tModLoader Fargo's Mods

Regarding Fargo's Soul Mod, past a certain point (I think even the Soul of Terraria), not all of the particles can be loaded, so effects end up getting lost or not even rendering. Even my weapons can't be used after I get Soul of Dimensions. This is with Thorium and Calamity.

Would it be possible to make new effects, that combine the previous ones? Like when you make a Soul, it's only three or four effects total (even when swinging, attacking, or being damaged). It'd make things a lot more reliable performance-wise. Alternatively, maybe add some soul presets in the config for a performance-friendly set of effects, including all the effects that don't use particles.

Also, the edited bosses seem to break Calamity's Boss Rush. Eater of Worlds splits apart when it's not supposed to. When they're all killed, the boss still has some health leftover and the music switches back to standard Terraria music. No more bosses spawn after that. Turning off Eternity mode allows it to be killed in one piece as intended.

There also seems to be some weird boss despawns and respawn situations when you kill a part of them too quickly, the Brain of Cthulu and Hive Mind disappear and respawn after killing the creepers while hitting the brain at the same time, and the moon lord's center eye can be damaged before it's supposed to be, despawning it after you knock out the hands. These may be general bugs though, not necessarily due to this mod.

So an issue I'm having, one of my friends and I were playing online, and he was being way too careless, and when he went to buy and activate a death bringer fairy, accidentally used an expert token. I really do not want to play on Expert Mode, and I also do not want to get rid of this world because I've put a lot of work into it. I tried a application that reversed Expert Mode, but it's not working, because I assume that expert mode is enabled in a different way than normal with that token. Not sure if I'll get a reply here, but I'm no really sure where to go. Does anyone have a resolution?

Couple questions:

When I enter Eternity Mode to kill (regular) Skeletron, after getting to hard mode, should the Dungeon Guardian always spawn as soon as I get Skeletron down to zero? Because it's basically auto slaying me, and I'm not able to get the Necromantic Brew.

Also, I'm a little lost on how I'm supposed to kill the Nymph to get the one item that protects me from her Lovestruck debuff? I'm assuming she won't drop Nymph's Perfume unless I have Eternity Mode active?

thanks, cheers

🍻

Um, is it possible to get Shadows of Abaddon enchantments because you need the developer weapons to make them which are from Sealed Bags which were removed when 1.1.1 came out. I’m trying to get the Soul of Eternity. I’m only missing Soul of the Tyrant, Soul of Yggdrasil and Soul of Two Realms. Yeah, I have the calamity and thorium mod installed.

Um, is it possible to get Shadows of Abaddon enchantments because you need the developer weapons to make them which are from Sealed Bags which were removed when 1.1.1 came out. I’m trying to get the Soul of Eternity. I’m only missing Soul of the Tyrant, Soul of Yggdrasil and Soul of Two Realms. Yeah, I have the calamity and thorium mod installed.
Yes they will be removed next update
Couple questions:

When I enter Eternity Mode to kill (regular) Skeletron, after getting to hard mode, should the Dungeon Guardian always spawn as soon as I get Skeletron down to zero? Because it's basically auto slaying me, and I'm not able to get the Necromantic Brew.

Also, I'm a little lost on how I'm supposed to kill the Nymph to get the one item that protects me from her Lovestruck debuff? I'm assuming she won't drop Nymph's Perfume unless I have Eternity Mode active?

thanks, cheers

🍻
Dungeon Guardian is Skeletrons final phase its only 50 HP
To kill Nymph you have to get close to her inside the aura
Regarding Fargo's Soul Mod, past a certain point (I think even the Soul of Terraria), not all of the particles can be loaded, so effects end up getting lost or not even rendering. Even my weapons can't be used after I get Soul of Dimensions. This is with Thorium and Calamity.

Would it be possible to make new effects, that combine the previous ones? Like when you make a Soul, it's only three or four effects total (even when swinging, attacking, or being damaged). It'd make things a lot more reliable performance-wise. Alternatively, maybe add some soul presets in the config for a performance-friendly set of effects, including all the effects that don't use particles.

Also, the edited bosses seem to break Calamity's Boss Rush. Eater of Worlds splits apart when it's not supposed to. When they're all killed, the boss still has some health leftover and the music switches back to standard Terraria music. No more bosses spawn after that. Turning off Eternity mode allows it to be killed in one piece as intended.

There also seems to be some weird boss despawns and respawn situations when you kill a part of them too quickly, the Brain of Cthulu and Hive Mind disappear and respawn after killing the creepers while hitting the brain at the same time, and the moon lord's center eye can be damaged before it's supposed to be, despawning it after you knock out the hands. These may be general bugs though, not necessarily due to this mod.
Hmm maybe presets could be made, but yea with all those mods the number of effects is pretty meme lol. As for those other things its likely just mod compatability breaking especially if you have eternity and calamity difficulties on at once

With soul of the siblings equiped I can't kill some bosses like martian saucer or lich because their next phase cannot spawn(i guess). Can I toggle off soul of the siblings' boss spawn prevention?

The soul of Yggdrasil doesn't appear to be granting some of the effects granted from the Force of Jotunheim. Specifically, I'm not getting some of Depth Diver's effects(ability to swim, gain damage and movement speed buffs while underwater) nor Naga-Skin's increased attack speed and uninhibited movement in water(out of water I can easily reach over 100 mph but underwater I get 79 mph max). I think I am getting Depth Diver's water breathing though as I don't see anything else in Soul of Yggdrasil that grants it and neither does any of my other equipment.

I'll admit I probably only noticed these because I'm playing in a world inspired by Hectique's Drowned playthrough, so the entire world is flooded. I probably would not have realized if I hadn't been using those two's effects to specifically counter the water since I got them.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm having an issue with Fargo's soul 1.3.2.3, saying it needs Fargo's version 2.12, however I can't update the dependency. Is there something wrong with the update update or am I missing something? I have a screen shot of the error it's giving me when I reload my mods as well while trying to load it

Hey, I'm having an issue with Fargo's soul 1.3.2.3, saying it needs Fargo's version 2.12, however I can't update the dependency. Is there something wrong with the update update or am I missing something? I have a screen shot of the error it's giving me when I reload my mods as well while trying to load it

I'm having the same issue. It says it needs FargoWiltas but I should have it.
I tried downloading it from the tModLoader page instead of in the game and it didn't work.

It looks like this for me
20200508204145_1.jpg

I'm having the same issue. It says it needs FargoWiltas but I should have it.
I tried downloading it from the tModLoader page instead of in the game and it didn't work.

It looks like this for me
View attachment 270103

Yeah, I'm getting the same error aftert updating to the latest version of Thorium. I'm actually alternating between the above error and the following crash:

Fargo Souls mod crash report with new Thorium update.jpg

(I posted in the Thorium thread too, fwiw)

Also, thanks for the reply to my previous post

cheers!

🍻

Back
Top Bottom