Other Game Fallout Series

Personally I don't see a problem with that. You purchased the right to play the game.:)

It's a pity Bethesda could never be arsed to make Fallout 3 more compatible with Windows 7/8. It's a game that lots of people would occasionally want to replay again.
Oh well, at least they're throwing another one at us in a few months.:D

Fallout 3 is a :red: to get running on anything past Win7-32. I have Win 7-64 and can never have it running more than one hour without CTDing, even after applying the old stability mods.

The game is unstable by default, putting it in a place it doesn't recognize, with hardware it never knew existed only makes it worse. Only 100% safe way to make FO3 work (as far as I've researched) is to have Windows XP installed as well, or have another computer with XP.

Thanks for help guys! I'll pirate once its finished downloading. Sadly i wont be able to play too much, cuz, you know, Skyrim Legendary on steam sale :p

I can't be the only one hyped for this game, I am curious as to how your character ends up 200 years after the bombs first fell. LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!

You aren't the only one. You are far from it.
Personally, all the customisation is absolutely incredible. We've been waiting for a Fallout 4 for so long, and it's finally been announced.
10th November, for those who didn't know.

I too am extremely excited for the optional base building too. Also modular weapons?! Gonna love that, I loved it when it was in Dead Space 3, I'll still love it!

Today is the day fallout releases sadly I don't have a powerful enough device to run it on *cry* have fun.

P.S make your character and show me screenshots in the thread.

Seriously though have fun wastelanders.

*WARNING. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD. READ AT OWN RISK.*

I have created the Poll as well for people who merely want to chime in a quick opinion, but the option is, of course, open to those that participate in the discussion below.

Fallout 4 has shown to be a very morally questioning game in general. As apposed to Skyrim, where you could pick one side out of 2, you have the option for 3, and all of them have long term goals in mind, and all aren't necessarily 'evil' by the direct definition due to their backgrounds, but also have major flaws in their ideals, and all of them revolve around a specific character race, called Synths, specifically Gen 3 ones.

Synths are machines created by The Institute that look, sound, interact, and behave exactly like a human would, or at least the Gen 3 versions do. The Gen 1 and 2 versions are considered "dumber", and are used by The Institute in their fieldwork, mind you. The occasional Gen 3 is employed for other tasks such as infiltration.

But here is where the Moral Question is popped. Gen 3 Synths are so smart, and are so near free will, combined with free thinking, are they considered people too? Numerous times throughout the game you will see Synths act 100% like a human would, no fakeness (unless on purpose) is shown.

The Brotherhood of Steel wishes to preserve technology and save humanity from itself by gathering technology from all sciences and uses in an attempt to save humanity from using it against each other. However to do this, they have chosen that they need to commit genocide on all the species and Synths in the Wasteland to achieve their goal to save humanity: From Itself.

The Railroad believes Synths are slaves to The Institute. They have constantly tried to free them from the their clutches for many years, and have been partially successful in doing so. However, as shown in a specific quest, when let loose, they can be dangerous, and can bring harm to many innocent people. However the Railroad insists that the Synths still deserve freedom more than anything else. (Note though that they try to bring ones that they trust.)

The Institute makes the Synths. Their viewpoint that a Synth is merely a machine, and has no inherent consciousness like humans, and are more akin to a loaded gun, "... Whoever fired the gun is to blame, not the gun manufacturer.". Their goal is to advance technology underground and create machines as close to a humans image as possible for us to live on. But to do this, they reel in all the escaped Synths, and wipe their memory clean, raising another question if inhumanity can apply to a machine that can think.

So what do you all think? Who reigns as a superior ideology in the cruel world that is the Wasteland of Boston?

None of them. They have great ideologies, but, in the end, have great consequences.

KIll the Synths, kill off something that could be great, and what would happen if someone was in the way. You would have to deal with the consquence of killing something that is almost human and could potentially help in the long run.

Free the Synths and risk the lives of others for them to be free. They would be free yes, but how would they act. Some would go violent, some peaceful, but it is a huge unknown that is a very big risk of taking.

Continue making and not taking the blame for the Synths would be the worst of the 3. What happens when they advanced far enough to get free will. They would try to break free. What happens if you kill one, spark a rebellion that would end up causing a calamity. Once they hate them enough, they will hate any other human.

/End of opinion/

Hmm... I'd have to go with Shaedric here.

With the current state of 2287 Earth, 210 years since the Great War started- and when nuclear radiation still hasn't been able to be cleared, it would be best to develop the final generation of the systems and then pass all life on to these new lifeforms, so they can use the best of the quadratic FLops theorem. They'll be able to develop better than a human. So the only thing left, after that point, to do... would be...

an ENTIRE human genocide.

Neither. If I can't chose to side with myself like in New Vegas, then I'll just kill everybody.

EDIT: Forgot most characters are essential, FML.

I don't have time to mess with the crappy face sculpting nonsense, so I'm using a pre-made face. I'll make my character when there's a mod that brings back the sliders...

