tModLoader Fall Damage For NPC

Gonkilod

Terrarian
Fall Damage For NPC

icon.png

Hello everyone! This mod bring a little more realism and justice to the game - it brings fall damage fo NPC.

Damage formula is the same as for player.

Version history:

1.1.0 v --------------------------------------- 20.04.2020
- Addded fall-coefficient depending on NPC type:
  • Slimes takes 12% more damage (except ice types that takes 8% more damage)
  • Skeletrons takes 6% more damage (armored takes less damage: 3% for little armor, and nothing for full armor)
  • Bon Lee skeletron takes 9% less damage because of its good skills
  • Snowmans takes takes 8% more damage
  • Possessed Armor takes 15% less damage
  • Granite Golem takes 15% less damage
  • Paladin takes 15% less damage
  • Cyborg takes 6% less damage
Damage change was considered depending on the "density" (state of aggregation) of the character. We don't consider gases, of course)
For example, a granite golem is unlikely to take more damage than a slime or equal damage.
The skeleton is very fragile in itself.
The armor protects from falling. Depending on the completeness of the armor set, damage from falling will decrease.

1.0.1 v --------------------------------------- 15.04.2020
- Mod icon added

Future Plans:
  • Analyze all kinds of NPC for improve realism of damage taking
  • Create options for customizing properties of the mod
  • Improve AI to eliminate NPC's dumb suicide (ideas already exist)

I will be glad to accept your ideas and comments!

Available in Mod Browser.

Last edited:
  • Skeletrons takes 6% more damage (armored takes less damage: 3% for little armor, and nothing for full armor)
Personally I would think Armor would make you take MORE damage unless it was designed to cushion the fall (IE such as the Cyborg's case, but the Paladin? I don't think so)

Also, BON lee SKELETRON? That's just asking for some meme art of Skeletron wearing a black belt and with tiger climbing gear for hands (no feet so... no tabi sadly :/)

Personally I would think Armor would make you take MORE damage unless it was designed to cushion the fall (IE such as the Cyborg's case, but the Paladin? I don't think so)

Also, BON lee SKELETRON? That's just asking for some meme art of Skeletron wearing a black belt and with tiger climbing gear for hands (no feet so... no tabi sadly :/)

Thanks for the comment) So far this update with different damage has a first approximation. I also thought that it is unlikely that armor can protect against falling to your feet. However, if we remove the game convention that everyone is falling on its feet (or bottom part), then an extreme sport is a good example, where a helmet and protection of hands and feet can serve as protection against injuries) It still seems to me that falling to your feet is a game convention, and one can assume that the fall in general case may be different. Or the best way would be to change formula - at small distances armor is gonna save you, but at high altitudes it would be the same as for other creatures.

Personally, I have not encountered Bon Lee yet, so it was complete fiction) But at small percent, I would remove the damage.

This mod made my playthrough 200% more fun. Thank you!

(still hearing that satisfying *splat* of NPCs in distance :) )

Fall Damage For NPC

View attachment 267755

Hello everyone! This mod bring a little more realism and justice to the game - it brings fall damage fo NPC.

Damage formula is the same as for player.

Version history:

1.1.0 v --------------------------------------- 20.04.2020
- Addded fall-coefficient depending on NPC type:
Damage change was considered depending on the "density" (state of aggregation) of the character. We don't consider gases, of course)
For example, a granite golem is unlikely to take more damage than a slime or equal damage.
The skeleton is very fragile in itself.
The armor protects from falling. Depending on the completeness of the armor set, damage from falling will decrease.

1.0.1 v --------------------------------------- 15.04.2020
- Mod icon added

Future Plans:
  • Analyze all kinds of NPC for improve realism of damage taking
  • Create options for customizing properties of the mod
  • Improve AI to eliminate NPC's dumb suicide (ideas already exist)

I will be glad to accept your ideas and comments!

Available in Mod Browser.
Will here be a mod where players never take fall damage even if they do not have immunities for fall damage?

Back
Top Bottom