Sprites Fallen Isles (Alternate Floating Island)

I just noticed the Four Banner 'warns of the Four.' Quite a coincidence now that there are
Four Celestial Towers as the next to last bosses.

Good alternate idea overall.

Great job!, I like the theme, and the sprites, and colour pallet are great.
all-in-all good job!

Support!

That is a Guardians of the Galaxy reference, isn't it? This is awesome, but it would make the floating islands redundant. But otherwise, support!

index.php
pY0otPK.png

This evil dragon wants a cookie
[doublepost=1491172500,1491172394][/doublepost]Will Achievements come to 3ds edition?
[doublepost=1491172622][/doublepost]:):dryadsmile::merchantsmile::nursesmile:~:)`:):nymph: :redmunch:

index.php
pY0otPK.png

This evil dragon wants a cookie
[doublepost=1491172500,1491172394][/doublepost]Will Achievements come to 3ds edition?
[doublepost=1491172622][/doublepost]:):dryadsmile::merchantsmile::nursesmile:~:)`:):nymph: :redmunch:
Hi there @The Emerald King, welcome to the forums. When you post in a thread, it is expected that you discuss the topic - in this case, Izzabelle's Fallen Isles suggestion. Posting random wyvern sprites, asking about 3DS, and spamming emojis is not what this thread is about. Please do not post in a thread unless you plan on discussing the topic. Thanks.

Also, as you're new, you may not realize that doubleposting here isn't encouraged. If you are the last person to make a post and you have something more to add, please Edit your post to include the additions, instead of double or triple posting.

If you have any questions about this - or anything else - you can send me a private message by clicking on the 'Start a Conversation' link that appears under my avatar at the bottom.

Wouldn't it be more balanced (since Fallen Isles has more items) to just make it so that whenever a world generates a Floating Island it has a 50% chance to be a reg'lar island and a 50% chance to be a Fallen Isles?

Wouldn't it be more balanced (since Fallen Isles has more items) to just make it so that whenever a world generates a Floating Island it has a 50% chance to be a reg'lar island and a 50% chance to be a Fallen Isles?
Fallen Isles doesn't have more items than Floating Islands.

It is a straight forward alternate.

Fallen Isles doesn't have more items than Floating Islands.

It is a straight forward alternate.
Well I still think it'd be better if there were both fallen isles and floating islands in a world, although I suppose saying that is like saying "I want corruption and crimson in one world"

I like how most of your alternates are for mini biomes, which I find more creative than EVIL/HALLOW ALTS x200 ALL CROSSING OVER! -_-
One thing I don't really care for in this is presentation. Its neat and organized, but small sentences are spoilered and, most importantly, it doesn't actually really describe the actual mini biome. Just a few tables of enemies, blocks, etc. Sprites are amazing but it doesn't give the main idea. Try making a mockup like how the cyber did of its appearance, along with a description. Anyways nice work!

I like how most of your alternates are for mini biomes, which I find more creative than EVIL/HALLOW ALTS x200 ALL CROSSING OVER! -_-
One thing I don't really care for in this is presentation. Its neat and organized, but small sentences are spoilered and, most importantly, it doesn't actually really describe the actual mini biome. Just a few tables of enemies, blocks, etc. Sprites are amazing but it doesn't give the main idea. Try making a mockup like how the cyber did of its appearance, along with a description. Anyways nice work!
The spoilers are mostly there for consistency across all of my work. Can you imagine trying to get through something like the Tropics without spoilers in there? Probably didn't need them for the smaller alts, but I try to keep that consistency so that fans of my work know where to look for what when they browse.

I'm usually a bit more vague on whole descriptions because the concept is all that really matters here. I specifically remain vague so you have to use your imagination when you read through -- since it can be argued that imagination plays an integral role in Terraria's game-play experience.

That said -- I've been considering an alternate to the logos that would help paint the suggestion better. But it's not something I would commit to working on until after my line of alts are done in their entirety.

Super cool!!! I have to say, I've been coming up with ideas like these with my siblings for a while now, and I'm overjoyed to see bunch of my ideas actually lived out through your work. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom