Weapons & Equip Fallen Automatons, Kinetic Gear, and the Late Hardmode Thrower

Red H2O

Skeletron Prime
Welcome, all, to my third thread on the life and times of the new Throwing class! Today we'll focus on the post-mech life, from Plantera to Fishron! There'll be new armor, tons of new weapons, and even a new boss! Let's jump right in.

June 21st, 2015 edit: The fourth part in the Hardmode Thrower series is up! Check it out here.

The Thrower has just defeated the Mighty Mechanical bosses, which is no small feat for any player. With Drax in hand, the Thrower heads off to the Jungle for Chlorophyte. And there are a few new uses for this handy material.

Chlorophyte Kpinga
Sweet sprite by It's a me!
index.php

- 2 Chlorophyte Bar. Makes 100
- Throwing weapon
- 51 Damage
- Strong Knockback
- Max Stack: 999
- Velocity: 8
- Crit. Chance: 7%
- Rarity: Lime
- Use Time: 12
- "Chases after foes"
- To the best of my understanding, a Kpinga is basically a stick with blades all along it, which should do nicely. Similarly to Chlorophyte Bullets, they home in on enemies nearby.

Only one new weapon for Chlorophyte? What a gyp. Until you talk to the guide, and he shows you this:

Broken Combustion Engine
Sprite provided by It's a me!
index.php

- 3 Chlorophyte Bars + 10 Cogs + 10 Wire + 3 Explosive Powder at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
- Summoner
- Max Stack: 20
- Use Time: 44
- "Summon the Fallen Automaton"
- That's right! A new boss! With new things!

This boss would bridge the gap between the Mechs and Plantera, and has drops for all classes, along with very important things for the Throwing class.

Fallen Automaton
Absolutely astounding sprite courtesy of It's a me!
fallen_automaton_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d92h7ou.gif

- Boss
- Heavily Modified Ice Golem AI
- Damage: 45 (Contact), 25 (C.A.R. shots), 25 (Flamethrower), 35 (Missile)
- Max Life: 31,000
- Defense: 23
- Drops: 12 Gold, Perpetual Core (1, 100%), Clockwork Minigun (1, 20%), Sharpened Gears (250-650, 20%), Electrified Blade (1, 20%), Cybernetic Staff (1, 20%), Blazing Blitz (1, 20%), Fallen Automaton Trophy (1, 10%), Fallen Automaton Mask (1, 14.29%)
- This boss is effectively a suped up, mechanical version of the Ice Golem, only much, much stronger. He appears to be a large, broken bipedal war machine: a giant (20 block) skeleton of black and charred metal holds together, a few pieces of shinier, golden plating. The face is a horrifying skull, with bared humanoid teeth and glowing orange eyes. The arms end in two different things: one has a hand with fingers replaces by broken and battered Clockwork Assault Rifles. On the other hand, a large object that appears to be some sort of turbine whirs. Finally, the long but strong legs end in human-like feet with mysterious hatches on the top. The metallic abomination moves towards the player at a very slow rate, but still moves even while attacking.
Attacks
  • The giant will spawn from either the left or right side of the screen, lumbering towards the player. His first move will always be to raise the C.A.R. hand and shoot a barrage of bullets at the player. Speed and agility will be needed to avoid the bulletstorm.
  • Next, after walking a few more steps, the Automaton will raise his other hand. After a delay of about 1.5 seconds, a massive column of flames will shoot out of the turbine, which also light the ground on fire for 3 seconds. I recommend platforms to avoid the flames more easily.
  • A few more steps, then he stops completely. The hatches on his feet lift up, and a missile silo raises out of them. Each silo fires 3 homing missiles 1 second apart, for a total of six missiles. They home onto the player until hitting a wall, hitting the player, or automatically blowing up after 4 seconds in the air.
  • As the Automaton's life drops, his movement speed increases slightly and the delay between attacks decreases dramatically. It becomes a DPS race very quickly.
Finally, the beast falls to pieces, dropping some sweet, sweet loot.

