tModLoader Fargo's Mods

How about Paladin armor set with some crazy high defense, damage reduction, and melee damage, but slow movement speed, for getting the paladin banner?
Edit: It could also have reduced melee speed, which would be a blessing, since my melee speed is getting to a point, where melee weapons no longer work.

Also we need a reward for the Wyvern banner.

Good idea, I added it to the list.

Good idea, I added it to the list.
Actually I would like you to add set bonus to that armor, that it has a chance to reflect enemy projectiles, similar to the Hallowed Enchantment.
I talked with Fargo about adding another item that had the same effect, to increase the chances of it happening.
Another weapon or accessory, that works the same way, could be unlocked through the Selenian banner.

- All 5 Pumpkin Moon banners: Halloween Sigil (reusable: sets game time to the Halloween seasonal event, use again to turn off and canceled out by Christmas Sigil)
- All 9 Frost Moon banners: Christmas Sigil (reusable: sets game time to the Christmas seasonal event, use again to turn off and canceled out by Halloween Sigil)
Both of these seem pretty lackluster given how easy it is to craft a similar item using a different mod such as, say, Thorium, which allows you to craft similar items as soon as your first blood moon after the Dryad moves in.

Both of these seem pretty lackluster given how easy it is to craft a similar item using a different mod such as, say, Thorium, which allows you to craft similar items as soon as your first blood moon after the Dryad moves in.

I was not aware of those Thorium items. For all I know, there could already be a mod that adds the Lost Girl as an NPC :) Thorium is a rather popular mod however so perhaps there is a better option for these rewards. Considering how easy it is to get these banners though, I don't think it should be too powerful. Maybe something cosmetic or just fun.

Last edited:
The Groom banner: The Bride banner (there isn't one in Terraria)

How about a Bride NPC instead? Or maybe getting the Bridge Banner allows Bride NPC to move in?

For Frostmoon and Pumpkin moon, I already suggested summon weapons for Yeti and Poltergeists, and a Hellhound mount. But on top of these, we could have Pumpking and Frost Queen NPCs, that move in and allow us to buy event drops directly from them. Though if this is too OP, maybe allow us to get two new monoliths, that allow us to make the area look like Frost and Pumpkin moon events.

Thanks. First, we would need to decide what would earn a reward and then fill in all the blanks with reward ideas. I took a look at the banner section on the Terraria wiki. There are 258 banners total broken down as follows:

Pre-Hardmode: (87 total)
- General List: 64 banners
- Slime varients: 16 banners
- Critters: 7 banners

Hardmode: (80 total)
- General List: 73 banners
- Slime varients: 7 banners

Events: (91 total)
- Sandstorm: 6 banners
- Goblin Army: 6 banners
- Old One's Army: 10 banners
- Pirate invasion: 6 banners
- Solar Eclipse: 14 banners
- Frost Legion: 3 banners
- Martian Madness: 11 banners
- Pumpkin Moon: 5 banners
- Frost Moon: 9 banners
- Lunar Events: 21 banners

Based on this, I would add rewards for the collecting each of the following:
(rewards in green)

- All 258 banners: The Unification Catalyst (material that is the final ingredient to a very useful accessory that is the result of merging several accessories earned through Found Girl rewards)
- All 87 Pre-Hardmode banners:
- All 80 Hardmode banners:
- All 91 Event banners:
- All 23 Slime banners:
- All 7 Critter banners:
- All 6 Sandstorm banners:
- All 6 Goblin Army banners:
- All 10 Old One's Army banners:
- All 6 Pirate Invasion banners:
- All 14 Solar Eclipse banners:
- All 3 Frost Legion banners:
- All 11 Martian Madness banners: Martian laser cannon (end game laser)
- All 5 Pumpkin Moon banners: Halloween Sigil (reusable: sets game time to the Halloween seasonal event, use again to turn off and canceled out by Christmas Sigil)
- All 9 Frost Moon banners: Christmas Sigil (reusable: sets game time to the Christmas seasonal event, use again to turn off and canceled out by Halloween Sigil)
- All 21 Lunar Event banners:
- Nymph banner: Nymph Summon Staff (great idea by Horrior)
- Pinky banner:
- Doctor Bones banner:
- Tim banner:
- The Groom banner: The Bride banner (there isn't one in Terraria)
- Mimic banner: Mimic Summon Staff
- Rainbow Slime banner:
- Paladin banner: Paladin Armor set (very high defense armor the debuffs your speed: idea by Horrior)
- Wyvern banner: Wyvern Tail (accessory that significantly increases flight time)

If you want more rewards additional groups could be added such as: Dungeon enemies, Rain enemies, and Biome specific enemy collections.

Some banners are a part of more than one reward.

I usually create the missing corrupt or crimson biome in my world but some people may find that tedious so maybe just one set of enemies could be required for group rewards.

