Xbox One Extreme lag on Xbox One

TL;DR
Sandstorms and sand elementals are causing 10-15 second freezing and serious, horrible glitches and lag on Xbox One in splitscreen. Happens sometimes during a sandstorm and EVERY time when there’s a sand elemental. Issue is compounded by the fact that sandstorms (a “rare” event) happen almost 100% of the time. And we still don’t have sound for player 1. I love you guys and love this game. Hoping for a fix any day now!!

I’ve played over a thousand hours of Terraria. Never had an issue like this. For the past week, when playing splitscreen, we will get horrible, unplayable lag. I’m not talking about frame drops. I’m talking the entire game freezes to the point of thinking the console crashed. It can last 5-15 seconds. If it gets over 10 seconds, the music even stops. Eventually the game comes back, and sometimes we find ourselves halfway across the map, or in the middle of large mob. It’s incredibly frustrating.

It only started happening after we converted the world to hard mode, and only seems to happen when one of us has spent a little time in the sand or hallow sand biome. It’s especially triggered by a sandstorm or sand elemental. Otherwise, we don’t really have any lag.

This issue, combined with the no sound for player 1 bug and the literally constant sandstorms in the desert has made this game just extremely frustrating.

Now that my ranting is over, please allow me to say that I ADORE Terraria. It’s one of my favorite games ever (hence playing over a thousand hours). And I know (hope?) you guys are working on it very hard. So please accept my feedback in the positive nature that I intended.

Is there any hope for a release this month? These critical issues have been here since November.

THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Man. I was really hoping for some kind of reply. Nothing from any devs or anything? This game is unplayable now. Three times today the lag got so bad that the game crashed. Twice after finding incredibly rare items. So beyond infuriating. After grinding for three days I finally got the weather radio for my cell phone and then the game crashed. Reloaded and the angler gave me bait. So freaking heartbreaking.

Can you PLEASE just roll the last update back? It genuinely broke the game. Hoping for a reply.......

Last edited:
TL;DR
Sandstorms and sand elementals are causing 10-15 second freezing and serious, horrible glitches and lag on Xbox One in splitscreen. Happens sometimes during a sandstorm and EVERY time when there’s a sand elemental. Issue is compounded by the fact that sandstorms (a “rare” event) happen almost 100% of the time. And we still don’t have sound for player 1. I love you guys and love this game. Hoping for a fix any day now!!

I’ve played over a thousand hours of Terraria. Never had an issue like this. For the past week, when playing splitscreen, we will get horrible, unplayable lag. I’m not talking about frame drops. I’m talking the entire game freezes to the point of thinking the console crashed. It can last 5-15 seconds. If it gets over 10 seconds, the music even stops. Eventually the game comes back, and sometimes we find ourselves halfway across the map, or in the middle of large mob. It’s incredibly frustrating.

It only started happening after we converted the world to hard mode, and only seems to happen when one of us has spent a little time in the sand or hallow sand biome. It’s especially triggered by a sandstorm or sand elemental. Otherwise, we don’t really have any lag.

This issue, combined with the no sound for player 1 bug and the literally constant sandstorms in the desert has made this game just extremely frustrating.

Now that my ranting is over, please allow me to say that I ADORE Terraria. It’s one of my favorite games ever (hence playing over a thousand hours). And I know (hope?) you guys are working on it very hard. So please accept my feedback in the positive nature that I intended.

Is there any hope for a release this month? These critical issues have been here since November.

THANK YOU!
Hi there @distantexplosions, sorry to hear this, and thanks for sharing what your experience with the performance is.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to send this info directly to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form. You likely won't get a reply, but be assured that they do receive each report that comes through that form. They don't browse the forums as much - the linked form is a guaranteed way to get your info in front of the development team.

Thank you. I’ve sent several reports using that form detailing issues already. I just hope they’re listening. Seems the last update really broke the game and we’re going on two months without a fix now. 😕

Thank you. I’ve sent several reports using that form detailing issues already. I just hope they’re listening. Seems the last update really broke the game and we’re going on two months without a fix now. 😕
I understand your frustration. :) Thanks for sending in the reports using the link.

Back
Top Bottom