tModLoader Fargo's Mods

Why is the gladiator enchantement not included in the soul of terraria? Its the only enchantment (that I know of) that's not a material.

Is there any way to limit the speed of Supersonic Soul, because it goes too fast too quickly. I don't want to go 4000 mph and zoom across the map in a second. But I also don't want to disable "Supersonic Speed" because I go slower than I did when I had Elysian Tracer's something that the recipe required which the only reason I'm making the souls is to give me interesting effects and get rid of accessory space.

I just don't see how beneficial it is, that you're instantly all over the map if there's no speed control, I can't even have it active if I want to talk to a specific npc, because if I push the button left or right (the A or D key) too fast I zoom way too fast.

Is it supposed to make you cross the map in seconds, because outside of that purpose, the supersonic soul seems more detrimental than beneficial, unless somehow there was a way to control the speed, so you can push the (A or D) key without traveling so fast the only thing that can stop you is a block (most of the time).

Or is perhaps my game is bugged/glitched and its not supposed to ramp up your speed to thousands MPH (game's speedometer) in seconds.

Edit

So I'm not the only one with this problem.

You can toggle super speed on and off. Just set a hotkey to the toggle UI in settings - controls.

Yeah but testing shows that it takes too long to build up speed though. The Elysian tracers were definitely faster even if the supersonic soul could reach faster speeds overall, it still seems like it takes too long.

A way to minimize or maximize the speed would be extremely useful for the supersonic soul. Sometimes going fast would be amazing, other times, going reasonably fast but not too fast would be helpful.

Last edited:
there isn't... I would suggest to Fargo to add another setting in the in game controls that determines your top speed based on a percentage using a simple up and down slider where if the slider is all the way up, you are able to go as fast as whatever your accessories allow, and if you bring the bar all the way down, you are unable to move any faster than a brand new character

The Options menu has some bug to it that sometimes prevents toggling different aspects of the souls, when in full screen mode.

Is there no way to disable the no enemy spawn effect of worldshaper/soul of dimension, I'm confused as to why that's not an option you can toggle, or if there is where is it, because I do want the effect of all the souls but I do want to control if I get spawns or not.

Edit: Never mind got to testing, and making the item hidden is what turns off (no spawn), whew was a little worried there.

Last edited:
Why is the gladiator enchantement not included in the soul of terraria? Its the only enchantment (that I know of) that's not a material.
once I add the rest of the enchantments they will go into things
[doublepost=1517108219,1517108200][/doublepost]
Is there any way to limit the speed of Supersonic Soul, because it goes too fast too quickly. I don't want to go 4000 mph and zoom across the map in a second. But I also don't want to disable "Supersonic Speed" because I go slower than I did when I had Elysian Tracer's something that the recipe required which the only reason I'm making the souls is to give me interesting effects and get rid of accessory space.

I just don't see how beneficial it is, that you're instantly all over the map if there's no speed control, I can't even have it active if I want to talk to a specific npc, because if I push the button left or right (the A or D key) too fast I zoom way too fast.

Is it supposed to make you cross the map in seconds, because outside of that purpose, the supersonic soul seems more detrimental than beneficial, unless somehow there was a way to control the speed, so you can push the (A or D) key without traveling so fast the only thing that can stop you is a block (most of the time).

Or is perhaps my game is bugged/glitched and its not supposed to ramp up your speed to thousands MPH (game's speedometer) in seconds.

Edit

So I'm not the only one with this problem.

Yeah but testing shows that it takes too long to build up speed though. The Elysian tracers were definitely faster even if the supersonic soul could reach faster speeds overall, it still seems like it takes too long.

A way to minimize or maximize the speed would be extremely useful for the supersonic soul. Sometimes going fast would be amazing, other times, going reasonably fast but not too fast would be helpful.
its on the long todo list of things to fix
[doublepost=1517108238][/doublepost]NEW UPDATE - v.14.5
-Imported the Masochist Mod into this one
-Added Top Hat Squirrels, The Mutant's Gift
-Battle Cry has a sprite!
-Iron Enchantment new sprite!
-Penetrator is only obtainable from a Moon Lord swarm like intended
-removed Master Ninja Gear from Olympian Soul recipe
-for Calamity: added all exo items to universe soul and removed them and materials from class souls

I'm sure you've answered this question previously, but I'm not going to rummage through 100+ pages to find the answer. Do you have a system so I can add my own items to the essence/soul recipes? Additionally, the gladiator's essence splitting function does not work on my throwing weapons.

Since this mod seems to be expanding into other NPCs, I've had an idea for an NPC for some time that I think would fit well. I always like to collect banners and any way to make it more rewarding would be a fun addition.