I'll try to think of some more. Also, some really good ideas have all ready been suggested so maybe some forum members here can help fill in some of the rewards...
ok, now we are into something big... we're going into mass-fanbase involvement territory and I like it!
howewer, on the lunar banners topic, considering that the celestial towers are devided between the four major classes of the game I think that the banner rewards should be devided between them as well.
so I thought of four different trinkets that could be seen as supportive:
Nebula: Galactic concoction: reusable potion that gives a buff to the player which restores a portion of mana when a magic attach deals damage, the amount of mana restored varies on the amount of magic damage dealt;
Vortex: Vortexian Bullet Pouch: Provides an infinite amount of Vortexian Bullets, vortexian bullets create a little vortex on impact that deals multiple ticks of damage (and pulls in enemies like the Soul of the void vortex, if it isn't too OP/complex to make),counts as ammo of course;
Solar: Corite Shield: advanced version of the Shield of Chthulu that deals a good amount of damage with the dash(like a 100 or so),said dash covers a much longer distance and is not stopped when hitting an enemy, but does give immunity frames when hitting something;
Stardust: Star Stone: crafting material that combined with The Pigmy Necklace and Necromatic Scroll crafts the
Dying Nova Charm: Increases max minion number by 3 and increases minion damage by 20%; minion knockback is doubled; Minion attacks will also have a chance to generate homing Star Sparks that increase in power the more minions you can summon.

Feel free to rebalance, I'm not the best at making not broken item suggestions

Based on the recipe without Thorium, Calamity, or Elemental Unleashed installed, the Slinger’s Essence is the only one of the weapon accessories that requires an expert only item, the Bone Glove. I always play on expert worlds myself, but this might hinder those who play on normal worlds. Even on expert worlds, the Bone Glove is very easy to get and you'll probably have one lying around unless you skip entering the dungeon. So it doesn't even require some effort to get unlike the rest of the items in the recipe.
I was not aware of those Thorium items. For all I know, there could already be a mod that adds the Lost Girl as an NPC :) Thorium is a rather popular mod however so perhaps there is a better option for these rewards. Considering how easy it is to get these banners though, I don't think it should be too powerful. Maybe something cosmetic or just fun.
Actually, there is a mod that adds the Lost Girl as a NPC. You'll probably find it by typing in "Lost Girl" into the mod browser. You could find a Lost Girl who isn't a Nymph and have her move into a home. You could then talk to her and have her wear a copy of what you're wearing. It's quite different from the suggestions mentioned in the last few posts.

On the Rainbow Slime thing and Sandstorm event here is my two ideas:
Rainbow Slime Staff:
Summon a Rainbow Slime sentry to shoot rainbow gel that slow downs your enemies, pierces it and glow them

Forbidden Medallion:
Accesory: Increases movement speed by 20%, all weapons have special forbidden projectiles, you are immune to The Mighty Wind.

Melee: on swing your weapon you have chance to spawn a Basilisk that attack then disappears
Magic: using your weapon can inflict ichor on enemies and can appear a sandstorm
Range: using your weapon can shoot onyx blaster projectiles
Summon: minion attacks have a chance to call a sandstorm to damage your foes (1 second cooldown)

Actually, there is a mod that adds the Lost Girl as a NPC. You'll probably find it by typing in "Lost Girl" into the mod browser. You could find a Lost Girl who isn't a Nymph and have her move into a home. You could then talk to her and have her wear a copy of what you're wearing. It's quite different from the suggestions mentioned in the last few posts.
well, It doesn't have to be a nymph turned good, if we really wanted we could just make the nymph turn into a human with clothes and all of that. The Lost girl you talked about is a human who is lost, ours could be a Nymph that now is a human...If we really want to stick with the "befriending a Nymph" gimmick,that is

wow... I love how much people are jumping into the new NPC, I got to say it again, pink variants of the slime staff and slimy saddle would be awesome, though they would just be stronger versions of the same thing
one can be obtained from Pinky banner, and the other from a certain amount of unique slime banners
this has to be a thing, I don't care what anyone says

Question; is there a way to enable/disable using modded items in the souls?
For example, The Sponge (Calamity) would not be used for crafting the Colossus Soul
And if there is a way, is there any way for it to work easily with Multiplayer?

For example, The Sponge (Calamity) would not be used for crafting the Colossus Soul
You'll have to disable the mods. In particular, Thorium, Calamity, and Elemental Unleash. You can re-enable the mods after crafting the items. Modded items seem to replace some vanilla items in the recipes so disabling those mods will add those items back in. Then again, you can get vanilla items much sooner than the post Moon Lord Calamity items. Might be considered cheat-y, but it's up to you to decide.

A lot of interesting ideas are coming in for the "Found Girl" NPC. If Fargowilta is on board with this then we could be on to a really fun and popular addition to the mod.

Fargo, if you are interested in adding this NPC, what is a reasonable scope? Since I don't know much about modding, I don't know how much work would be involved in adding this content. About how many rewards would be reasonable and should they be mostly entirely new items or rewards involving existing Terraria items as well?

Um... what does masochist mode do? I can't seem to find any real info and I'd rather not play with masochist mode on without knowing what it does.

You don't seem to understand- I mean while the mods are still enabled, disable using said mods' items for the recipes.

You don't seem to understand- I mean while the mods are still enabled, disable using said mods' items for the recipes.
I'm sorry to say but As of now you will have to work to get said items, because right now, and there are no plans to change it, if you have the mods enabled you will not be allowed to substitute the items in the recipe's while they're enabled, while i personally have no problem going through the trouble getting the items i understand that some people don't want to go through all the hard work to get the items, that being said, i think the work is worth the reward.

I'm sorry to say but As of now you will have to work to get said items, because right now, and there are no plans to change it, if you have the mods enabled you will not be allowed to substitute the items in the recipe's while they're enabled, while i personally have no problem going through the trouble getting the items i understand that some people don't want to go through all the hard work to get the items, that being said, i think the work is worth the reward.
Unironically a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom