fallen log fairy spawning behavior

Jatopian

Terrarian
Do fairies spawn by fallen logs when the log is on the player's screen? Or only offscreen in the normal spawning radius? Or both?

Are there biome requirements or anything else to know?

I believe that only off the screen, in the standard spawn range, I ended up doing some tests now in the mobile version:

There are two logs on my map, one near a village and the other isolated, in both I placed a water candle and a gnome statue near, however, in the second I made a "box" around it 37 blocks high and 9 blocks wide, so the fairies don't run away, the reason for being 37 tall is because of the spawn range mentioned above, I left the player on top of the box with minions killing the mobs outside, and i no had any fairies, even during the night, in the second test I went into space and came back to the trunk to unload and load the spawn in the area, and the result was same.

In the log near the village I didn't change anything, I just kept moving away and getting closer during the night, and I ended up finding a single fairy hovering over him.

I think I can conclude that fairies are like critters, as they can be influenced by water candles and nearby NPCs / Villages, so if you want an efficient farm, I suggest blocking all spawn around the Log, building a village nearby and capture / kill all the critters that appear nearby to make room for the fairies.

Back
Top Bottom