tModLoader Fargo's Mods

Notes from my experience with this mod so far:

Some stuff from Travelling Merchant needed for some souls is extremely rare, like Companion Cube or Diamond Ring. It makes a big disparancy between some souls that you'd expect to be on the same level. I haven't found Pulse bow for Sharpshooter's Soul in my ≈400 ingame days over 4 playthroughs with this mod.

Gating most souls behind Crucibile of the Cosmos is kind of weird decision - at the moment you get it you have beaten all the content already, so those souls barely have any use. And extreme rarity of some components, as well as necessity to have several worlds to gain them (two at least, with different types of world evil, and I had to go through a dozen worlds to find The Guardian's Gaze painting) discourages from crafting all of them for a new playthrough.

Having to massacre NPCs for their weapons... Not only makes you a terrible person, but also is long and boring. Also, catching NPCs with bug net is a good idea, but when you are catching critters in town you typically end up accidentally catching NPCs, especially with golden bug ne.

Masochist mode heavily relies on wide addition of :red:ing debuffs everywhere - you either can't properly control your character or the character is simply locked in immobilized state. Inflicting Confused, Dazed, Clipped Wings, Flipped, Cursed, Lethargic, Stoned and other like those on every occasion is not a true challenge. Also, randomly spawning bosses every 30 seconds is quite annoying.

Supersonic Speed being binary is inconvenient - you either move way too fast to have any precision or like without speed accessories. With disabled boosts it should work like Frostspark boots IMO.

Bugs and other oddities:

Eater of Worlds Staff seems to not change damage output with more segments, unlike Stardust Dragon. Together with poor base damage it makes this staff pretty useless even against weakest of enemies.
Crucibile of the Cosmos does not inherit Alchemy Table efficiency.
Copper Lightning causes massive performance issues in dense crowds.
Dark Artist enchantment (and all gear where it is a part) causes damage to exponentially raise infinitely when weapons are used.

Thanks for feedback :D

Good news is I'm making the Portable Sundial reset the travelling merchant's shop on every use next update so getting those items should be easier.

For one, I've made sure every item is obtainable in one world. Every evil item can be converted to the other, and every painting needed is sold by the Painter. Unless there's something I missed. Guardian's Gaze is sold by the Painter while in the Dungeon though.
Also the Souls being post Moon Lord is just how its always been because they are supposed to be pretty op and an end goal. Enchantments and Essences are really all that's meant for during a playthrough.

Regal Statue should make the killing of NPCs much easier along with Rotten Eggs killing them in only a few hits.

Bosses spawning too much is an issue that can be reduced for sure, many have for next update. The debuffs will stay though :p

Supersonic used to be much worse lol, I can try to get it better though.

Dark Artist is totally reworked, Copper I dunno just toggle it off, Crucible and Eater I will look into

Also the Souls being post Moon Lord is just how its always been because they are supposed to be pretty op and an end goal. Enchantments and Essences are really all that's meant for during a playthrough.
Many Souls require Moon Lord loot, so it is quite obvious that thay are post Moon Lord stuff. But Force enchancements could be more accessible.

Edit: found another issue. The Penetrator, once used, is getting stuck in repeatedly attacking mode.

Last edited:
Many Souls require Moon Lord loot, so it is quite obvious that thay are post Moon Lord stuff. But Force enchancements could be more accessible.

Edit: found another issue. The Penetrator, once used, is getting stuck in repeatedly attacking mode.
that only happens with omniswing mod

So all my souls became unloaded items around the time that calamity support was removed. If I make them again now, will they become unloaded again in a future update? Should I hold off on making them for now?

perhaps I am doing something wrong, but more likely the wiki is ten million years out of date. It mentions a 'Spiritualist's soul' as something available through cross-compatibility with Dragon Ball Terraria. Using cheat sheet, I simply can't find this. Am I a dumb dumb, or is the wiki a dumb dumb? I DO have the split version of the mod installed, with both mods fully updated on tmodloader.

Also this pair of mods in general is goshdarn awesome.

yeah i've get same issue with some enchantement (despite they was in HERO mod items browser) , so i've put in trash item required and give me the enchantement for stay legit.

So all my souls became unloaded items around the time that calamity support was removed. If I make them again now, will they become unloaded again in a future update? Should I hold off on making them for now?
they became unloaded because they were moved to the new mod. They should be fine now
perhaps I am doing something wrong, but more likely the wiki is ten million years out of date. It mentions a 'Spiritualist's soul' as something available through cross-compatibility with Dragon Ball Terraria. Using cheat sheet, I simply can't find this. Am I a dumb dumb, or is the wiki a dumb dumb? I DO have the split version of the mod installed, with both mods fully updated on tmodloader.

Also this pair of mods in general is goshdarn awesome.
that item is actually in the next update

Gladiator Enchantment (With Thorium):
One of the component, Steel Throwing Axe, is sold by Thorium NPC but only *before* WoF.
Shouldn't this mod includes alternative recipe, like, replacing it with Durasteel Javelin (the hardmode counterpart from that NPC) ?

I don't know if recommendations are acceptable or not, but I think having larger toggle boxes for the soul effects would be nice. It would be a nice quality of life change if the toggle covered both the box beside the name and the name as well. (Hope that makes sense)

Gladiator Enchantment (With Thorium):
One of the component, Steel Throwing Axe, is sold by Thorium NPC but only *before* WoF.
Shouldn't this mod includes alternative recipe, like, replacing it with Durasteel Javelin (the hardmode counterpart from that NPC) ?
steel items will be craftable next update
I don't know if recommendations are acceptable or not, but I think having larger toggle boxes for the soul effects would be nice. It would be a nice quality of life change if the toggle covered both the box beside the name and the name as well. (Hope that makes sense)
not really sure how to do that but we shall see

Hello,
Would you be so kind to upload the previous version than 1.2.2 as im getting errors with this one but the previous version worked fine. I cannot continue my current game because of this.

This es the error message im getting, and it says Fargowiltas mod has been automatically disabled.

A recipe group with the name FargowiltasSouls:AnyForge does not exist.
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModRecipe.AddRecipeGroup(String name, Int32 stack)
at Fargowiltas.Items.Misc.CrucibleCosmos.AddRecipes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.AddRecipes()

Last edited:
Wanted to know if its just me or if others are having this problem? I keep trying to use Fargo's but this error pops up

Btw im in 1.3.5.2 and using the mods Calamity, imksushi's, Prefixes for enemies, Auto trash, Boss checklist, Recipe browser, JABHBM or just another boss health bar mod, Magic storage, Even more modifiers, Wing slot, No more tombs and OmniSwing.

Any sort of fix/info would be really helpful
Regards

Last edited:
Hello,
Would you be so kind to upload the previous version than 1.2.2 as im getting errors with this one but the previous version worked fine. I cannot continue my current game because of this.

This es the error message im getting, and it says Fargowiltas mod has been automatically disabled.

Wanted to know if its just me or if others are having this problem? I keep trying to use Fargo's but this error pops up

Btw im in 1.3.5.2 and using the mods Calamity, imksushi's, Prefixes for enemies, Auto trash, Boss checklist, Recipe browser, JABHBM or just another boss health bar mod, Magic storage, Even more modifiers, Wing slot, No more tombs and OmniSwing.

Any sort of fix/info would be really helpful
Regards
fixed
can we have a config option to remoe the ON/OFF toggle event for the present ?
why tho

Un mod tellement génial! et le 'soul of eternity' est surement l'objet le plus long à crafter, mais en vaut clairement la peine! cela dit mon perso désormais et tellement puissant qu'il met à genoux mon pc .-. oof

french mode ON

Un mod tellement génial! et le 'soul of eternity' est surement l'objet le plus long à crafter, mais en vaut clairement la peine! cela dit mon perso désormais et tellement puissant qu'il met à genoux mon pc .-. oof
je pense que tu devrais l'écrire en anglais. c'est un forum anglo il vont se mettre à rien comprendre! ;)

french mode OFF

Back
Top Bottom