• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

FAQ for Common 1.3.1 Bugs: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

roothorick

Terrarian
Actually, that's very useful data. While I've seen no new reports in the current, literally none of our team ever got that bug, so it was a frustrating one to "pronounce fixed". We have to rely entirely on user reports, but they seem to be pointing in the right direction.

I'll probably update this list later today or this week. :)
Actually... I've got a theory for you: (old) Linux + Intel graphics.

First setting up on my laptop (i5-3230M) and while resizing the window on the main menu I got a momentary flash that, obviously I couldn't catch details, but it looked remarkably similar to the "texture streak" screenshot. It was there for only a split second, BUT, on my laptop I'm running very fresh Mesa drivers out of a PPA (because I'm developing some stuff that leans on Vulkan and want a more mature/complete implementation). It's possible the stock Ubuntu drivers, or something even older, had problems that made the artifact persist onscreen. Other games have had issues with Intel graphics that seemed to be tied to corrupted textures.

Spin up Ubuntu 14.04 on a system relying on Intel ondie and see how the game behaves there.

RankLord

Terrarian
When wearing the Lamia tail, boot textures such as Hermes Boots or Frostpark boots will appear on top of the tail, with the textures merged.

Cream Bun

Terrarian
I just found this after trying to figure out why a logic build i was doing with my bro wasn't working as intended.
The bug is the NOR logic gate doesn't output by default(more specifically when an off lamp above it is not provided with an active switch signal the NOR gate doesn't output an active signal; thus the NOR gate is acting as a OR gate atm instead of a NOR gate)

Idk if its been mentioned before but i just saw a slime containing a Phoenix Blaster. I was playing with my friend in MP when it started to rain slime as king slime was about to spawn and first we saw a blu slime containing something weird and we killed it to see whats inside and it turned out to be a blaster. IDK what is the chance for this to happen or if this is a bug of some sort just thought id ask if anyone knows anything about that happening

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
The "Water Physics ceasing to function" issue happened to me yesterday when I was playing, the bug happened when a huge chunk of water was falling through a 2 width tunnel to a lava pool, when I were building an hellevator. I had to reload the world to settle the water and fix the issue.

OL

Terrarian
Hi, i don't know if it's a bug or a technical problem. I've played plenty of time on terraria and one day, my main character (in the yellow box on the image) and main world (purple box) got clean (like a new character with no amor, 100 hp and 20 mana). Moreover, I can't select the character and I notice that he has no name (in the red box). When I select the world, the game crash. We can see also that the world is a unknow world (underline in yellow).

I don't have enough detemination to restart all over again...
terrariaBugCharacter.png
terrariaBugWorld.png

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Looks like both your world and character were corrupted, for some reason. And possibly no backup found?

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I didn't make backup, screw me...if I didn't make backup, is there a way to clean files ?
Actually, Terraria itself should have made a backup of your character and world, is the .bak file on your world and save folder.
You could try checking your saves folder to see if there is a .bak file of your character/world that is having problems to load. If there is, just delete the problematic file, then rename the .bak file to the name of the file you deleted, and then see if it will load in-game.

If doesn't works, you have either to recreate your character, be it by replaying the entire game or using a save editor, and will have to create a new world to play on, because world is far more complicated to recreate.

Top Bottom