Drops

Clockwork Minigun
Sprite provided by It's a me!
clockwork_minigun_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d9289qf.gif

- Ranged weapon
- 30 Damage
- Knockback: 2
- Velocity: 11
- Crit. Chance: 4%
- Use Time: 20-6
- "Ratatatatata!"
- "50% chance to not consume ammo. Very inaccurate."
- If you haven't guessed, this is basically the long-requested ranged equivalent of the Laser Machinegun. The longer the player holds down the mouse button, the faster and faster it shoots. The bullets fly in a cone similar to the Gatligator, making it more of a spray-'n'-pray weapon.

Sharpened Gears
- Throwing weapon
- 45 Damage
- Weak Knockback
- Velocity: 7.5
- Crit. Chance: 5%
- Use Time: 11
- These are basically direct upgrades to the ever-loved Spiky Balls. They stay on the ground to do constant damage up to 10 times before being destroyed. They also give off a faint golden glow. Having at least one in the player's inventory allows them to be bought from the Steampunker for 80 Copper each.

Electrified Blade
- Melee weapon
- 50 Damage
- Knockback: 3-7
- Use Time: Variable
- The first melee weapon to be chargeable. Holding down the mouse button builds up charge, which increases knockback and, more noticeably, the length of the sword. Tapping the mouse button will swing a small yellow blade about the length of the Beam Sword. Holding down to full (about a 7 second charge) will swing a massive golden sword even longer than the Breaker Blade. Additionally, holding down the mouse button increases the chance for the the Electrified debuff to be applied, and the duration. This goes from 10% to 75%, and from 1 second to 7 seconds.

Cybernetic Staff
Minion sprite provided by It's a me!
index.php

- Summoning weapon
- 32 Damage
- Knockback: 3
- Mana: 10
- Velocity: 13
- Use Time: 27
- "Summons an Automaton to fight for you"
- Grants the Automatons buff
- Buff tooltip: "The automatons will fight for you"
- Using this summon weapon creates a player-sized automaton, with an appearance similar to that of the boss itself. When an enemy is within range (roughly half the screen), the automatons will fire missiles, fire, and bullets at them at random intervals.

Blazing Blitz
- Magic weapon
- 51 Damage
- Knockback: 4
- Mana: 9
- Velocity: 16
- "Fires a flaming beam"
- This weapon is basically the precursor to the Last Prism. It fires one large (4 block wide) beam of flames with unlimited range. It quickly drains mana, but sets enemies on fire 100% for 1-4 seconds.

Fallen Automaton Trophy
- Furniture
- Placeable
- 3 wide X 3 high
- Max Stack: 99
- Rarity: Blue
- Use Time: 14
- This trophy depicts an old, broken, finger-shaped gun, covered in rust.

Fallen Automaton Mask
- Vanity
- Rarity: Blue
- Social Helmet
- A skeletal, golden and black mask with glowing orange eyes that are visible in darkness.

Along with a weapon, and a chance of a trophy or mask, the metallic beast will always drop a strange Perpetual Core.

Perpetual Core
Sprite graciously provided by It's a me!
perpetual_core_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d92iyiu.gif

- Crafting Material
- It appears to be a small bronze device, with many moving parts that never seem to stop.

Finally, for the first time since the Granite and Marble minibiomes, our thrower has the chance to create some brand new armor!

Kinetic Gear

The Kinetic armor set is based on an idea that I've wanted for a long time: increased abilities while moving quickly. It appears to be made of pure electricity, with a bright yellow and bronze tint that shimmers and glows with every step.

Kinetic Bascinet
- 12 Chlorophyte Bars + 1 Perpetual Core
- 7 Defense
- "45% increased throwing velocity, 25% increased movement speed"
- Note: This is what a Bascinet is. Basically the mix of a Plague Doctor mask and a Knight's Helmet. Radical.

Kinetic Chestpiece
- 24 Chlorophyte Bars + 1 Perpetual Core
- 16 Defense
- "45% increased throwing damage, 25% increased movement speed"

Kinetic Greaves
- 18 Chlorophyte Bars + 1 Perpetual Core
- 8 Defense
- 33% increased throwing critical strike chance, 25% increased movement speed"

Set Bonus
- "Moving quickly increases throwing powers and physical abilities"
- As you would expect, moving vastly improved throwing weapons. Throwing crit. chance, damage and velocity are all vastly boosted with movement speed, up to a max of 33% increases.
- Also, health regeneration and attack speed are boosted as movement speed increases, up to a maximum of 3 HP/second and 25%, respectively.