I suggest adding a "Found Girl" NPC.
- Looks like the lost girl
- Unlocked by killing a certain amount of Nymphs (maybe 5?)... or just by earning 10 or so banners.
- Allows you to view enemy kill counts
- Gives you rewards based on banners you have earned. Some based on total amount of banners and some really special rewards based on rare banners like the nymph banner.

I have seen other banner collection mods but none that implement it smoothly into to game and give you fun rewards.

Thanks for this mod. The NPCs you've added are very useful.

Since this mod seems to be expanding into other NPCs, I've had an idea for an NPC for some time that I think would fit well. I always like to collect banners and any way to make it more rewarding would be a fun addition.

- Unlocked by killing a certain amount of Nymphs (maybe 5?)... or just by earning 10 or so banners.
- Gives you rewards based on banners you have earned. Some based on total amount of banners and some really special rewards based on rare banners like the nymph banner.

I have seen other banner collection mods but none that implement it smoothly into to game and give you fun rewards.

Great idea!
Could one of the rewards be a Lost Girl summoning weapon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?

Great idea!
Could one of the rewards be a Lost Girl summoning weapon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?

That sounds really good. If you earn a Nymph banner, she could reward you with a Nymph summoning weapon. It would have to be pretty powerful to make all the grinding worth it so maybe only given on hardmode even though the nymph can be found pre-hardmode... or it could be upgradeable to make it a useful item for the entire game.

I'm sure you've answered this question previously, but I'm not going to rummage through 100+ pages to find the answer. Do you have a system so I can add my own items to the essence/soul recipes? Additionally, the gladiator's essence splitting function does not work on my throwing weapons.
there is no such system just me lol

and gladiator enchantment should work on everything with projectile.thrown in it
[doublepost=1517905292,1517905225][/doublepost]

sounds prettty niceeee
what kind of rewards you thinking?

there is no such system just me lol

and gladiator enchantment should work on everything with projectile.thrown in it
[doublepost=1517905292,1517905225][/doublepost]
sounds prettty niceeee
Well we already talked about a Lost Girl summoning weapon. Having an army of those would be pretty funny :p Other monsters that could be summoned could be Ice Golems, Sand Elementals, Poltergeists, and Yetis. Getting Hellhound banner from Pumpkin moon, could unlock a Hellhound mount.

this sounds like a great way to add a summon weapon or mount for every mob with a banner... now of course... that would be difficult to code, but well worth it if you ask me, anyways, some banners wouldn't do anything such as most slimes since we have both a slime mount and summon, but if a stronger and pinker version of each were added, that would work well, one of them could be obtained by a pinky banner, and the other is obtained by getting 5 different banner types
(i.e.: Green, Blue, Ice, Sand, Red, Etc.)

you, sir, have just satisfied a wish I always had ever since started playing Terraria (that is 1 year ago):befriending the Nymph! And giving banners a greater meaning in the grand scheme of things too! And summoning other monsters as well! This is truly a suggestion and a half!
By the way, another way of unlocking it could be just using some Purification Powder on a Nymph like with the Tortured Soul since, you know, 1% chance of spawning...Just a heads up tho

sounds prettty niceeee

Thanks. First, we would need to decide what would earn a reward and then fill in all the blanks with reward ideas. I took a look at the banner section on the Terraria wiki. There are 258 banners total broken down as follows:

Pre-Hardmode: (87 total)
- General List: 64 banners
- Slime varients: 16 banners
- Critters: 7 banners

Hardmode: (80 total)
- General List: 73 banners
- Slime varients: 7 banners

Events: (91 total)
- Sandstorm: 6 banners
- Goblin Army: 6 banners
- Old One's Army: 10 banners
- Pirate invasion: 6 banners
- Solar Eclipse: 14 banners
- Frost Legion: 3 banners
- Martian Madness: 11 banners
- Pumpkin Moon: 5 banners
- Frost Moon: 9 banners
- Lunar Events: 21 banners

Based on this, I would add rewards for the collecting each of the following:
(rewards in green)

- All 258 banners: The Unification Catalyst (material that is the final ingredient to a very useful accessory that is the result of merging several accessories earned through Found Girl rewards)
- All 87 Pre-Hardmode banners:
- All 80 Hardmode banners:
- All 91 Event banners:
- All 23 Slime banners:
- All 7 Critter banners:
- All 6 Sandstorm banners:
- All 6 Goblin Army banners:
- All 10 Old One's Army banners:
- All 6 Pirate Invasion banners:
- All 14 Solar Eclipse banners:
- All 3 Frost Legion banners:
- All 11 Martian Madness banners: Martian laser cannon (end game laser)
- All 5 Pumpkin Moon banners: Halloween Sigil (reusable: sets game time to the Halloween seasonal event, use again to turn off and canceled out by Christmas Sigil) Thorium already did it
- All 9 Frost Moon banners: Christmas Sigil (reusable: sets game time to the Christmas seasonal event, use again to turn off and canceled out by Halloween Sigil) Thorium already did it
- All 21 Lunar Event banners:
- Nymph banner: Nymph Summon Staff (great idea by Horrior)
- Pinky banner:
- Doctor Bones banner:
- Tim banner:
- The Groom banner: The Bride banner (there isn't one in Terraria)
- Mimic banner: Mimic Summon Staff
- Rainbow Slime banner:
- Paladin banner: Paladin Armor set (very high defense armor the debuffs your speed. Set bonus: chance to reflect enemy projectiles - idea by Horrior)
- Wyvern banner: Wyvern Tail (accessory that significantly increases wings flight time)

