tModLoader Fabu's Mod

What do you think about the current sprites?

• Total voters

Fabu ♡

Terrarian
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabu's Mod

Progression, unique weapons, rainbows, and more!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join the Discord Server for update spoilers, tips, advice, suggestions and more!

Join the Fabu's Mod Discord Server!

What is Fabu's Mod?

Fabu's Mod is a little Terraria Mod made with tModloader, which adds weapons that the player can upgrade as they progress in the game.
It also adds some
new and unique weapons, which have surprisingly in-depth features.

What's the goal here?

Fabu's Mod strives to equip the player with a number of new and unique weapons that make for interesting play styles.
An example for this is the Fox Pistol, which deals more damage at the cost of the player's HP, but can also heal the player at the cost of damage. The player can actively switch between the two modes, by using Left- and Right-Click respectively.
This is a 'new' goal, so you will see a lot more of these unique weapons in the future.

What does it add?

It currently adds 81 new weapons (With 14 different dyed variants for some weapons!), 11 new items, 2 new tiles, 1 new vanity sets (+ 3 Fox Ears!), 4 new tools, 2 new pets, and 11 new accessories.
Keep in mind that this mod is still a work-in-progress, and if anything seems unfinished or unrefined, there is a high chance that it will be finished/refined in a future update.

I won't show all of it, but here are some of the unique weapons this mod has to offer!

51NzjT3.png
AXr8SM1.png

Demon's Fury.gif

Demon's Fury 2.gif

RainbowAxe.png

Spectral Shredder.gif

E7CesHR.png
SpectralIllusion.png

Illusory Mirror.gif

Several post-Moon Lord Rainbow Weapons to collect!
LunarRainBow.png
RainBow.png
SpectralHowler.png
FusedRainbow.png
Unity.png
Depriver.png
RainbowClaymore.png
TheSpinningRainbow.png

These are just a few examples, there are currently 19 of these in Fabu's Mod, with more to come!
(Also expect some interesting and unique reworks for some of them in the future!)
None!
Please let me know if you find any.

How long will this mod be continued for?

I don't plan on ever 100% stopping the development of it. I may take month-long breaks, but in the end I always return to work on it.
I just need ideas.
Feel free to give me suggestions down below, or (preferably) on Discord. Link at the top.

I want to donate, how do I do so?

Download

Fabu's Mod is available for download on the Mod Browser.
If the Mod Browser somehow doesn't work, here's the download link for the current version.

Credits to @KregJoke for helping me with a lot of the sprites!

Thank you for supporting me

If you have any questions, ask me on the Discord Server! (Link at top of this page)
If you have any suggestions, you can post them here, or more ideally, on the Discord Server!

Last edited:
More content that isn't generic samurai/ninja stuff, for starters.
Got it!

In the next update, 1.1, there will be bows, guns and shotguns, if that's your thing then be sure to keep watching this mod!

Last edited:
What do you mean?
How do I explain this, terraria's art style uses 2x2 pixels, meaning that, for every pixel that you see in a terraria sprite, that pixel is actually 4 pixels in a square. When you make a sprite that uses pixels normally instead of 2x2 style, it is very visible ingame, as it simply looks way too detailed compared to everything else. You understand now?

How do I explain this, terraria's art style uses 2x2 pixels, meaning that, for every pixel that you see in a terraria sprite, that pixel is actually 4 pixels in a square. When you make a sprite that uses pixels normally instead of 2x2 style, it is very visible ingame, as it simply looks way too detailed compared to everything else. You understand now?
Yea I do. When I made the sprites I wanted to make them, well, Terraria themed as everything else. The thing is, basically almost all the weapons in my mod are references to another game. I actually did make 2x2 sprites of the first items in my mod, but you couldn't really see what the weapons were referencing to. In that other game the weapons are very detailed, and if I wouldn't include those details in Terraria you wouldn't really be able to see what the weapon is referencing to. Because of them being references, I want people to see the weapon and go like: "Hey, I know that one!", and not go "What the hell is that"

If you look at the sprites from 1.2, you'll notice that they are all 2x2 sprites. That's because they're not references that need to be detailed, and are just reworked sprites from vanilla Terraria.

I might try to make new sprites for all the weapons in a future update, tho I can't promise anything.

I hope you understand my point. :dryadpassionate:

Last edited:
I recently tried out your mod and I love it. I do have a couple of small complaints - Firstly, one of your weapons is overpowered. I found that I could easily take down the wall of flesh with the boosted hero's devastation due to the easier recipe. I think this could be switched by making the devastation tier 2 require the hard mode recipe but the staff only needs the pre-hard mode recipe as I find the staff a well balanced weapon given the damage, especially compared to the devastation. Secondly, when I kill demons they often drop 5 of the broken hero items or sometimes just 1, but the drop rates seem too high (maybe 5-7% instead). Next, there are already axe weapons of corruption and crimson variants, can the murumasa dagger be made with Crimtane bars and does the terra-axe have axe power (it would be fun chopping down trees at ridiculous speeds)? Finally, please can you buff the legendary armor chestplate and greaves as given the more expensive crafting recipe I think they should have higher defence, maybe 2 more than solar flare then it would make the armour set seem more worthwhile. I know it sound like a rant but these are my only complaints for an entire mod and they are really just small things. I love your mod and I have it on all of my non-vanilla worlds because it is so good. Well done. (You mentioned references - hellfire shotgun = reaper's shotgun?)

Last edited:
I recently tried out your mod and I love it. I do have a couple of small complaints - Firstly, one of your weapons is overpowered. I found that I could easily take down the wall of flesh with the boosted hero's devastation due to the easier recipe. I think this could be switched by making the devastation tier 2 require the hard mode recipe but the staff only needs the pre-hard mode recipe as I find the staff a well balanced weapon given the damage, especially compared to the devastation. Secondly, when I kill demons they often drop 5 of the broken hero items or sometimes just 1, but the drop rates seem too high (maybe 5-7% instead). Next, there are already axe weapons of corruption and crimson variants, can the murumasa dagger be made with Crimtane bars and does the terra-axe have axe power (it would be fun chopping down trees at ridiculous speeds)? Finally, please can you buff the legendary armor chestplate and greaves as given the more expensive crafting recipe I think they should have higher defence, maybe 2 more than solar flare then it would make the armour set seem more worthwhile. I know it sound like a rant but these are my only complaints for an entire mod and they are really just small things. I love your mod and I have it on all of my non-vanilla worlds because it is so good. Well done. (You mentioned references - hellfire shotgun = reaper's shotgun?)

Thank you! ♥
Yeah, I was actually thinking about changing the recipe for the Boosted Hero's Devastation in the next update, but I wasn't sure. Because of you, I'm definetly gonna do that now! I'll also look into making the second staff pre-hardmode.
Sure, I'll lower the drop rates for the Abandoned items even more. No problem.
I knew that there were already waraxes for the Corruption and Crimson, and the first recipe for the Night's Axe actually involved those two.
But I purposely still made two new waraxe versions of them, because I, for some reason, wanted to make the Night's Axe to be crafted with new items completely, and not just 4 modded and 2 vanilla weapons, you know? (Besides, a friend made the sprites already so I didn't want to tell him that I'm not gonna use them haha)
When I made the Waraxe of Midnight and the Blood Cutter I especially watched out that they don't have the same stats as the vanilla axes. Most stats are still the same tho, since I didn't want to make them useless. I want people to actually craft and use the weapons from my mod and not just see them and be like "Hey, that looks cool!" and then never use them. So if I lowered the damage or the axe power, no one would use them, so I upped the damage. The War Axe of Night and the Blood Lust Cluster have 20 and 22 damage, while the two axes from my mod have 22 and 24. Just see them as alternatives for the vanilla axes.
Thanks for pointing out that the Muramasa's Dagger can't be crafted with Crimtane Bars! I already fixed it just now and am gonna release a quick update after I post this reply.
Sadly, I can't give the axes that shoot projectiles (The True Axes and the Terra Axe) the ability to chop down trees. I'd either have to make them not shoot a projectile, or give them no axe power at all, which is kind of conflicting.
Come to think of it, I might actually try and give these axes a Right-Click ability, which when you right-click them or with them they will no longer shoot a projectile and will be able to chop down trees. I don't know if I'll be able to do that with my current knowledge, though.
Sure, I'll buff the Chestplate and Greaves. No problem.