Anyway, I don't have the minimum system requirements either, mainly because they are :red:ing ludicrous. But it runs fine outdoors, never drops under 45 FPS if I remove the framerate cap, but it lags like hell indoors...

*WARNING. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD. READ AT OWN RISK.*

I have created the Poll as well for people who merely want to chime in a quick opinion, but the option is, of course, open to those that participate in the discussion below.

Fallout 4 has shown to be a very morally questioning game in general. As apposed to Skyrim, where you could pick one side out of 2, you have the option for 3, and all of them have long term goals in mind, and all aren't necessarily 'evil' by the direct definition due to their backgrounds, but also have major flaws in their ideals, and all of them revolve around a specific character race, called Synths, specifically Gen 3 ones.

Synths are machines created by The Institute that look, sound, interact, and behave exactly like a human would, or at least the Gen 3 versions do. The Gen 1 and 2 versions are considered "dumber", and are used by The Institute in their fieldwork, mind you. The occasional Gen 3 is employed for other tasks such as infiltration.

But here is where the Moral Question is popped. Gen 3 Synths are so smart, and are so near free will, combined with free thinking, are they considered people too? Numerous times throughout the game you will see Synths act 100% like a human would, no fakeness (unless on purpose) is shown.

The Brotherhood of Steel wishes to preserve technology and save humanity from itself by gathering technology from all sciences and uses in an attempt to save humanity from using it against each other. However to do this, they have chosen that they need to commit genocide on all the species and Synths in the Wasteland to achieve their goal to save humanity: From Itself.

The Railroad believes Synths are slaves to The Institute. They have constantly tried to free them from the their clutches for many years, and have been partially successful in doing so. However, as shown in a specific quest, when let loose, they can be dangerous, and can bring harm to many innocent people. However the Railroad insists that the Synths still deserve freedom more than anything else. (Note though that they try to bring ones that they trust.)

The Institute makes the Synths. Their viewpoint that a Synth is merely a machine, and has no inherent consciousness like humans, and are more akin to a loaded gun, "... Whoever fired the gun is to blame, not the gun manufacturer.". Their goal is to advance technology underground and create machines as close to a humans image as possible for us to live on. But to do this, they reel in all the escaped Synths, and wipe their memory clean, raising another question if inhumanity can apply to a machine that can think.

So what do you all think? Who reigns as a superior ideology in the cruel world that is the Wasteland of Boston?
Give Synths a chance. If they show self awareness and coherent, independent thought, then spare em.
If they do go Will Smith on ya then just pop em.

Can't choose.
The brotherhood just is too much, as not everyone is bad in the wasteland.
The institute may have amazing tech, but they can't create something exactly like a human and expect people to say that it is just a machine.
The railroad is just… well… lets just say I didn't help them much.

Currently, I am helping them all, cause I want to complete everything on one character. Next playthrough, I'm most likely going to kill everyone except the Minutemen, because I want the settlements. Basically, it'll be a genocide run in Undertale.
And it's going to be glorious.

It was so hard to choose :(
I ended up choosing the Institute though. I honestly believe though that given the option I could have persuaded the Railroad to cease their activities. After all, what the perceive as sentience is nothing more the too much code building from the learning algorithms. Think back to Star Wars R2-D2, this is what allowed him to have a semblance of personality. And while I would never turn in Synths like Nick to the institute it is true that some go wrong. It would be interesting though to choose certain ones and teach them about humanity and send them out to see how they fair. Though I will say if I had the option I will probably fire Doctor Zimmer... I hated him sooo much in Fallout 3...
It was hard having to kill Deacon and Tom in the Railroad.
They were both truly good guys.
BoS is another matter all together though. Other than Paladin Danse, I feel no remorse for slaughtering the egotistical lot of them. It would have been fine if Elder Lyons still was in control, he was a good man.
On an unrelated note... stupid eyebots... I had hoped they would disable or sumthin after the fall of the Enclave, they just annoy me...

How to Fallout:

1. Take every Fat Man you've found and turn it into a MIRV
2. Give one to each of your settlers
3. Wait for a raider attack
4. Allahu snackbar!

How to Fallout:

1. Take every Fat Man you've found and turn it into a MIRV
2. Give one to each of your settlers
3. Wait for a raider attack
4. Allahu snackbar!

Best time I have had is doing this.
Also, if this is a general discussion thread, can I just talk about what I have done in the game up to this point?

The institute is correct in that any synth that escapes runs the risk of becoming a belligerent, hostile rogue, but...

...that only provides more evidence that they are sentient.

Humans are equally, if not more, likely to become violent. Nick is a direct implantation of a human's memories, nothing more needs saying. They are creating sentience and playing with it. Sure. bad synths need subduing, but so do bad humans. Free will should give both humans this choice, and synths - and both should bear the same consequences.

As such, making sentience and keeping it indefinitely in servitude, for safety or labor, is slavery or preemptive incarceration.

Note: Not finished the game yet, if there is additional events that happen post visiting the institute and listening to father, then I'm not aware of them yet.

Back
Top Bottom