• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

"fair" class selection

a dank meme

Terrarian
in the original terraria (every version), the melee armor is always much better than the mage or ranged armors. for example, cobalt armor has 3 different headgears, 1 for melee, 1 for ranged, and 1 for magic. the defense for the melee cobalt headgear is about twice as much as range, and about 2.5 times as much as mage.

i know that the melee class needs you to "get up close" to enemies to deal damage, but double the defense is over kill. when i first started playing terraria on mobile, i used melee, and thought t was perfectly fine. then i decided to be ranged on pc, and i was surprised by how bad the defensive stats were. so, i beat the moonlord, and got every set of armor from the pillars, just to see how good each one was compared to the others. the melee armor was ridiculously good, and all the other classes, as usual, had almost half the defense. so i ended up having to be a melee user if i wanted to continue.

my point is, the ranged, magic, and occasional minion armor should be stronger in otherworld, if there will be classes again. instead of other armors having half the defense of melee, maybe make it so that they have about 3/4 the defense, 4/5, or even just make it so that the offensive buffs of other armors are much higher, to make up for the low defense (examp: melee titanium set could give you 18% higher melee damage, with high defense, and ranged titanium set could give you 27% higher ranged damage, with decent defense).

please consider this idea, as it would make a lot of players happy, as it gives them more of a choice. and thanks for the great game.

TheTrueAlpha

Terrarian
in the original terraria (every version), the melee armor is always much better than the mage or ranged armors. for example, cobalt armor has 3 different headgears, 1 for melee, 1 for ranged, and 1 for magic. the defense for the melee cobalt headgear is about twice as much as range, and about 2.5 times as much as mage.

i know that the melee class needs you to "get up close" to enemies to deal damage, but double the defense is over kill. when i first started playing terraria on mobile, i used melee, and thought t was perfectly fine. then i decided to be ranged on pc, and i was surprised by how bad the defensive stats were. so, i beat the moonlord, and got every set of armor from the pillars, just to see how good each one was compared to the others. the melee armor was ridiculously good, and all the other classes, as usual, had almost half the defense. so i ended up having to be a melee user if i wanted to continue.

my point is, the ranged, magic, and occasional minion armor should be stronger in otherworld, if there will be classes again. instead of other armors having half the defense of melee, maybe make it so that they have about 3/4 the defense, 4/5, or even just make it so that the offensive buffs of other armors are much higher, to make up for the low defense (examp: melee titanium set could give you 18% higher melee damage, with high defense, and ranged titanium set could give you 27% higher ranged damage, with decent defense).

please consider this idea, as it would make a lot of players happy, as it gives them more of a choice. and thanks for the great game.
Yeah

No mans sky

Retinazer
[OFF TOPIC] Can you please add more context to the post instead of just leaving one word?(@Doylee )
[ON TOPIC] Remember that melee is 'up close and personal' so your gonna have to get a ton of damage to win a fight, so I think the defense is fine. And ranged/magic/minion is low on defense because your not going straight up into their faces, but I do agree that it needs some sort of defense buff

a dank meme

Terrarian
TOPIC] Can you please add more context to the post instead of just leaving one word?(@Doylee )
[ON TOPIC] Remember that melee is 'up close and personal' so your gonna have to get a ton of damage to win a fight, so I think the defense is fine. And ranged/magic/minion is low on defense because your not going straight up into their faces, but I do agree that it needs some sort of defense buff[/QUOTE]
[OFF TOPIC] Can you please add more context to the post instead of just leaving one word?(@Doylee )
[ON TOPIC] Remember that melee is 'up close and personal' so your gonna have to get a ton of damage to win a fight, so I think the defense is fine. And ranged/magic/minion is low on defense because your not going straight up into their faces, but I do agree that it needs some sort of defense buff
i would agree with you, but remember that alot of melee weapons also shoot projectiles, and most of them have enough range and knockback to keep enemies away anyways. I do see your point for some swords though, like the ones when first starting the game.

The TechnoMancer

Skeletron Prime

I do indeed like this idea.

Person999

Skeletron Prime
Also In the very first part of the game you HAVE to be melee because there is only melee armor so yeah I agree

PixelPete

Skeletron
Ranged magic and summoning have less defense due to the fact that little to no contact is required.
These classes (not so much the summoner) are mostly down to skill as well, where as melee is mostly hack and slash
also, image having a full stardust dragon AND the defense of the solar armor, that would be over powered

Top Bottom