oh well I guess, it was really out of place in this mod.
Hopefully it can make a return somewhere else where it isn't out of place.

OK! So I'm doing some work on this mod; however, there are quite a few massive changes.

This includes a massive shift in the focus of the mod from just gunslingers to the ranger class as a whole, including offering more options for ranger + summoner hybrids (since I've taken to liking this subclass lately ;D ).

Because of this, I will be effectively stopping the updates for the mod as "Extra Gunslinger Gear." The future updates will be under the mod name "Ranger's Arsenal" to reflect the new, broader focus.

Some things to potentially* look forward to:
  • More infinite ammo types. I plan to add some for all vanilla ammo types and for a few of the larger mods.
  • New balancing and functions for accessories. For example, the Magical Magazine should now make ALL guns and bullets hitscan.
  • More guns, armors, and accessories.
  • More depending on what I may think of and what you guys may suggest.

* I say potentially just to cover my butt since I am in the middle of implementing most of these, but I don't want people to get too upset if I bail out of any of these
How we get the Beskar ore now?

Back
Top Bottom