Other Game Minecraft Thread

Anyone got any good Minecraft mods? I've got:
Wings, Horns and Hooves if you'd like a Pegasus to fly around on, a Kelpie to swim on or a giant black horse to set things on fire. I've found it to be unstable though (the horses keep disappearing), so perhaps don't get too attached to them. Or /giveitem yourself a new spawn egg if a horse disappears.

Quark is a great mod for lots of little changes. I particularly like the new blocks it introduces. There are some quality of life changes too like auto-tool replacement. Check the options before using it because some changes you might not like (depth mobs, guardians in ocean).

Animania is good if you like animals.

I have some others I can't remember; will check and update later. I've been waiting for the mods to update for MC 1.13, but the new features in 1.14 makes me think I'll be skipping 1.13.

Minecraft 1.14: Village and Pillage.
The main focus of this seems to be adding more ways to kill villagers, via raids. I don't really see the need for this. Villagers are perfectly able to kill themselves. Just put a Cactus block in the village somewhere and wait a few in-game days. That aside, villager professions have an update.

Bunch of block updates, finally making all the various stone types have parity. E.g. polished diorite can be made into stairs. New mobs: foxes, pandas, pillagers. New crafting stations. They've added a lectern for reading books, which is something I could have used a while ago! Crossbows added, which is finally giving some validity to the combat update. New default texture too. I kind of like the new textures, but it's not going to stop me finding a resource pack and combining it with my own additions.

Anyway, link above has details if you're interested.

Edit: From my previous post: "I've been waiting for the mods to update for MC 1.13, but the new features in 1.14 makes me think I'll be skipping 1.13."
Looks like Forge is somewhat skipping 1.13 as well, so 1.14 might be the new 'baseline' for mods.

Yo, new guy in the house.

I'm a guy who makes maps for fun. I'm on hiatus right now, as I'm unable to make maps until July 8th. Check out my Planet Minecraft page, and you can see what I'm working on.

Is it a bad idea to use slowfall potions in the dragon fight?
In fact, that is a very good idea because the dragon can just yeet you around.

Someone tell me stuff to do, got bored after building a ghast farm.
try making a wither farm or get an army of dogs,
or if your REALLY bored you can: find the outer lands (if it’s still possible), learn red stone and make flying machines
If you have the patience and your THAT BORED, get all the tropical fish! There are over 3,000 different kinds!

Just started building an underground tunnel system in my Wii U world. I started in the desert and then built it facing the wrong way.

Long ago the humans where struggling to survive. But then they discovered crafting, with this new ability they could break stone with pickaxes and break trees and soil faster, seeds now had a use, and they could build with much more material, and they could now fight back. A few years later they thought of making tools out of iron. They found a strange blue ore known as diamond, and a few years later they realize they could make stuff out of diamonds. Years later redstone contraptions are invented. Now we enter the age of magic. The humans discover golems, enchanted, brewing, and more. Structures are built. The illagers are exiled form the villagers due to being too violent. Now living in woodland mansions and outposts, Planning their text attack on the villagers. But lets ignore that and talk about the nether and end. The nether is the minecraft equivalent of hell. all souls being trapped permanently in soul sand or living on as various monsters. The end used to be the minecraft equivalent of heaven but then it was taken over by the ender dragon. All people being turned into endermen. Meanwhile in the nether, the piglins and wither skeletons are at war. The wither skeletons create a extremely powerful super weapon known as the wither. Being even more powerful then it is in game at the time. After taking over the nether, they decide to take over the overworld. The humans have no chance against it. All humans being turned into either zombies or skeletons. The wither was sealed away and made less powerful. but the people who sealed away the wither where killed in the process. And now the player arrives in this post apocalyptic world. Starting your journey.

Last edited:
Haven't followed Minecraft super closely lately, but the newer updates are looking very interesting. I've heard about the Ocean, Nether, and the upcoming Cave updates and giving life to all those areas seems like it will make Minecraft a lot more interesting to play. I'm curious to see how much the cave update will add. The screenshots I have seen for it look promising.

But it's so inactive

It's fine to post on a thread no matter how old it is if anyone has new thoughts to add to the topic. We encourage posting on older threads for the same topic rather than creating new threads for it.

Back
Top Bottom