PS4 Fall Damage glitch

Oleg34518

Official Terrarian
This is a glitch I found that makes you take 10X the usual fall damage. and if you take enough fall damage (like 20000+) you won't die.
I found this glitch when I was falling from a place I usually take 70 fall damage, but I took 700.
it makes you take 10X fall damage from ANY fall damage.
Terraria_20151223184946.jpg

it's now visible, but I took 54460 damage and I survived, how is that possible?
Please fix this glitch, as it make new playthroughs difficult.
EDIT: I've uploaded the screenshot from PS4.

Last edited:
From watching other people play the update, this also occurs on Xbox One and the fall damage is calculated at 100 per block above the safe falling distance (25 blocks for normal, 40 blocks with Frog Legs) - 4 times as high as what it is supposed to be.

I think that this is caused by the fall damage calculator: there's an extra zero at the end: when the fall damage counter is 100, you will take 1000 damage instead.
@505 Games Support can you please check the fall damage calculator, because i think it's glitched.

This also happens on the 360 as well. I started a fresh character when we got the fishing update. I made a temporary NPC tower and the fall from the top should've been around 100 damage, but it killed me while having 400 health. I had a laugh about it, and thought maybe it was a buff to fall damage to make Frog Legs more appealing, heh. But after further testing, yeah, it's bugged.

What's the fix status on this issue? It's very annoying playing with this extreme fall damage.

I do fall the most smallest distance that would normally take small amounts of damage but I just die all the time which really punishes you for exploring.

The update hasn't come quite yet.

The only workaround I see to this bug ATM is grind up feathers for Featherfall potions until you get the Lucky Horseshoe. It nukes fall damage for the whole game, but it is better than just outright dying to any fall above 25 blocks.

An advice for new players: get an umbrella, and select it when falling, it will negate fall damage.

Back
Top Bottom