With your new shiny armor and weapons in hand, you're off to face down the challenges ahead, starting with Plantera. The floral fiend has a couple new drops for our throwing protagonist.

Spiked Seed
- 50% drop from Plantera. Drops 250-650 at a time.
- Throwing weapon
- 45 Damage or 55 Damage
- Average Knockback or Strong Knockback
- Velocity: 14 or 16
- Crit. Chance: 6% or 10%
- Rarity: Yellow
- Use Time: 9
- Plantera will always either drop these or Thorn Balls. When using these weapons, there is a 20% chance that the normal pink seed will be replaced with a more volatile green seed, which uses the second set of values above. The seeds can pass through 2 enemies before breaking on the third enemy or a wall. Pink seeds have a 25% chance to inflict poison for 5 seconds, and green seeds have a 50% chance to inflict poison for 7 seconds.

Thorn Ball
- 50% drop from Plantera. Drops 250-650 at a time.
- Throwing weapon
- 67 Damage
- Extremely Strong Knockback
- Velocity: 11
- Crit. Chance: 8%
- Use Time: 16
- Plantera will always either drop these or Spiked Seeds. Much like the Plantera attacks, these balls will bounce indefinitely and pierce infinitely until coming to a complete stop.

With the giant petunia out of the picture, the next step is to head to the Jungle Temple, as per usual. The Golem has a new treat for throwers.

Solar Beam
- 100% Drop from the Golem. Drops 250-650 at a time.
- Throwing weapon
- 60 Damage
- Strong Knockback
- Velocity: 20
- Crit. Chance: 10%
- Use Time: 7
- These are basically high velocity bullets for throwers. Solar Beams appear as a small dot of light that leaves behind a golden trail, like a comet. The hitbox is extremely tiny, so precision is necessary, but the DPS makes up for the accuracy needs. They also ricochet 6 times, but do not pierce, destroying on hitting an enemy or hitting a 7th wall.

Before tackling the dreaded Fishron, throwers may want to stop by the Post-Plantera Dungeon for a special new enemy.

Skeletal Tactician
- Undead Enemy
- Found in the Post-Plantera Dungeon, in areas with Slab walls.
- Fighter AI
- Damage: 65 (Contact), 45 (Bone Shrapnel)
- Max Life: 400
- Defense: 32
- KB Resist: 40%
- Drops: Arm Sling (1, 8.33%), Metallic Bone (100-300, 25%)
- This new enemy walks about as fast as the Skeleton Sniper, but has a different attack pattern: he's very, very smart. He throws special bones that break into Spiky-Ball-like shrapnel that stays on the floor for 2 seconds, and can adjust the arc and speed of the bones to make sure that he always hits his target.

He brings two new drops to the table: a new weapon and a brand spanking new accessory!

Metallic Bone
- Throwing weapon
- 45 Damage
- Weak Knockback
- Velocity: 10
- Crit. Chance: 7%
- Effectively a mixture of Spiky Balls, Bones and Crystal Bullets. They are heavily effected by gravity, arcing almost immediately. However, upon hitting the ground or an enemy, they break apart into 4-7 smaller bones that do equal damage and remain on the ground for 4 seconds.

Arm Sling
- Accessory, Crafting Material
- "75% increased throwing weapon knockback"
- "That'll leave a mark"
- Effectively a super titan potion, this makes throwing weapons send enemies flying for miles.

Before we head to Fishron, now seems like a good time to go over some accessories that can be combined.

Tactician's Visor
- Accessory
- 1 Destroyer Emblem + 1 Bionic Headset at a Tinkerer's Workshop
- "Reveals monster's locations. 12% Increased throwing damage and critical strike chance."
- The Sniper Scope of the Throwing World, this accessory combines the effects of both items it's used with only a slight loss in efficiency.

Slugger's Glove
- Accessory
- 1 Arm Sling + 1 Unstable Glove at a Tinkerer's Workshop
- "Thrown weapons sometimes explode. 75% increased throwing weapon knockback."
- "They're outta here"
- In contrast to the Tactician's Visor, the Slugger's Glove actually is more than the sum of it's parts. Thrown weapons now have a 33% chance to explode, along with the 75% knockback increase. However, it does not stack with it's predecessors while the Tactician's Visor does.

