tModLoader Fargo's Mods

Any hints for dungeon guardian? If I am trying to fight in open, it despawns immediately when off-screen and spews around too much one-shotting crap to be killed up close. And attempts to use teleporters are punished by instant death from god eater debuff.

Also, notes from experience with the last version:
New config menu is much worse, since accessing it and finding anything takes a lot of time.
Supersonic soul is still very inconvenient. When it is on any degree of precise movements is impossible, and disabling it disables any effect of speed accessories, meaning that it is still a good idea to have frostspark boots on swap..
Painting for necro enchantment is very rare, it can take searching dungeons of dozens of large worlds to find one (843039727 small expert corruption).
Orichalcum fireballs are bugged when fighting Planterra - they keep spawning more and more.
I swear you're the only other person I've found who has had issues with the Supersonic Soul. Does anybody else have this problem?

Ive seen other people have this problem but always the answer is just "move faster" or "dodge it" when its physically impossible. the death laser from WOF is locking onto me making it literally undodgeable. what am I supposed to do in the fight against a lock on ability that oneshots me?

This Mod is cool and all but it has one problem

If you use revengeance mode on calamity with eternal mode it will be nearly impossible to beat bosses at that state.
Example: Eoc charges at the player once they are at specific health at revengeance
while eoc goes behind the player when they are at a specific health
meaning it makes it complicated and hard
Try and at least nerf the bosses as it just makes it super hard
I made it all the way past the Moon Lord on Revengeance+Eternal. It's definitely hard, but also doable. One big piece of advice is don't be afraid to do bosses out of order - in general, the Calamity bosses are much easier than the vanilla bosses in this mode, and can get you better gear. Also don't be afraid to use fishing to sequence break - you can have molten or meteor armor without needing to fight a single boss, and the Empress weapon you can fish up in the Sunken Sea will absolutely devastate both the Desert Scourge and the Eater of Worlds.

EoC is a major wall, though. All you can really do is practice, practice, practice and have a good arena.

Ive seen other people have this problem but always the answer is just "move faster" or "dodge it" when its physically impossible. the death laser from WOF is locking onto me making it literally undodgeable. what am I supposed to do in the fight against a lock on ability that oneshots me?
When I tried this, WoF's death laser had two stages - a thin beam that doesn't do anything, and then a thick beam that absolutely destroys you. Once the thin beam fires, the thick beam will always fire at the same angle.

My strategy was to have three rows of platforms and - counter intuitively - stay as close as possible to WoF. As soon as I saw the thin beam, I'd switch from the bottom platform to the top (or vice versa) and speed up slightly. That would evade the beam. The farther away you are from the wall the harder it is to dodge the beam, though, and past a certain point it's almost impossible. Unlike vanilla WoF, for Eternal WoF you want to be right up in its face.

Also remember that WoF alternates which eye fires the beam. If the lower eye is firing next, you want to start on the top platform and dodge to the bottom. If the upper eye is going to fire, you want to be on the bottom platform and dodge to the top.

Definitely the most important thing for WoF though is to focus everything on avoiding that beam. He barely has any other attacks and what he does have is a joke, but that beam will absolutely ruin you if it even clips you. You have plenty of time to beat him (assuming you are using the easily available obsidian platform bombs), so take it slow and focus everything on learning the timing of the beam and not getting hit.

If all else fails, drinking a Gravity Potion should make you immune to Flipped, which makes the beam much less deadly.

Last edited:
I made it all the way past the Moon Lord on Revengeance+Eternal. It's definitely hard, but also doable. One big piece of advice is don't be afraid to do bosses out of order - in general, the Calamity bosses are much easier than the vanilla bosses in this mode, and can get you better gear. Also don't be afraid to use fishing to sequence break - you can have molten or meteor armor without needing to fight a single boss, and the Empress weapon you can fish up in the Sunken Sea will absolutely devastate both the Desert Scourge and the Eater of Worlds.

EoC is a major wall, though. All you can really do is practice, practice, practice and have a good arena.

When I tried this, WoF's death laser had two stages - a thin beam that doesn't do anything, and then a thick beam that absolutely destroys you. Once the thin beam fires, the thick beam will always fire at the same angle.

My strategy was to have three rows of platforms and - counter intuitively - stay as close as possible to WoF. As soon as I saw the thin beam, I'd switch from the bottom platform to the top (or vice versa) and speed up slightly. That would evade the beam. The farther away you are from the wall the harder it is to dodge the beam, though, and past a certain point it's almost impossible. Unlike vanilla WoF, for Eternal WoF you want to be right up in its face.

Also remember that WoF alternates which eye fires the beam. If the lower eye is firing next, you want to start on the top platform and dodge to the bottom. If the upper eye is going to fire, you want to be on the bottom platform and dodge to the top.

Definitely the most important thing for WoF though is to focus everything on avoiding that beam. He barely has any other attacks and what he does have is a joke, but that beam will absolutely ruin you if it even clips you. You have plenty of time to beat him (assuming you are using the easily available obsidian platform bombs), so take it slow and focus everything on learning the timing of the beam and not getting hit.

If all else fails, drinking a Gravity Potion should make you immune to Flipped, which makes the beam much less deadly.
What he means by the death laser locking into him is that the laser literally follows you. No matter what platform or strategy you do, the laser will hit you 100% of the time. Dodging is not a problem for me, but if the laser is a sure hit all the time then there's no point of continuing.

That was definitely not my experience; I died every time that stupid laser hit me, so I never would have made it past WoF if I hadn't figured out how to dodge it reliably. I wonder if another mod you have is causing the laser to work differently?

It's possible Calamity is what's messing with the WoF. I've read several notes on the Fargo discord that warn it doesn't play nice with Eternity Mode, due to its own changes to boss AI.

disable levelled

Ive been trying to get a hold of coin gun for a while now, trying the overloaded pirate map but never once. Then i saw this update log saying coin gun can be crafted with the banners. The problem now is, what banner is used. Is it the pirate captain banner or smthn

So like the mod isn't working right now for me, the mod says it was built for tmodloader 0.11.6 and that im using 0.11.7 (which i am). So is the mod just not updated yet ot is it something else? I downloaded it off of mod browser along with all my other mods but only this one has a problem so i don't think it was an installation error.
edit:replaced the mod with one i downloaded from javid.ddns and it seems to work

Last edited:
This mod, along with Fargo's Souls mod is by far one of my favorite mod combos. The only thing I don't like is the fact that gravity gets reversed in the underground hallowed, without that heart thing equipped. Damn good mods, though. Man, I can't wait to see what Fargo does with 1.4!

Hey Fargo, just wanted to say, your mods are absolutely killer. I've been doing a mashup playthrough of your Eternity mode and Calamity's Revengeance, and I'm getting absolutely owned by the Deviant lol. Would you happen to have any tips for accessories or weapons for the fight?

Hey Fargo, just wanted to say, your mods are absolutely killer. I've been doing a mashup playthrough of your Eternity mode and Calamity's Revengeance, and I'm getting absolutely owned by the Deviant lol. Would you happen to have any tips for accessories or weapons for the fight?
Nymph's perfume, Gladiator Enchant, Agitating Lens, Iron Enchantment, Bundle of Balloons all good for her

I actually like that devs like this are waiting until 1.4 tMod is out. It gives them a chance to really make some cool changes, and implement some things that are 1.4 specific. The future of modding Terraria looks awesome!

Back
Top Bottom