Weapons & Equip Factional Melee Weapons for the Post-Plantera Dungeon

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
As many of us know, there are three distinct factions in the HM Dungeon: Blue, Hell, and Rusty factions.

Ranged gets factional weapons: the Rocket Launcher, Tactical Shotgun, and Sniper Rifle.

Magic gets factional weapons: the Shadowbeam Staff, Inferno Fork, and Spectre Staff.

This suggestion is about Melee weapons that would fall into the same niche.

index.php
(Modified sprite by Alpha_Steboh)
Bone Lance
* Spear weapon.
Damage: 70
Use Time: 22 (2.7 uses/second)
Knockback: 7
* Damage and knockback increase along with player speed.
- +1% for every block/second the player is traveling. Caps at +25%.
Dropped by:
Blue_Armored_Bones_4.png
Blue Armored Bones - 1/300 (0.33%)

Blazing_Wheel.png

Blazing Wheel
* Throwable weapon.
Damage: 75
Use Time: 12
Knockback: 7.5
* Will zip along walls like a Blazing Wheel upon contact.
* Returns to the player after ~1.5 seconds.
* Can be thrown without limit (unlike a Boomerang).
Dropped by:
Hell_Armored_Bones_3.png
Hell Armored Bones - 1/300 (0.33%)

index.php
(Sprite by Brutallama. Thank you!)
Skullcrusher
* Flail weapon.
Damage: 80
Use Time: 38
Knockback: 9
* Ignores 50% of enemy defense.
* Greater damage and critical strike chance versus damaged enemies.
- +1% Damage and +2% crits for every 10% damage an enemy has sustained.
Dropped by:
Rusty_Armored_Bones_2.png
Rusty Armored Bones - 1/300 (0.33%)

As for Ranged and Magic alternates for the Paladin's Hammer, I think there should be a couple new Dungeon miniboss enemies for Hell and Rusty factions (since Paladins appear to be Blue faction). Unfortunately, I'm short of ideas. -_-

Anyways, on a different subject:

Skeleton_Commando.png
Tactical_Skeleton.png

Can you guess which faction these guys are found in? Going by appearance, you would probably say that the Commando is found in Hell territory while the Tactical Skeletons are found among the Blue faction. If the wiki is anything to go by, it's actually the other way around. It shouldn't be. One obviously appears more Hellish, and the other is quite definitely Blue.

Anyways, that's it for the suggestion. Feedback is appreciated as always!

Last edited:
Always a pleasure to read up on your thread-worthy threads, Szgamer!

And an even BIGGER pleasure to supply some art assests for 'em.

f0dzix.jpg

14avnmw.jpg

wrgn4i.jpg

For the Blazing Wheel, I had a bit of an idea. Long ago, this thread was made by Stasher92, with one of the item ideas being the 'Ignition Glove,' a summoner weapon that'd hurl Blazing Wheels at enemies that'd act like...well, a Blazing Wheel. I think it'd be a bit neat to, instead of throwing the Blazing Wheel like a boomerang, to throw it FROM the glove itself and have it return like a boomerang. Otherwise, I can't think of much to sprite for a Blazing Wheel boomerang; the sprite it uses could fit that role well enough!

EDIT: FOR VIEWING ASSISTANCE

Attachments

• blazeglove.png
    blazeglove.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 298
  • bonelance.png
    bonelance.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 287
  • crushskull.png
    crushskull.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
I like it! though I wonder how effective the Bone lance would be... yay to more melee weapons!

Bone Lance sprite:
Bone Lance.png

Obviously a modified version of Alpha_Steboh's.

As for the Blazing Wheel, I just used the existing Blazing Wheel's sprite for simplicity's sake.

In terms of feedback, I definitely support factional melee weapons (thread in my signature is sort of a suggestion for one), but I'd argue that the Paladin's hammer IS a factional melee weapon, and that it has no equivalents currently.
If you agree, I do have some suggestions for paladin equivalents (also with inspiration from Baconfry)

Rusty: A "berserker," similar in size to the paladin and wielding the cursed hatchet, which it would now drop.
Hell: Not too sure about a name for the miniboss, but perhaps it would wield and drop something similar to the blazing wheel in this thread, with slightly reduced damage and the ability to stack.

I really like these ideas, but I think the flaming wheel should be separated for a Paladin equivalent and replaced with another type of weapon. Any opinions about this?

Last edited:
For the sake of class balance, there would have to be a "Ranged" miniboss that drops a Ranged weapon and a "Magic" miniboss that drops a Magic weapon. I'm thinking about having some sort of flaming wisp enemy for the Hell faction, but I'm short on ideas for Rusty.

For the sake of class balance, there would have to be a "Ranged" miniboss that drops a Ranged weapon and a "Magic" miniboss that drops a Magic weapon. I'm thinking about having some sort of flaming wisp enemy for the Hell faction, but I'm short on ideas for Rusty.
The two new Minibosses would also have to drop an accessory or utility item for equality's sake.
As a Rusty Miniboss, there could be a kind of Bone Giant with a really big ranged weapon (could be of any type, but I guess Arrow would work best) that fires slowly, but it'd shoot a big, wallhacking projectile.
Also, while we're on the topic of balancing, isn't it unfair that two out of the three HM dungeon rangers have bullet-type weapons, while there are no HM dungeon archers?

Also, while we're on the topic of balancing, isn't it unfair that two out of the three HM dungeon rangers have bullet-type weapons, while there are no HM dungeon archers?
Maybe, but that isn't as important. Maybe the Rusty Miniboss wan wield a Crossbow/Ballista.

As for the Hell miniboss, I'm thinking it should be a flaming Evil Eye enemy that summons Eye minions that attack the player. The Magic weapon would be a staff which shoots your own eyeball minions that hover around the cursor until released, kind of like a Rainbow Rod upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom