Sprites Fallen Isles (Alternate Floating Island)

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist
kdcROYP.png

qPh8DY1.png

an alternate floating island

kdcROYP.png

Introduction
divider.png
"Fragments of the heavens have appeared overhead. Their presence casts a shadow over the world and foretells an ominous fate for all."
Fallen Isles, remade!

Originally Fallen Isles was intended to be an expansion on the Sky Biome. While I still maintain that the Sky Biome could use a content expansion in general; I no longer believe Fallen Isles is the place for that to be suggested. In the grand scheme of things, I wanted to reel Fallen Isles back into the alternate Terraria that is being established among my suggestions. To that end, I have removed all the expansion content and remade the alternate.

Fallen Isles is mostly influenced by angelic mythologies. There's a good deal of universe/story building here that you may or may not notice. But it's more appropriate when you have been witness or follower to my other alternates. Regardless of themes and tie-ins though, Fallen Isles, like all other alternate suggestions of mine -- is intended to be a stand alone alternate suggestion.

Enjoy!

March 24, 2017
- Updated thread formatting
- Removed expansion content
- Updated sprites
- Added concept music
- Updated thread to include 1.3+ content
- Added disclaimer
- Replaced sigil
- Replaced logo
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Disclaimer
divider.png

***** Please Read Before Posting *****
This is a suggestion. And as such does not assume anything definitively. This means...

Balance is a non-issue; the numbers are provided to elicit an idea of what values an object could have. If the not-set-in-stone-imaginary numbers upset you, you're welcome to suggest other numbers, but they have no bearing on the suggestion changed or not.

Sprites are a non-issue; sprites have been provided, like balance, to help imagine the suggestion as a concept. In no way are any of the sprites final. Just like the numbers, they too are not-set-in-stone-imaginary things. This means that recolored, spliced, and unique sprites have no ultimate bearing on the suggestion. If any particular sprite upsets you, you are welcome to provide one of your own to remedy the not-actually-an-issue so that I may reject it.

This is an alternate. This means that Fallen Isles can spawn in a world instead of Floating Islands. It does not replace Floating Islands. As an alternate, Fallen Isles additionally does not mirror the values or gameplay of Floating Islands in a 1:1 ratio. It is it's own biome, not a recolor or reskin. Fallen Isles is also NOT an expansion. There is no additional content. Content included in Fallen Isles is a counterpart or replacement of existing content given to Floating Islands.

Lastly; as an alternate (and not an expansion or replacement), Fallen Isles does not assume to redefine class balance. I'm sorry if your favorite class isn't represented well in the suggestion. If Floating Islands represented all classes equally, so too would Fallen Isles.
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Concept Music
divider.png

divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Environment & Items
divider.png
While in the Fallen Isles biome during daytime, the background is rendered to appear as a sky at sunset regardless of the time of day.

Blocks & Ore

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At | Dimensions
BHpB7tH.png
| Empyrean Brick | Sunplate Block | Crafting Material | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
Stone_Block.png
x25,
Fallen_Star.png
x1 |
fKtoUek.gif
| 1x1
hlhFACt.png
| Empyrean Brick Wall | Disc Wall | Wall | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
BHpB7tH.png
x1 |
Work_Bench.png
| 1x1
kKVmUW1.png
| Nimbus | Cloud | Crafting Material | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| | | 1x1
fSTuRiZ.png
| Nimbus Wall | Cloud Wall | Wall | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
kKVmUW1.png
x1 |
Work_Bench.png
| 1x1
r6XGyAK.gif
| Radiant Nimbus | Rain Cloud | Block | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
kKVmUW1.png
x1 + Space Biome |
fKtoUek.gif
| 1x1
hlhFACt.png

Empyrean Brick Walls have small stained glass windows in them with light-yellow transparency.
kKVmUW1.png

Nimbus do not replace every instance of Clouds. Clouds may still generate. Sky Lakes are unaffected by Fallen Isles.
r6XGyAK.gif

Radiant Nimbus create a cascade of amber light beneath them when placed.

Items

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
QlGu4bD.png
| A Place of Broken Beauty | Place Above the Clouds | Furniture | 99 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| |
COBaRRe.png
| Starfall | Sky Guardian | Furniture | 99 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| |
QlGu4bD.png

A Place of Broken Beauty can be purchased from the Painter for
GoldCoin.gif
SilverCoin.gif
20 while in the Space biome.
COBaRRe.png

Starfall can be purchased from the Painter for
GoldCoin.gif
SilverCoin.gif
20 while in the Space biome during Hardmode.

