tModLoader Fargo's Mods

My mod list is pretty nuts, in all honesty, but I use the most up-to-date version of tMod Loader 64 bits. Again, everything else works absolutely fine and dandy, and there is no such thing as any lag or crash with the aforementioned exception.

Wing Slot
Terramon
WeaponOut
JoJoStands
JoJoStands: Sounds
HERO's Mod
Begone, Evil!
Cheat Sheet
PINKYMOD
Extra Gunslinger Gear
imkSushi's Mod
Builder's Toolbox
More Dialogue
Terra's Wing Compilation (UPDATED)
Fargo's Mutant Mod
Fargo's Souls Mod
The Metroid Mod
NExperience Mod
Boss Checklist
Yet Another Boss Health Bar
Nightmares Unleashed
Even More Modifiers
The Shapeshifter
Prefixes+
Regen from Bosses
Unleveled Mod
Various Weathers
Calamity Weapons Unleashed
Simple Horses!
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Survivaria - A Survival Mod
Wildlife Mod
Which Mod Is This From? (WMITF)
Boss Expertise
Shadows of Abaddon
Fluid Library
Mystic Lands Reborn
Elements Awoken
Elements Awoken Music
Consolarioa
Ultranium
Fargo's Music Mod
Archery Overhaul
Calamity Mod Music
Better Mana Regeneration
Mana Fruit Mod
Esper Class
Halfborn
Thorium
Magnumiactus
Dynascape
Calamity Mod (No Calamity Music)
Calamity's Vanities
Fargo's Soul Mod DLC
Mystic Hunter
Qwerty's Bosses and Items
Starter Classes
Subworld Library
Universal Throwing
Idglib
Dragon Ball Terraria
Terraria Overhaul
What. The. Actual. Hekk

Just disable some of the content mods one by one till it works (I'm susing overhaul)

What. The. Actual. Hekk

Just disable some of the content mods one by one till it works (I'm susing overhaul)

About the reaction I expected. XD

Are you using Steam's version of tMod Loader? Because I assure you, if you use the 64 bits one, this is actually not that crazy. I used even more mods before, and only reason I took them off wasn't because stuff wasn't working... it was because there were too many events happening all the time.

That being said, you really think Overhaul has anything to do with this? ...It literally changes gameplay, not accessories. Your reaction to blame 'too many mods' is understandable at first glance, but don't you think more things than a single item would not be working if that was the problem?

Isn't it much more likely that - given the complexity of the recipe and how Fargo's mod is connected to four different other mods - the chance is more likely to have to do with the item itself, or its functionality, like how an update to any of them could mess it up?

About the reaction I expected. XD

Are you using Steam's version of tMod Loader? Because I assure you, if you use the 64 bits one, this is actually not that crazy. I used even more mods before, and only reason I took them off wasn't because stuff wasn't working... it was because there were too many events happening all the time.

That being said, you really think Overhaul has anything to do with this? ...It literally changes gameplay, not accessories. Your reaction to blame 'too many mods' is understandable at first glance, but don't you think more things than a single item would not be working if that was the problem?

Isn't it much more likely that - given the complexity of the recipe and how Fargo's mod is connected to four different other mods - the chance is more likely to have to do with the item itself, or its functionality, like how an update to any of them could mess it up?
Ok, I guess... then I can't help you
sry then

Thanks for trying either way. Doesn't mean you didn't help, however. This discussion made me realize that if the problem is with one of the other linked mods, I can try disabling them and spawning the item to see if it crashes. With some luck I can further isolate the problem to the link between Fargo's mod and one of the others, so that could help.

Doing that will take a while to test all the possibilities, so I'll likely return later.

...That... is very odd. Looks like my problem solved itself for no reason.

I had created a secondary character in a small throaway world in order to have fun testing the Soul of Eternity, which is when it would crash every time I so much as put it in my inventory. But when I created it in my main character in the actual world I intend to play in for the the sake of trying, it... worked. Fine. Perfectly well, no crash.

So... whatever was the problem when it crashed with that other character, it seems it won't be an issue with my actual character, so I will be able to make that attempted eventual crafting of the Legendary Accessory of OPness. Making my issue a non-issue after all. Huh.

Well, carry on. Thanks for the mod, and CursedSilver, thanks again for the assistance.

EDIT: Turns out, for some reason, if I equip the Soul of Eternity, then save and exit, and then return, it can then be safely stored away or put in inventory or re-equipped without crash. Weird still, but I can live with that. XD

Last edited:
I dunno what happened, or why, but I recently encountered a problem where the Insta-house fails to activate. It puts down an invisible block, and then nothing. I can stand on the block, and I can mine it, but I get nothing back from it. It feels like a waste to even make them, if nothing happens when I use them.