Thank you for taking your time to tell me your opinion! It really matters. ♥

(And yes, all current weapons that have multiple tiers are references to Overwatch; Ryuuichi-moji is Genji's Katana, the Wakizashi is his dagger and the Hero's Shuriken is his Shuriken. The Storm Bow is Hanzo's Bow, the Hellfire Shotgun is Reaper's Shotgun, and The Peacekeeper is McCree's Revolver. All other weapons are no references. The names of the weapons I just named are the real names for these weapons in Overwatch btw :p ) ♥

Thank you! ♥
Yeah, I was actually thinking about changing the recipe for the Boosted Hero's Devastation in the next update, but I wasn't sure. Because of you, I'm definetly gonna do that now! I'll also look into making the second staff pre-hardmode.
Sure, I'll lower the drop rates for the Abandoned items even more. No problem.
I knew that there were already waraxes for the Corruption and Crimson, and the first recipe for the Night's Axe actually involved those two.
But I purposely still made two new waraxe versions of them, because I, for some reason, wanted to make the Night's Axe to be crafted with new items completely, and not just 4 modded and 2 vanilla weapons, you know? (Besides, a friend made the sprites already so I didn't want to tell him that I'm not gonna use them haha)
When I made the Waraxe of Midnight and the Blood Cutter I especially watched out that they don't have the same stats as the vanilla axes. Most stats are still the same tho, since I didn't want to make them useless. I want people to actually craft and use the weapons from my mod and not just see them and be like "Hey, that looks cool!" and then never use them. So if I lowered the damage or the axe power, no one would use them, so I upped the damage. The War Axe of Night and the Blood Lust Cluster have 20 and 22 damage, while the two axes from my mod have 22 and 24. Just see them as alternatives for the vanilla axes.
Thanks for pointing out that the Muramasa's Dagger can't be crafted with Crimtane Bars! I already fixed it just now and am gonna release a quick update after I post this reply.
Sadly, I can't give the axes that shoot projectiles (The True Axes and the Terra Axe) the ability to chop down trees. I'd either have to make them not shoot a projectile, or give them no axe power at all, which is kind of conflicting.
Come to think of it, I might actually try and give these axes a Right-Click ability, which when you right-click them or with them they will no longer shoot a projectile and will be able to chop down trees. I don't know if I'll be able to do that with my current knowledge, though.
Sure, I'll buff the Chestplate and Greaves. No problem.

Thank you for taking your time to tell me your opinion! It really matters. ♥

(And yes, all current weapons that have multiple tiers are references to Overwatch; Ryuuichi-moji is Genji's Katana, the Wakizashi is his dagger and the Hero's Shuriken is his Shuriken. The Storm Bow is Hanzo's Bow, the Hellfire Shotgun is Reaper's Shotgun, and The Peacekeeper is McCree's Revolver. All other weapons are no references. The names of the weapons I just named are the real names for these weapons in Overwatch btw :p ) ♥
the right-click thing seems best imo

Fabu, could you make it so that bosses drop the abandoned hero parts?
It's overcooking my laptop to just get one item from an Demon

I was thinking about making other mobs drop the Abandoned items anyway.
I'll look into changing the drops in the next update ♥

...Actually, just for you, I'll start working on it right away. Come back in about 30 to 60 minutes!

Edit: Mod updated. ♥

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom