Weapons & Equip Extra mobility boots.

Do you think these are good ideas?

• No, none of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I love the thread and would like to sprite it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chapwisely

Steampunker
I see a lot of "Boot" variations being suggested on this page, so I thought of a couple. Please note that due to insuperior travel compared to other items, these are planned to be pre-hardmode.

Hover boots:
hover_boots_by_invaderzen1000-d82ep8e.png

Visually change walk animation to a sort of gliding. This can be equipped in the vanity slot for the same effect.
Slows fall speed before hitting ground automatically (hold s to cancel it).
Hold W to slightly increase altitude.
Allows travel over water.
Cannot sprint whilst hovering in mid-air.
Slows turning speed, acting similar to ice, but creating the illusion of flight. Because of this, ice will have no effect on the player, but for recreational purposes, is affected by frozen slime.
Craftable with lightning boots to make Zeus boots. (
zues_boots_by_invaderzen1000-d82ep4w.png
)

Gravity boots:
gravity_boots_by_invaderzen1000-d82ep3x.png

Allows the player to walk on walls.
Activated by pushing towards the wall, and simultaneously pushing to a different direction along the wall.
Jumping reverts gravity back to normal.
Craftable with hover boots to make Space boots. (
space boots.png
)

Heavyweight drop boots:
heavyweught_drop_boots_2_by_mathewfizz11-d832okc.png

Holding S will greatly increase the player's falling speed.
When terminal velocity is reached, the player will burn with a "Meteor!" buff/debuff.
When inflicted with the "Meteor!" buff, any landing will cause a shockwave, this is purely visual.
Also when inflicted with the buff, landing on an enemy will do insanely high damage, as well as negate any fall damage that could be taken. But with an item like the lucky horseshoe, damage will be negated.

Sprites are done by Mathewfizz2, so check him out!:redspin:

Last edited:
This is actually a very good suggestion! With the hover boots it should be like the magic carpet, but slightly different. You can hover normally (normally meaning hovering 1-2 blocks off ground) forever, but when there are no blocks 1-2 beneath you, you can hover a few blocks outwards before you fall. The heavyweight boots sound really fun to play with.

I can't tell you how long I've wanted to walk on walls in Terraria. I've also always wanted to be able to fall faster, and adding a meteor-like effect to that only makes me want it more.
Seal of Approval.png

This is actually a very good suggestion! With the hover boots it should be like the magic carpet, but slightly different. You can hover normally (normally meaning hovering 1-2 blocks off ground) forever, but when there are no blocks 1-2 beneath you, you can hover a few blocks outwards before you fall. The heavyweight boots sound really fun to play with.
Indeed.
But while holding S on the heavyweight boots it should make it so that you can't move + the more defense you have the faster you would drop, dealing more damage.

Very original when I saw the thread name I thought oh no not another lava wader frost spark boots combo but this is very good cheers to you good sir

Yes to the Gravity boots. Walking on walls would be awesome. Heavyweight boots sound good too. How high would terminal velocity be? It'll determine how useful the boots are.

Indeed.
But while holding Son the heavyweight boots it should make it so that you can't move + the more defense you have the fasteryou would drop, dealing more damage.
Good idea, actually I was thinking the exact same thing but I thought I didn't need to be too specific. Anyways, thanks for that.

Yes to the Gravity boots. Walking on walls would be awesome. Heavyweight boots sound good too. How high would terminal velocity be? It'll determine how useful the boots are.
From the edge of space to sea level, I'm guessing. If it was added into the game the devs could sort it out.

I'm pretty sure we have plenty of mobility enhancing items already. Some of which remove a good portion of the challenge presented by enemies.

Hover Boots already exist. They're called Rocket Boots.

Gravity Boots would be abused like none other, especially in PvP scenarios.

Heavyweight Boots sound like an excuse to force players into using a Lucky Horseshoe, just in case they don't actually gain the buff. Nothing sounds more disheartening than jumping from a high point, and slamming into the ground in front of an enemy without that buff. You'd basically be asking to die. It also looks like you want to emulate Demonology Warlocks from World of Warcraft, or Mario.
I see what you're getting at. The hover boots, mainly would function in a different way to the rocket boots, as rocket boots propel yourself into the air, the hover boots make the player gracefully navigate rough terrain, making them light, and gentle.
Hover boots, additionally, would not provide the player with the ability to fly to such heights, but only a couple blocks off the ground.
The "Meteor!" buff could also be cancelled at any point by simply right clicking the buff or via parasol.
Lastly, gravity boots can only be used on walls, and transitions can only be made if the player has enough room. For example, the door to the dungeon. Also not that the moment the player is airborne, the gravity will revert back to normal.

Thanks for the feedback, anyway.

Last edited:
Depending on the required hight for terminal velocity.
1 second or less into the buff it could do about 100 damage
2 would be 200
3 would be 300

You get the idea.
Don't forget, you'd have to be falling pretty fast in order to start burning into orbit.

Oh, I forgot to mention.
Zeus boots will not be able to sprint during extended hover.
During sprint, Zeus boots leave a trail of clouds.
Lastly, as less of a punishing item, Zeus boots will allow you to submerge in water by holding S, but quickly float you back to the surface when you let go.

Oh, I forgot to mention.
Zeus boots will not be able to sprint during extended hover.
During sprint, Zeus boots leave a trail of clouds.
Lastly, as less of a punishing item, Zeus boots will allow you to submerge in water by holding S, but quickly float you back to the surface when you let go.
Also probably best to say that holding S will also make you not float, cause then trying to enter your own house would be a pain xD

Also probably best to say that holding S will also make you not float, cause then trying to enter your own house would be a pain xD
No need to worry, wearing the boots won't permanently change your altitude. It's holding W that changes it.
But the boots still make a "midair" feeling by slowing turn speeds and muting walking noises.

So what you're saying is that I could fall down my hellevator at the speed of clint eastwood?

/support!~

Back
Top Bottom