tModLoader Fargo's Mods

How do I go about using any of the boss summoning items multiple times? As it stands, when I use a single one from my inventory it consumes it like it's a vanilla summoning items.

Not a huge deal, since I can just get more, but most of the mods I have installed are the type to give me unlimited versions of things so I don't have to keep refilling them.

I'll probably just cheat myself a full stack of any of the items so it's functionally the same.

How do I go about using any of the boss summoning items multiple times? As it stands, when I use a single one from my inventory it consumes it like it's a vanilla summoning items.

Not a huge deal, since I can just get more, but most of the mods I have installed are the type to give me unlimited versions of things so I don't have to keep refilling them.

I'll probably just cheat myself a full stack of any of the items so it's functionally the same.
yea there are no infinite use summons in the mod, altho maybe that's an idea

yea there are no infinite use summons in the mod, altho maybe that's an idea

Ah, I just realised what you meant in the OP here, that's where the confusion came in:

"These are a few summoning items which are nearly identical to vanilla boss summons except they can be used over and over to spawn multiple bosses"

You mean that you can use multiple items to spawn multiple bosses simultaneously, correct? I interpreted that to mean that you get one items and can use it over and over to keep spawning bosses like an infinte version.

I do think that an endless version would be cool, like if you have 99 of a summoning item just combine them (and optionally a catalyst) and don't worry about stocking up on them any more, but it's not really necessary since money comes pretty easy and you can buy the summons anyway.

Ah, I just realised what you meant in the OP here, that's where the confusion came in:

"These are a few summoning items which are nearly identical to vanilla boss summons except they can be used over and over to spawn multiple bosses"

You mean that you can use multiple items to spawn multiple bosses simultaneously, correct? I interpreted that to mean that you get one items and can use it over and over to keep spawning bosses like an infinte version.

I do think that an endless version would be cool, like if you have 99 of a summoning item just combine them (and optionally a catalyst) and don't worry about stocking up on them any more, but it's not really necessary since money comes pretty easy and you can buy the summons anyway.

IIRC that's in Luiafk's mod. You combine 30 of most items and make them infinite.

IIRC that's in Luiafk's mod. You combine 30 of most items and make them infinite.
Yeah I am running both at the same time, which is almost certainly the main reason I thought the wording implied an infinte version, but it's all good, I figured out what was meant in the end. And since money is easy to obtain and the boss summons can be bought (I actually have multiple mods allowing this so I don't even have to remember exactly which merchant sells what coz so many of them sell a lot of summon items) after you get to a point of farming bosses, you essentially can have an unlimited amount since you earn more money from killing the boss than it costs to summon it.

not disappearing
yea i mean in next update
[doublepost=1543285239,1543285132][/doublepost]
Fargo, when do you plan your update? Wanted to play fargo + thorium but I see it's still not fixed :<
soon as it's done, but it's been so long I'm beginning to explode and will likely cave in and release whatever I have lol

There's like 2 main things I definitely want to get done, and then I'll be fine with releasing however there will be tons of placeholder sprites but oh well

yea i mean in next update
[doublepost=1543285239,1543285132][/doublepost]
soon as it's done, but it's been so long I'm beginning to explode and will likely cave in and release whatever I have lol

There's like 2 main things I definitely want to get done, and then I'll be fine with releasing however there will be tons of placeholder sprites but oh well
The current version still has heaps of placeholders. Don't worry about it, most of us are used to it by now.

So I noticed this in the OP:

"-press the Grappling hook key to teleport with Rod of discord in your inventory"

Doesn't seem to work for me. Is this a misprint and it only works with it upgraded into the soul (or whatever it goes into, can't remember right now) or is just not in the current version, or am I missing a hotkey somewhere?

how to get rid of that :red:y corrupt slime spam? it ruins my gameplay. do you think everyone has enough RAM to enjoy that? 10K slimes? What kind of joke is this? good for me i have 32 gigs of ram

how to get rid of that :red:y corrupt slime spam? it ruins my gameplay. do you think everyone has enough RAM to enjoy that? 10K slimes? What kind of joke is this? good for me i have 32 gigs of ram
No idea what you’re talking about here
[doublepost=1543581779,1543581754][/doublepost]
So I noticed this in the OP:

"-press the Grappling hook key to teleport with Rod of discord in your inventory"

Doesn't seem to work for me. Is this a misprint and it only works with it upgraded into the soul (or whatever it goes into, can't remember right now) or is just not in the current version, or am I missing a hotkey somewhere?
It will be in the next version

It will be in the next version

Heh, already upgraded since asking, but good to know for my eventual restart.

3 things I'd like to request if they're not already coming.

1. Remember my choices when I toggle things off. It really discourages me from playing for less than a couple of hours at a time to have to toggle all the pets and passives that I don't want off every time I log back in. (Unless there's something I'm missing in this version that already allows this).

2. Super speed is much too fast for most situations, but toggling it off makes your acceleration pretty :red:, while your top speed is high enough that you get stopped on slopes and one block steps, I'd love a small increase to acceleration, and probably a small top speed decrease but that's easier to control by just letting off on the controls for a second.

3. A way to turn off the dashing. I'm someone who taps multiple times to make small adjustments in my positioning and double tap to dash is a huge hindrance to me, I find myself accidentally dashing in so many circumstances often putting me in places I don't want to be with these huge dash distances and the dashing through walls going on. Better than being able to turn them off would be getting a hotkey to dash instead of double tapping, but I'll settle for turning them off when I don't want them.

Heh, already upgraded since asking, but good to know for my eventual restart.

3 things I'd like to request if they're not already coming.

1. Remember my choices when I toggle things off. It really discourages me from playing for less than a couple of hours at a time to have to toggle all the pets and passives that I don't want off every time I log back in. (Unless there's something I'm missing in this version that already allows this).

2. Super speed is much too fast for most situations, but toggling it off makes your acceleration pretty :red:, while your top speed is high enough that you get stopped on slopes and one block steps, I'd love a small increase to acceleration, and probably a small top speed decrease but that's easier to control by just letting off on the controls for a second.

3. A way to turn off the dashing. I'm someone who taps multiple times to make small adjustments in my positioning and double tap to dash is a huge hindrance to me, I find myself accidentally dashing in so many circumstances often putting me in places I don't want to be with these huge dash distances and the dashing through walls going on. Better than being able to turn them off would be getting a hotkey to dash instead of double tapping, but I'll settle for turning them off when I don't want them.
Well 1 and 2 are all set and I can definitely just add another toggle for dash

https://imgur.com/a/9ZgJzt7

Essences have no recipe bug? But only Occultist's essence has no effect.
Yeah apparently Thorium removed a few items that were needed in the recipe's so they bugged out and let you craft them for free. It's fixed in the next update, and for now it's up to you to just not craft them till you've earned them if you don't want to cheat.

I presume the recipe for the Supersonic Soul will be updated too, since Thorium made Spiked Stompers unavailable without actually removing the item, rendering it impossible to craft without cheating them in.

Back
Top Bottom