Console Farming Enemies

Cujo

Terrarian
Does anyone know of some good layouts for an AFK farm on console for these three specific enemies? Vampire Miner, Dragon Snatcher, Shadow Hammer? I've been fooling around with some ideas, but would appreciate any help from those of you who DON'T have school 10 hours a day :D:sigh:

I assume you're after the banners. A general purpose farm that's worked well for me is the Ultimate Mob Autofarm by DicemanX. You can build a subset of it without too much trouble on console. Mine looks like this:
Terraria.pngTerraria (2).png
For Vampire Miner I would use either a stone or dirt surface. For Dragon Snatcher and Shadow Hammer, jungle surface and corrupt surface respectively. The latter might need a corrupt biome as well (can't remember).
This is a numbers game so basically you need to kill as many enemies as possible. I used a Summoner loadout with ravens to do the killing. The farm works AFK so you can go to school/sleep while it's working.

Edit
Btw on console you need to connect each teleporter by a separate wire.

Last edited:
Thanks! :D
[doublepost=1506961848,1506961730][/doublepost]Wait, but I don't have target dummies. Should I do the slime invincibility box, or the spike invincibility box?

Wait, but I don't have target dummies. Should I do the slime invincibility box, or the spike invincibility box?
Go with whatever works for you. I use the Tiki armor set (to boost summons) so the spike invincibility method doesn't work too well. Need better armor for that. So I use a single Crab statue hooked up to the teleporter. It works well enough.

Btw I now realise it might be better to farm Vampire Miner and Dragon Snatcher in a pre-hardmode world. The spawn ratio versus other enemies should be better.

Okay, thanks! So, I watched a couple of videos, and I saw HappyDays do a design with teleporters? I'm going to do that for the Vampire Miners, but I still don't have a clue how to farm the Dragon Snatcher XD Like, I know it takes Jungle, but what would be an efficient way to farm them, especially for banners? What if I did a jungle island (Just a flat long thing of mud and jungle grass) and then used hoiks to carry all of the drops except banners into lava? Now, you have to remember, there is no "Player has killed 50 Dragon Snatchers!" thing. You literally have to farm for them, with a 1/250 drop chance ;-; There's also no conveyor belts, either DX

Yeah, a jungle island would work. I did something like that last night as an experiment and got 2 Dragon Snatcher banners from it. In one of my deserts in a pre-hardmode world I built a pedestal out of 80 Lihzard bricks and surrounded it with lava moats. Then I put a layer of mud seeded with jungle grass on it. I then sat perched on a platform 36 tiles above and waited while my ravens did the killing. I swooped down and gathered the loot about once per hour. Maybe I should have done it more often, but I couldn't be bothered. Anyways I got 2 banners from it in about 4 hours.

Are there any good ways to auto-farm the Arch Wyvern for its banner?
There are at least a couple of ways. @HappyDays made a roller-coaster farm that works quite well. It requires a lot of flame traps though, which can be hard to come by.

I made a farm that uses speartraps instead. It functions reasonably well.
Wyvern Farm.png Wyvern Farm (W).png

If you don't care about AFK, you can just add 80 jungle blocks (jungle grass/lihzard bricks) and a water candle to a sky island and farm manually.

Tanking gear. Surviving the gauntlet is the biggest problem with this type of farm. Also, with minions you risk killing the wyverns too far away from the track.

I usually use Beetle Armor, but Turtle Armor works fine to. I don't know about Chlorophyte, it may not provide enough protection.
Also, you will want an accessory like the Cross Necklace or similar.

Are you building my design with the spear trap battery? Then build the battery first and the track after that. The lowermost spear trap needs to be placed high enough so that there is a 4 block gap when the trap is triggered. Otherwise player will be skewered.

Back
Top Bottom