Alright! Time to fight the fish already. He has something unique in store...

Fishron Beard Hook
Lovely sprite brought to you by It's a me!
fishron_beard_hook_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d92iydx.png

- Drop from Duke Fishron. 16.7% chance. All other weapons Duke drops are now also 16.7% drops.
- Throwing weapon
- 50 Damage
- Very Weak Knockback
- Max Stack: 1
- Velocity: 13
- Crit. Chance: 8%
- Use Time: 21
- This is a completely unique weapon, especially for the Throwing class.The Fishron Beard hook is a reference to the Dragon Beard Hook, which is the basic idea for this weapon. It functions like a combination of the Harpoon and Piranha Gun. It is never consumed, and can receive modifiers (the best one for now is Unreal). Upon use, the player throws a double-bladed deal hook on a string towards the cursor. If it doesn't hit an enemy, it retracts and can be thrown again immediately. However, if it hits an enemy, it sticks to them and does constant damage for as long as the mouse button is held down. Releasing the mouse button retracts the hook.

That ought to do it! Stay tuned for the thrilling fourth installment, in which we tackle the Lunar Event and the Final Boss! Have any questions, comments or concerns? I'd love to hear them all! See you soon, everyone.

Last edited:
July 18th, 2015 edit: Added a buttload of new stuff, including a new armor set, drops for Plantera, The Golem and Duke Fishron, as well as new accessories.

I like the armor a lot. I've wanted an armor that boosts you up for being faster for ages.

...I Just realised...i Wrote the Wrong message on the Wrong Thread...im a Idiot

Anyway...This Thread gets 100% Support! (Thrower and Summoner need to be ended and Ranger needs a Little change to the Pathetic "Stealth" Mode it has)

tooltips:
Perpetual Core
"But the material is never actually finished.
It just never stops moving." [Reference: https://ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/%]

Sharpened Gears
"Shurikens of the steampunk world."

Thorn Ball
"From the plant, now made compact and efficient!"

Solar Beam
"Taste the sun!" [Reference: "Praise the sun" meme of Dark Souls (Solaire of Astora). Also "Face the wind!" by Yasuo of League of Legends]

Fishron Beard Hook
"Kung Fu? Gun Fu? THROW FU!"
[doublepost=1529497378,1529497328][/doublepost]I hope I could help

Also, I plan of using Lunar Pillar Fragments as throwing weapon [which of course are non-consumable]:
NOTE: Vortex TW is WIP

Solar Crossblade (1).png
  • Solar Crossblade
  • Throwing Weapon
  • Deals 100 damage
  • Very Strong Knockback
  • Slow
  • Crit Chance: 12%
  • Ricochets enemies. "You die for free." [Reference: Sivir (LoL) quote]
  • Rarity: Red
  • Sell: none
  • Best Modifier: Godly
  • Inflicts Daybroken & Ricochet Debuff [*enemies with the said debuff will never be targeted by the weapon until it returns to the owner.]

Pocket Dragon.png
  • Pocket Dragon
  • Throwing Weapon
  • Deals 90 Damage (initial), 85 Damage (summoned mini-Dragon)
  • Very Weak Knockback
  • Fast
  • Crit Chance: 0%
  • Inflicts damage while summoning short-lived dragons. "Sure you, Ken!" [Reference: pun of Street Fighter's attack Shoryuken]
  • Best Modifier: Ruthless
  • Summons mini-Stardust Dragons that pierces enemies

Unstable Capsule.png

• Unstable Capsule
  • Throwing Weapon
  • Deals 80 Damage (initial), up to 160 Damage (full powered nebula)
  • Strong Knockback
  • Slow
  • Crit Chance: 20%
  • Summons short-lived Big Bang Balls. "Fantastic, Baby" [Reference: you know what I mean ma dudes]
  • Best Modifier: Mythical
  • Big Bang balls explode on third impact, dealing high amount of knockback and damage.
[doublepost=1529500803,1529500747][/doublepost]all of them needs 25 fragments to be crafted

Back
Top Bottom