Interesting little discovery:

I was using Scooterboots' wonderful gem 'The Metroid Mod', and was having an issue with that mod where equipping a certain item made the game instantly crash, kind of what was happening with Fargo's Mod when I tried putting the Soul of Eternity down in my inventory.

Turned out, Scooterboot did some testing, and discovered Terraria Overhaul to be the issue. Now I love Overhaul to bits, don't get me wrong, but the Metroid Mod is amazing and I really wanted to try it out. Plus, I ultimately prefer additional content over general improvements. So I decided to take off Overhaul and put in the Metroid Mod. Sure enough, my problem there was fixed and all worked as intended.

Then I recalled my problem with Fargo's Soul of Eternity, and I found myself wondering. What if...?

Sure enough, I spawned the Soul with HERO's mod, put it in my inventory, and... no crash, everything is fine and dandy.

So piece of advice. If you have no issue and you use Overhaul, then be my guest, it's an awesome mod which deserves all the respect it gets. If you do have problems of some kind, try removing it. It fixed every little thing that was wrong for me.

Cheers!

IMG_20210120_211656.jpg

Is there any way I can fix this?

Last edited:
Interesting little discovery:

I was using Scooterboots' wonderful gem 'The Metroid Mod', and was having an issue with that mod where equipping a certain item made the game instantly crash, kind of what was happening with Fargo's Mod when I tried putting the Soul of Eternity down in my inventory.

Turned out, Scooterboot did some testing, and discovered Terraria Overhaul to be the issue. Now I love Overhaul to bits, don't get me wrong, but the Metroid Mod is amazing and I really wanted to try it out. Plus, I ultimately prefer additional content over general improvements. So I decided to take off Overhaul and put in the Metroid Mod. Sure enough, my problem there was fixed and all worked as intended.

Then I recalled my problem with Fargo's Soul of Eternity, and I found myself wondering. What if...?

Sure enough, I spawned the Soul with HERO's mod, put it in my inventory, and... no crash, everything is fine and dandy.

So piece of advice. If you have no issue and you use Overhaul, then be my guest, it's an awesome mod which deserves all the respect it gets. If you do have problems of some kind, try removing it. It fixed every little thing that was wrong for me.

Cheers!
Noted. We'll investigate further, as I doubt a mod like Overhaul would be the sole cause of an issue like this.
My best guess is, since it's triggered just by putting it in your inventory, it's actually an issue with tooltip shaders.

View attachment 305034
Is there any way I can fix this?
Go to your ModLoader folder in MyGames\Terraria, open config.json, enable support4k, and disable support8k.

I can't play Masochist Mode EX,it remind me fargowilts is 0.11.7.8 but tml is 0.11.8
This isn't the actual issue, please reply to this message with a full screenshot of the entire error window.

I dunno what happened, or why, but I recently encountered a problem where the Insta-house fails to activate. It puts down an invisible block, and then nothing. I can stand on the block, and I can mine it, but I get nothing back from it. It feels like a waste to even make them, if nothing happens when I use them.
Are you using Block Swap? If so: disable it.

Noted. We'll investigate further, as I doubt a mod like Overhaul would be the sole cause of an issue like this.
My best guess is, since it's triggered just by putting it in your inventory, it's actually an issue with tooltip shaders.

Understood. I guess I'll be hanging around in the hopes of learning there's an eventual fix to that, but until then, I'm good. Thank you very much for your help.

I can't craft any of the summons, for example the Deviantt's Curse, even though I have all the ingridients and a Crucible of the Cosmos. I wasn't able to craft to craft a mechanical leash of cthulhu either, but a Colossus Soul didn't show any problems.

I can't craft any of the summons, for example the Deviantt's Curse, even though I have all the ingridients and a Crucible of the Cosmos. I wasn't able to craft to craft a mechanical leash of cthulhu either, but a Colossus Soul didn't show any problems.

Out of curiosity I tried to reproduce this. I was able to craft the Deviantt's Curse with both a Demon Altar and the Crucible without any issue, and same for the Mechanical Leash at the Crucible. Maybe a mod conflict on your end, I wonder?

Out of curiosity I tried to reproduce this. I was able to craft the Deviantt's Curse with both a Demon Altar and the Crucible without any issue, and same for the Mechanical Leash at the Crucible. Maybe a mod conflict on your end, I wonder?
I like how you become a issue resolver on forum just like me, except more active

thanks

Send your client.log file.

I recall JourneyRecipes breaking recipes from other mods because the creator is extremely intelligent. I'd recommend disabling it and seeing if it works afterward.

Because this kind of stuff is bound to cause errors.
1611610734312.png

Back
Top Bottom