If you want more rewards additional groups could be added such as: Dungeon enemies, Rain enemies, and Biome specific enemy collections.

Some banners are a part of more than one reward.

I usually create the missing corrupt or crimson biome in my world but some people may find that tedious so maybe just one set of enemies could be required for group rewards.

I'll try to think of some more. Also, some really good ideas have all ready been suggested so maybe some forum members here can help fill in some of the rewards...

you, sir, have just satisfied a wish I always had ever since started playing Terraria (that is 1 year ago):befriending the Nymph! And giving banners a greater meaning in the grand scheme of things too! And summoning other monsters as well! This is truly a suggestion and a half!
By the way, another way of unlocking it could be just using some Purification Powder on a Nymph like with the Tortured Soul since, you know, 1% chance of spawning...Just a heads up tho

Thanks. I'm glad you like the idea. If it happens though you will have to thank Fargowilta because I could barely figure out how to multi-quote, let alone actually mod something into the game :)

Using Purification Powder is a really good idea. It's a way more fun way to unlock the NPC.

Last edited:
Thanks. First, we would need to decide what would earn a reward and then fill in all the blanks with reward ideas. I took a look at the banner section on the Terraria wiki. There are 258 banners total broken down as follows:

Pre-Hardmode: (87 total)
- General List: 64 banners
- Slime varients: 16 banners
- Critters: 7 banners

Hardmode: (80 total)
- General List: 73 banners
- Slime varients: 7 banners

Events: (91 total)
- Sandstorm: 6 banners
- Goblin Army: 6 banners
- Old One's Army: 10 banners
- Pirate invasion: 6 banners
- Solar Eclipse: 14 banners
- Frost Legion: 3 banners
- Martian Madness: 11 banners
- Pumpkin Moon: 5 banners
- Frost Moon: 9 banners
- Lunar Events: 21 banners

Based on this, I would add rewards for the collecting each of the following:
(rewards in green)

- All 258 banners:
- All 87 Pre-Hardmode banners:
- All 80 Hardmode banners:
- All 91 Event banners:
- All 23 Slime banners:
- All 7 Critter banners:
- All 6 Sandstorm banners:
- All 6 Goblin Army banners:
- All 10 Old One's Army banners:
- All 6 Pirate Invasion banners:
- All 14 Solar Eclipse banners:
- All 3 Frost Legion banners:
- All 11 Martian Madness banners: Martian laser cannon (end game laser)
- All 5 Pumpkin Moon banners: Halloween Sigil (reusable: sets game time to the Halloween seasonal event, use again to turn off and canceled out by Christmas Sigil)
- All 9 Frost Moon banners: Christmas Sigil (reusable: sets game time to the Christmas seasonal event, use again to turn off and canceled out by Halloween Sigil)
- All 21 Lunar Event banners:
- Nymph banner: Nymph Summon Staff (great idea by Horrior)
- Pinky banner:
- Doctor Bones banner:
- Tim banner:
- The Groom banner: The Bride banner (there isn't one in Terraria)
- Mimic banner: Mimic Summon Staff
- Rainbow Slime banner:

If you want more rewards additional groups could be added such as: Dungeon enemies, Rain enemies, and Biome specific enemy collections.

Some banners are a part of more than one reward.

I usually create the missing corrupt or crimson biome in my world but some people may find that tedious so maybe just one set of enemies could be required for group rewards.

I'll try to think of some more. Also, some really good ideas have all ready been suggested so maybe some forum members here can help fill in some of the rewards...

Thanks. I'm glad you like the idea. If it happens though you will have to thank Fargowilta because I could barely figure out how to multi-quote, let alone actually mod something into the game :)

Using Purification Powder is a really good idea. It's a way more fun way to unlock the NPC.

How about Paladin armor set with some crazy high defense, damage reduction, and melee damage, but slow movement speed, for getting the paladin banner?
Edit: It could also have reduced melee speed, which would be a blessing, since my melee speed is getting to a point, where melee weapons no longer work.

Also we need a reward for the Wyvern banner.

Back
Top Bottom