Monster Drops

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Drops From
xZRXYVB.png
| Divine Feather | Feather | Crafting Material | 99 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| Cherub
dD8PCAx.png
| Archangel Feather | Giant Harpy Feather | Crafting Material | 99 |
Rarity_color_5.png
| Cherub, Archangel
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Enemies
divider.png

• DMG = damage
  • HP = health
  • DEF = defense
  • KBR = knock back resistance

Sprite | Name | Drops | DMG | HP | DEF | KBR | Inflicts | AI | Spawn | Banner
sjNpsTb.gif
| Cherub |
xZRXYVB.png
50%,
dD8PCAx.png
0.5% | 30 | 150 | 8 | 50% | | Flying/Support | |
RLa3H7E.png
uYsob6z.png
| Archangel |
Soul_of_Flight.gif
100%,
dD8PCAx.png
2% | 75 | 4500 | 15 | 90% |
Blackout.png
| Flying/Caster | |
JAzMy2h.png
sjNpsTb.gif

Cherubs are depicted as holy elementals and caretakers of the heavens. Though legends also paint these creatures as benevolent, their behavior is anything but. Anything entering the realm of the Fallen Isles is immediately beset by Cherub to be driven away.

Cherubs behave similarly to Bats when attacking the player. Occasionally, they will halt in mid air and heal themselves and other enemies in the area for 30 health.
uYsob6z.png

Legends and myths describe the Archangels as healers and warriors of light. It was thought that 1000s of years ago, Archangels lived with and among people. Now they have reappeared with the Fallen Isles, convincing some that the isles are indeed divine in origin. To the dismay of adventurers however, it appears that the Archangel's only purpose is to defend the isles with zealous ferocity.

Archangels slowly fly around the player. To attack, the Archangel will teleport close to the player and unleash a volley of 5 spears of light. This attack appears similarly to the Sky Fracture. Archangels only appear during Hardmode.
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Empyrean Chest Loot
divider.png

AbiIIU3.png
Empyrean Chest Weapons & Tools

Sprite | Name | DMG | Power | Velocity | Mana | KB | Use Time | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
O5ey34W.png
| Starfire | 5 | | 16 | 4 | 3 | 6 (Insanely Fast) |
Rarity_color_2.png
| |
O5ey34W.png

Starfire acts as an early game Crystal Storm, firing small lime-green stars. Attacks made by Starfire have a small chance to cause a Star to fall dealing 15 damage. The effect is similar to the Starfury.

Empyrean Chest Accessories

Sprite | Name | Rarity | Bonus
5eQ4rGg.png
| Heavenly Tincture |
Rarity_color_1.png
| Jumping restores 30 health over 10 seconds
KqL9BG7.png
| Utility Belt |
Rarity_color_1.png
| Doubles reach and velocity of hooks
5eQ4rGg.png

Heavenly Tincture and it's derivatives are capped at 3 jumps (90 health over 30 seconds). The effect does not stack with itself. The effect cannot be "queued" up after the 3rd jump (providing infinite regeneration so long as the player is jumping). The player must wait 30 seconds before the effect can be initialized by a jump again.

Empyrean Chest Misc

Sprite | Name | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Bonus | Dimensions
fKtoUek.gif
| Empyrean Harp | Crafting Station | 99 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| Used to craft Empyrean furniture | 3x3

divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Accessories
divider.png

Sprite | Name | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At | Bonus
MEWEB6j.png
| Cloud Tincture |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
5eQ4rGg.png
x1,
Cloud_in_a_Bottle.png
x1 | | Jumping restores 30 health over 10 seconds, double jump
NyFVaK1.png
| Blizzard Tincture |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
5eQ4rGg.png
x1,
Blizzard_in_a_Bottle.png
0GBcEbS.png
| Sandstorm Tincture |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
5eQ4rGg.png
x1,
Sandstorm_in_a_Bottle.png
d4TwAp0.png
| Honey Tincture |
Rarity_color_2.png
|
5eQ4rGg.png
x1,
Honey_Comb.png
x1 | | Jumping restores 30 health over 10 seconds, releases bees when damaged
OeNmJpW.png
| Stink Tincture |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
5eQ4rGg.png
x1,
Fart_in_a_Jar.png
3JK6bLb.png
| Divinity Tincture |
Rarity_color_8.png
|
MEWEB6j.png
x1,
NyFVaK1.png
x1,
0GBcEbS.png
x1 | | Jumping restores 30 health over 10 seconds, quadruple jump
kEWQCm7.png
| Obsidian Utility Belt |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
KqL9BG7.png
x1,
Obsidian_Skull.png
x1 | | Doubles reach and velocity of hooks, immunity to fire blocks
bDy78EO.png
| Pink Utility Belt |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
KqL9BG7.png
x1,
Sharkron_Balloon.png
x1 | | Doubles reach and velocity of hooks, increases jump height, double jump
RHZEAdn.png
| Blue Tincture Belt |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
MEWEB6j.png
x1,
KqL9BG7.png
x1 | | Jumping restores 30 health over 10 seconds, doubles reach and velocity of hooks, double jump
l9G4icZ.png
| White Tincture Belt |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
NyFVaK1.png
x1,
KqL9BG7.png
x1 | | Jumping restores 30 health over 10 seconds, doubles reach and velocity of hooks, double jump
Ssi6glp.png
| Yellow Tincture Belt |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
0GBcEbS.png
x1,
KqL9BG7.png
BjttJvX.png
| Amber Tincture Belt |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
d4TwAp0.png
x1,
KqL9BG7.png
x1 | | Jumping restores 30 health over 10 seconds, doubles reach and velocity of hooks, releases bees when damaged
UkeuT5e.png
| Green Tincture Belt |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
OeNmJpW.png
x1,
KqL9BG7.png
x1 | |Jumping restores 30 health over 10 seconds, doubles reach and velocity of hooks, double jump
XsY3PsZ.png
| Archangel Wings |
Rarity_color_5.png
|
Soul_of_Flight.gif
x20,
dD8PCAx.png
x1 |
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png
| 133% flight time, negates fall damage
Tinkerer%27s_Workshop.png

All the accessories are crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Furniture
divider.png
Paintings & Decorations​

Sprite | Name | Dimensions | Rarity | Max Stack | Tool Tip | Description
V8p1KKa.png
| King's Banner | 1x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 | |
ehuEgCB.png
| "The Four" Banner | 1x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 | |
rEJ3FA6.png
| Scripture Banner | 1x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 | |

Empyrean Furniture

Sprite | Name | Dimensions | Rarity | Max Stack | Ingredients | Crafted At
p5438vS.png
| Empyrean Platform | 1x1 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x1 |
ZN7GvM6.png
| Empyrean Workbench | 2x1 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x10 |
m5vviQy.png
| Empyrean Door | 2x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x6 |
nVVP9rL.png
| Empyrean Chair | 1x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x4 |
63SnG4k.png
| Empyrean Table | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x8 |
h9l316k.gif
| Empyrean Lantern | 1x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x6,
Torch.png
x1 |
4ZLKrEB.gif
| Empyrean Candle | 1x1 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x4,
Torch.png
x1 |
d1NMLFd.gif
| Empyrean Lamp | 1x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x3,
Torch.png
x1 |
p6nSSXd.png
| Empyrean Piano | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x15,
Bone.png
x4,
Book.png
x1 |
J9JryHa.png
| Empyrean Bed | 4x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x15,
Silk.png
x5 |
xd5kOzs.png
| Empyrean Dresser | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x16 |
mntRRf9.png
| Empyrean Bookcase | 3x4 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x20,
Book.png
x10 |
2iPMGKE.png
| Empyrean Bathtub | 4x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x14 |
pW6zYKI.gif
| Empyrean Candelabra | 2x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x5,
Torch.png
x3 |
TTUGVqv.png
| Empyrean Sofa | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x5,
Silk.png
x2 |
QWx2g4X.png
| Empyrean Clock | 2x5 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x10,
Glass.png
x6,
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x3 |
2DT7XC3.gif
| Empyrean Chandelier | 3x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x4,
Torch.png
x4,
Chain.png
x1 |
UXusPiN.png
| Empyrean Sink | 2x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
BHpB7tH.png
x6,
Water_Bucket.png
x1 |
fKtoUek.gif

The Empyrean Furniture is crafted at the Empyrean Harp
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Fishing
divider.png

naurXhJ.png

Sprite | Name | Rarity | Height | Biome | Catch Chance | Used In
6JpWNez.png
| Halo Fish |
Rarity_color_1.png
| Sky | Forest | 1:7 | Calming Potion
RRBaKXD.png
| Seraphish |
Rarity_color_quest.png
| Sky, Surface | Forest | |
KxEo6a3.png
| Pit Fish |
Rarity_color_quest.png
| Sky, Surface | Hardmode | |
Alternates of the Damselfish, Harpyfish, and Wyverntail
Angler said:
Rumor has it there's a fish with actual feathered fins! Or wings? Fin-wings! Go fish it up so I can have a look!
RRBaKXD.png
Angler said:
Swimming around those isles in the sky is one mean fish! It even has leathery fins and claws -- perfect for scaring people! Bring it to me!
KxEo6a3.png

divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Support
divider.png

Feel free to copy the code(s) below to place the biome sigil into your signature! And be sure to check out my alternates thread for more alt biome suggestions!

GZX8x9z.gif

Code:
[url='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/fallen-isles-alternate-floating-island.16940/'][img]http://i.imgur.com/GZX8x9z.gif[/img][/url]

Last edited:
Not sure how I can.. I don't know how to complete my sentences. Really, you've done a fantastic job, and have improved a lot on spritework. I might form a coherent review when I've the time.

I really like this suggestion, especially the starlord, I am not too sure if double potion recovery amount is balanced though. Still I like this suggestion.

It's fantastic, but the problem is - floating islands fall too short compared to these. It'd not simply be a crimson-corruption type alt, this biome completely negates floating islands.

Which is not good if either has a 50/50 chance to occupy a world.
It's meant to be an expansion on the biome in addition to it's alternate status, as it says in the introduction. It was, at first, a straight alt -- but I found it to be rather bland and boring. So I pushed the concept and took more liberties.

Not feeling the Medic's Aid, especially in the apothecary set. 600 health every minute, plus super Regen? Too OP, IMO.

The only complaint I have is that it has a lot more content than Floating Islands, but that is fixed by also giving them more features.

Not feeling the Medic's Aid, especially in the apothecary set. 600 health every minute, plus super Regen? Too OP, IMO.
Only if you're willing to sacrifice an accessory slot for it -- it's utility is debatable, especially in end game where survival utility doesn't outweigh the benefits of damage utility.

Forgive me if I say something stupid but is this going to replace the flying islands?
It would -- sometimes -- as Brick said, it's an alt. So somtimes you'd get Floating Islands. Other times you'd get Fallen Isles.

Only if you're willing to sacrifice an accessory slot for it -- it's utility is debatable, especially in end game where survival utility doesn't outweigh the benefits of damage utility.

It would -- sometimes -- as Brick said, it's an alt. So somtimes you'd get Floating Islands. Other times you'd get Fallen Isles.

Still, one could easily switch it and heal for 300 instead of 150 in battle.

I would totally use that in conjunction with my heal mage. Also, 300 is over half normal health for someone attempting these events. You could also use it while just in the world, not just during events.

Still, one could easily switch it and heal for 300 instead of 150 in battle.
True. But you can commit a division of time swapping in regards to most accessories and items. The decision comes down to the needed utility based on usefulness for the situation, and whether or not those situations require the effort of switching accessories mid-battle.

Apothecary's Set may keep you alive for Fishron, no sweat -- but it might not actually help you get to wave 20 in Frost Moon, for example -- you may survive Frost Moon, you just may not progress as needed.

The Apothecary's Set is meant to be an accessory that makes a defensive/survival accessory as competitive as a damage-based one. It is also ideal for newer players who don't have the skill, or otherwise don't have the means to overcome some aspects of hard mode, bosses, or events.

True. But you can commit a division of time swapping in regards to most accessories and items
Autopause
The Apothecary's Set is meant to be an accessory that makes a defensive/survival accessory as competitive as a damage-based one. It is also ideal for newer players who don't have the skill, or otherwise don't have the means to overcome some aspects of hard mode, bosses, or events.
Sure, ok. I still like everything else about this suggestion, too.

But Floating Islands would be rendered completely useless; that's what I'm worried of. You can't make two alternate biomes, and have only one spawn on each world, while one of them contains four times more content, or items four times as powerful, than the other.

As I said, the suggestion is fantastic, and I love it. The sprites are wonderfully made, and the post is perfectly structured. But this specific and very important point makes the idea... unbalanced?
The most logical solution is to add more content to floating islands. Which would be a great idea, really.

Otherwise, receiving floating islands in your world would be like having no pyramids in comparison with a world that does have pyramids. You're being denied content.

Anyways, that's just the one thing that bothered me. Good job for your entire suggestion!

But Floating Islands would be rendered completely useless; that's what I'm worried of. You can't make two alternate biomes, and have only one spawn on each world, while one of them contains four times more content, or items four times as powerful, than the other.

As I said, the suggestion is fantastic, and I love it. The sprites are wonderfully made, and the post is perfectly structured. But this specific and very important point makes the idea... unbalanced?
The most logical solution is to add more content to floating islands. Which would be a great idea, really.

Otherwise, receiving floating islands in your world would be like having no pyramids in comparison with a world that does have pyramids. You're being denied content.

Anyways, that's just the one thing that bothered me. Good job for your entire suggestion!
Would it help if I added more loot to my sky expansion thread?

Back
Top Bottom