Mobile Failed download/install message on startup

Don't waste your time. 505 games doesn't care. Play a different game, or play Terraria on your computer. Mobile version is trash that they refuse to support.

okay everyone, i have a fix for this problem.
first, if you're on android, get a file explorer app. i recommend x-plore.
then, navigate to the ROOT files of terraria. something like com.and.505.terraria.
open 'files' and find your worlds and characters.they should be named.
copy them to anywhere that won't get deleted, and then uninstall terraria.
once you uninstall, reinstall and load up the game. once you're on the title screen, close it and paste the characters and worlds back in.
enjoy!
also, i have no idea if this would work on IOS.
EDIT: you could also connect to a computer and use it to do the copy+paste.

okay everyone, i have a fix for this problem.
first, if you're on android, get a file explorer app. i recommend x-plore.
then, navigate to the ROOT files of terraria. something like com.and.505.terraria.
open 'files' and find your worlds and characters.they should be named.
copy them to anywhere that won't get deleted, and then uninstall terraria.
once you uninstall, reinstall and load up the game. once you're on the title screen, close it and paste the characters and worlds back in.
enjoy!
also, i have no idea if this would work on IOS.
EDIT: you could also connect to a computer and use it to do the copy+paste.
Wouldn't that need root access? I used to exploit this on my old rooted device

i think i know whats causing it.
when i run Terraria and go into settings and go into running and it says Terraria is running 2 processes and 1 service the processes are normal but the service is not the service is it trying to download a update but there is no update so it fails
Now this has started for me do you guys have any idea how to fix it

Now this has started for me do you guys have any idea how to fix it
There's always the option to reinstall your game. Make sure that you copy your player and world files to the cloud within the game first, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Make sure that your cloud saves are there before reinstalling. Deleting the game to reinstall it will delete local saves forever.

If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

does anyone know when the next update for mobile is going to happen because I have the same problem
[doublepost=1503148994,1503148910][/doublepost]
There's always the option to reinstall your game. Make sure that you copy your player and world files to the cloud within the game first, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Make sure that your cloud saves are there before reinstalling. Deleting the game to reinstall it will delete local saves forever.

If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home
I already talked to support and they said that my best chance was to just reinstall my game.

does anyone know when the next update for mobile is going to happen because I have the same problem
[doublepost=1503148994,1503148910][/doublepost]
I already talked to support and they said that my best chance was to just reinstall my game.
Well, if you talked with 505 Games' support and they recommended reinstalling, that's the way you should go.

Mobile is expected to get the 1.3 update a few months after the console update. Console is targeted for a Jul-Sep update, but that is not guaranteed. There is no official release date for console or mobile yet.

download the PC Terraria (Steam OR gog.com (they are offical sites to play the game)) or the Console game, the Mobile is just extremely buggy (and 1.3, like UnitOne said, is coming after months on mobile)

Well that's great and all but if you can't get past the damn loading screen how are you supposed to backup your stuff?

Well that's great and all but if you can't get past the damn loading screen how are you supposed to backup your stuff?
True @Random Spy Backstab, I can see the conundrum in my message. :) If nothing else is working and a reinstall is all you can do, yes, you’re going to lose all local saves. But once you can load up again, I urge everyone to make multiple backups using the method I linked, so that if something happens in the future you won’t be left without saves.

Back
Top Bottom