Sprites Fallen Isles (Alternate Floating Island)

I like it, but the medic's ward and medic's aid are EXTREMELY overpowered, and the 50% increase of stars for fallen isles worlds, plus all the new items is unbalanced.
The latter can be fixed by simply giving Floating Islands more content, which they would need anyways.

I never really like the idea of all biomes having alternates, but to me, it's fine as long as these ideas don't get too repetitive. I like the sprites and the effort you're put it. For the first Sky Island biome alternate, I approve of this.

But Floating Islands would be rendered completely useless; that's what I'm worried of. You can't make two alternate biomes, and have only one spawn on each world, while one of them contains four times more content, or items four times as powerful, than the other.

As I said, the suggestion is fantastic, and I love it. The sprites are wonderfully made, and the post is perfectly structured. But this specific and very important point makes the idea... unbalanced?
The most logical solution is to add more content to floating islands. Which would be a great idea, really.

Otherwise, receiving floating islands in your world would be like having no pyramids in comparison with a world that does have pyramids. You're being denied content.

Anyways, that's just the one thing that bothered me. Good job for your entire suggestion!

Not to split hairs, but firstly; I've certainly gotten worlds that deny me content. I have had worlds, for example, in which a pyramid does not spawn.

Secondly; Fallen Isles DOES NOT have four times the content with items four times as powerful. There would be 3 more furniture sets, 9 more banners, 6 more paintings and weapons that deal damage in the range of ~80 if that were true.

All it really has is a few (3) new weapons for class appeal, 1 additional block, and a few (3 through loot, 1 through crafting) new accessories. All of which (except the new block) would be added to the Floating Island loot pool, as an expansion would suggest.

I like it, but the medic's ward and medic's aid are EXTREMELY overpowered, and the 50% increase of stars for fallen isles worlds, plus all the new items is unbalanced.
Let's not exaggerate. I'm sure the new medic items have some scary numbers attached to them -- but it doesn't render EVERYTHING unbalanced.

Additionally. It's not my job to balance. This thread is about the suggestion. Implementation and Balance is completely up to the development team. It was up to me to throw enough information in to "get the idea". The item itself doesn't even have to be balanced; you can make the medic items EXTREMELY rare as chest loot. You can make Fallen Isles generate in a world at a much lower % than Floating Islands. HOWEVER; If you've taken issue with balance -- I can edit numbers. But no one's proposed a balancing more in line with how they feel the game allows.

The idea is more important than the numbers. And I think the idea for medic/apothecary items is well represented here. If you have a problem with the balance, make the critique with numbers that you feel are more appropriate. Otherwise the items will remain as is.

Not sure why this is necessary or even a PC exclusive. The Floating Islands don't even have this much stuff, so in order for this to be a true alternate, we need more content in the Floating Islands first.

Not to split hairs, but firstly; I've certainly gotten worlds that deny me content. I have had worlds, for example, in which a pyramid does not spawn.

Secondly; Fallen Isles DOES NOT have four times the content with items four times as powerful. There would be 3 more furniture sets, 9 more banners, 6 more paintings and weapons that deal damage in the range of ~80 if that were true.

All it really has is a few (3) new weapons for class appeal, 1 additional block, and a few (3 through loot, 1 through crafting) new accessories. All of which (except the new block) would be added to the Floating Island loot pool, as an expansion would suggest.

Let's not exaggerate. I'm sure the new medic items have some scary numbers attached to them -- but it doesn't render EVERYTHING unbalanced.

Additionally. It's not my job to balance. This thread is about the suggestion. Implementation and Balance is completely up to the development team. It was up to me to throw enough information in to "get the idea". The item itself doesn't even have to be balanced; you can make the medic items EXTREMELY rare as chest loot. You can make Fallen Isles generate in a world at a much lower % than Floating Islands. HOWEVER; If you've taken issue with balance -- I can edit numbers. But no one's proposed a balancing more in line with how they feel the game allows.

The idea is more important than the numbers. And I think the idea for medic/apothecary items is well represented here. If you have a problem with the balance, make the critique with numbers that you feel are more appropriate. Otherwise the items will remain as is.

Okay then. 'I suggest that the medic and apothecary items, as well as the falling star increase, is reduced to 30%' :indifferent:

I'm going to ignore the number, as I respect that balancing is largely the job of the Dev team, and it can be hard. Instead, I'm going to look at the meat of the suggestion. This is fantastic. I love the ideas, its creative and the sprites are AWESOME. support from me, regardless of how it is balanced. If everyone can come to an agreement and balance it in a way that makes everybody happy, then even better.

I wouldn't call them "drawn" so much as I would say the pixels were meticulously placed
Don't get smart with me, young lady.
I meant like, did you make them by hand, not using existing sprites and splicing them together? I don't recognize them from any existing sprites.

Don't get smart with me, young lady.
I meant like, did you make them by hand, not using existing sprites and splicing them together? I don't recognize them from any existing sprites.
Oh! Yes. A lot of the sprites in this particular suggestion are hand crafted. I used some sprites simply for size reference (furniture) and other sprites simply because I didn't see the need to overly change them (Medic accessories; the bottle shape too good)

Edit: The numbers on the medic/apothecary items have been adjusted.

Last edited:
I dunno why, but I think it'd be neat if you couldn't use both the Medic's Aid and Ward couldn't be used at the same time. But that's just me being random.

This is great, though. Support.

11/10 Because i hate (i have scary) Wyverns and the sprite slooks good and it looks like never someone did think about this.

This is quite well rounded and still thematically interesting within the game. Where else could angel wings come from? I almost wish the Starlord had a proper summoned being, perhaps a Thronos (burning wheel angel) that pelts enemies with stars. It is an interesting item regardless of that though. The Apothecary's Set is pretty intriguing since I'm all for proposing things that might make an Alchemist build possible.

I think my favorite part is the design aesthetic of the Empyreal furniture set. It's fantastical, modern and a little bit fluffy. :D

This is quite well rounded and still thematically interesting within the game. Where else could angel wings come from? I almost wish the Starlord had a proper summoned being, perhaps a Thronos (burning wheel angel) that pelts enemies with stars. It is an interesting item regardless of that though. The Apothecary's Set is pretty intriguing since I'm all for proposing things that might make an Alchemist build possible.

I think my favorite part is the design aesthetic of the Empyreal furniture set. It's fantastical, modern and a little bit fluffy. :D
I wanted to move away from a summoning item that is just "more minions", because I believe that Summoners are quite boring with JUST minion items and minion accessories. It occurred to me that Summoners, post-minion summoning, have to use melee, ranged, or magic weapons; so I thought it would be nice if they finally could have a proper weapon -- one that "summons" Stars
WHQYWi4.png

I wanted to move away from a summoning item that is just "more minions", because I believe that Summoners are quite boring with JUST minion items and minion accessories. It occurred to me that Summoners, post-minion summoning, have to use melee, ranged, or magic weapons; so I thought it would be nice if they finally could have a proper weapon -- one that "summons" Stars
WHQYWi4.png

I totally understand and I like it. I was just mentioning that due to my personal preference for Final Fantasy-esque unique allies. :happy:

But yeah, it's an interesting approach and there's already some things in the game already that would be more unusual and interesting if they benefited from Minion damage, like the Bee or Wasp Gun. Perhaps the Honey Comb as well.

Back
Top Bottom