Other Eye_Glow for Spazmatism

Do you think this feature should be added?

• Yes, but could use more features

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RextheHarbinger

Terrarian
Terraria was one of the first games I played that was made up of sprites, and at some point in time I learned how you could change the textures for NPCs, Items, Projectiles, Buffs, etc. by using community made texture packs, and I would re-sprite some bosses during my spare time as a hobby.

I had a texture pack that re-sprites a bunch of the vanilla Terraria bosses. Now this texture pack is a Zip file and in that Zip file was a folder, in the folder were a bunch of PNG files of re-sprited Items, NPCs, Buffs, all that and the Zip file would go into your Terraria folder in the documents.

But in the folder Retinazer has an Eye_Laser file that gives it a glow that, the glowing laser turret you see in-game. but I noticed that Spazmatism doesn't have a "Eye_Laser" file or any file related that would give it a glow effect, and makes sense since Spazmatism's second form doesn't have a reason to glow.

So I suggest giving Spazmatism an "Eye_Flame" file just so it would give it that same effect to the boss. Now obviously the boss would have to be re-sprited so what I was thinking of is making the boss have some vents jutting out of the sides that emit a greenish-lime glow or a small flame lit inside of the bosses mouth (2nd Phase) something like the image below, and as for the glow file, I would name it "Eye_Flame" giving Spazmatism a nice visual effect for a future update but honestly the Devs could do anything with the look of the boss and name of the file but that's what I would call it.

But why would Spazmatism need such a thing you ask? I honestly don't know, it would make it more visible at night I guess, and it would also make it more mechanical since it glows so that would give spriters some extra creativity, I've coded a little bit before and honestly I don't think it'd be that hard of a thing to add they could just take the coding from Retinazer and make it to where it's applied on Spazmatism, at least that's how I think it would work. And as a small change to the boss maybe it could be invulnerable to Cursed Inferno because come on, it inflicts it so why not, this could be a change to the boss in every more or possibly just master mode.

The design is based off of Zoomo's Spazmatism -
spaz_concept.png

Also this would make sense -
Spazmatism_Trophy.png
=
spaz_concept 2.png

banner.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom