tModLoader Fast Start

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
Greetings terrarians,
Today I proudly present to you: Fast Start.

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6b6463524f59502e706e67

FastStart.png

Version: 0.5 | Extractable | Git

kdcROYP.png

About
Fast start is a mod that gives a newly created character some more tools to start their adventure with. This is for people that'd like to start their new adventures with a little boost. This is mainly for people that find the beginning somewhat tedious, or simply have been through it too many times. (or hate it, like I)

08afb73a04344a2fadfc9d345a896782.png

8fdd181d80c14d6b958684673c45c883.png

fe68c9575dbe4b0b93e73019d30740e9.png

kdcROYP.png

How it works
Everything you get is randomly selected, but you will only get some early game items as well as a few neat things (such as money trough and others)
For example, if you're lucky you can get both life and mana crystals as well as a grappling hook!

The only set gift are 3 recall potions, everything else is random. It's programmed so that if you got the best tier previously, you cannot get the best tier again. But! It's also programmed to remove any lower tier if you've previously gained a lower tier. (for example, if you get a platinum pickaxe, you cannot get a platinum axe and hammer, the same way if you get an iron shortsword, your bonus weapon will most likely be better)

kdcROYP.png

Download
Download (direct mod browser link)
Github release

kdcROYP.png

Changelogs

Changelog for v0.5:
- You can no longer get Crystal Vile Shard as this is a hardmode item.
- Added Vilethorn as a replacement for Crystal Vile Shard.
- You can no longer get Diamond Ring as this item is worth a lot of money.
- You can now get Balloon Animal or Bundled Party Balloons as your vanity gifts.
- You will now get between 20 and 55 wood, stone blocks and torches.
- The amount of wooden arrows you can get is reduced by 100.
- The amount of throwing daggers and shurikens you can get is reduced by 10.
- If you are lucky, you can now also get a Wand of Sparking. That thing is dang hard to find sometimes.

kdcROYP.png

Other
Please leave your suggestions here, tell me if something is bugged or you'd like changes ... or anything!
Also, if it doesn't work, please check (windows) %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\Logs.txt and send me the error(s) it wrote.

Last edited:
Well, I would like if we could have a 100% chance of getting a pickaxe because well,i used this and i spawned with only a sword,a hammer and everything else apart from a pick.
That's weird, it should always be giving a hammer, pickaxe and axe.. I'll look into it ;)

Well, I would like if we could have a 100% chance of getting a pickaxe because well,i used this and i spawned with only a sword,a hammer and everything else apart from a pick.
This should now be fixed, download version 0.2

How about giving several hundred, or maybe even a stack of wood?
That's a good idea ;)
Ah, I've been looking for a mod like this. Although, it would be neat if their was a choice to choose a class at the start, and get random items based on that class.
Wouldn't that be too much though? Currently you just get very basic items. I've set it so that, right now you get one basic sword and the other weapon is slightly better. I should add bow as well since you get arrows

Wouldn't that be too much though? Currently you just get very basic items.

Well, I noticed that in the pictures you can get a Bee gun and a Hornet Summoner staff, and it would be nice that you could get low-tier early class weapons like those if you chose a certain class, such as Magic and Summoner, since its a bit of a hassle to get decent Magic and Summoner items that early on.

Well, I noticed that in the pictures you can get a Bee gun and a Hornet Summoner staff, and it would be nice that you could get low-tier early class weapons like those if you chose a certain class, such as Magic and Summoner, since its a bit of a hassle to get decent Magic and Summoner items that early on.
It might be a good idea. What items would you suggest for each class? (around 2-3 choices maybe?)

It might be a good idea. What items would you suggest for each class? (around 2-3 choices maybe?)

Well, typical early game weapons, bows and guns, staffs, and summoner items. And maybe random items for Throwing and Yo-yo sub-classes as well would be pretty cool to see.

Can I interfere?
The five basic classes in Terraria + Miner would be enough since there's another mod that adds a ton of different unique classes, and this mod isn't really focused on that.

I tried to balance these out the best I could :)

Warrior:
Gold/Silver-tier broadsword OR Rally OR Enchanted boomerang
Band of regeneration
Feral claws OR Cobalt Shield (This might be OP, Change with shackle if necessary)
3 life crystals
Gold/Silver-tier Armor
2 Iron skin potions

Ranger:
Gold/Silver-tier Bow OR Flintlock pistol
200 ~ 300 Arrows OR Flaming Arrows
100 ~ 200 Musket balls
Hermes Boots OR Sailfish boots OR Flurry boots
Shiny red balloon OR Lucky horseshoe
1 life crystal
Iron-tier Armor
2 Ranger potions

Mage:
Amethyst/Topaz Staff OR Bee gun
Band of Starpower
Flying carpet OR Water walking boots
1 life crystal
3 mana crystal
Iron-tier Armor
2 Magic power potions

Rogue:
200 ~ 300 Throwing knives OR 300 ~ 400 Shurikens AND 150 ~ 200 Poisoned knives
Cloud in a bottle OR Tsunami in a bottle OR Sandstorm in a bottle OR Blizzard in a bottle
Climbing claws OR Shoe spikes
1 life crystal
Iron-tier Armor OR Ninja armor
2 Rage potions OR 2 Wrath potions

Summoner:
Slimes Staff OR Hornet Staff
Band of regeneration OR Band of starpower OR Sharktooth necklace
1 life crystal
1 mana crystal
Iron-tier Armor OR Bee armor
2 Summoning potions

Miner:
Bone pickaxe OR Gold-tier pickaxe
Gold-tier Axe
5 ~ 15 Grenades
10 ~ 20 Bombs
2 ~ 5 Dynamites
Guide to plant fiber cordage OR Flower boots
Tool box OR Extendo grip
Brick layer OR Portable cement mixer
2 life crystals
Mining armor set (Mining helmet, Mining shirt, Mining pants)
3 Mining potions

By tiers, I mean the ore tiers. Iron-tier is iron and lead, Silver-tier is silver and tungsten, and Gold-tier is gold and platinum. Players can get a mix of armor pieces according to the tier, such as iron helmet, lead chestplate, lead leggings, etc.

Players receive the generic randomized loot in addition to these. Hammer, Random vanity, Health/Mana potions, Recall potions, etc

Honestly, the miner isn't necessary.

As much as I like the input, I personally don't feel to comfortable giving items statically (aka, guaranteed)
This mod really was meant to randomly select items, and provide the player with some generic but better starting gear and extras early on. (instead of the plain ol' copper tools) Since it seems there is interest to being able to select which kind of items you want to start with, I'll probably make a similar mod to this one but in that fashion.
So to sum it up, I'll probably keep this mod as it is, but make a new one using these suggestions.

i think you can add some building,like a house,or even a little village by 2to5house,so we can more easy to hold the npcp's life

Just started a run using a couple small mods, and then this and Ivysaur's leveling and class thing. Before I'd done anything with the class system (so, as soon as I spawned in the world) I had been given a Crystal Vile Shard. Was that supposed to happen? lol. It sure made my class choice easy (not like I'd have gone with anything else anyway... it made the beginning game a breeze though. heh.)

an idea for the mod, editable "Item Pool"? In the form of a config?

The item pool being what gives you the items?

It could be added for mod compatibility.

I don't use this mod personally, but I might use it if such a thing existed.

an idea for the mod, editable "Item Pool"? In the form of a config?

The item pool being what gives you the items?

It could be added for mod compatibility.

I don't use this mod personally, but I might use it if such a thing existed.
hmm good idea.. I'll see if I can do something like this

Hello, got this error when i clicked 'singleplayer' and the game crashed. Does anyone have any idea what it means/is all about? o_O

Code:
Field can not be found: Terraria.Main.rand.
  at FastStart.FastStartPlayer.SetupStartInventory(IList`1 items)
  at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.SetupStartInventory(Player player)
  at Terraria.Player..ctor(Boolean startupInventory)
  at Terraria.Player.LoadPlayer(String playerPath, Boolean cloudSave)
  at Terraria.Player.GetFileData(String file, Boolean cloudSave)
  at Terraria.Main.LoadPlayers()
  at Terraria.GameContent.UI.States.UICharacterSelect.OnActivate()
  at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Activate()
  at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.SetState(UIState state)
  at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
  at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
  at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

Hello, got this error when i clicked 'singleplayer' and the game crashed. Does anyone have any idea what it means/is all about? o_O

Code:
Field can not be found: Terraria.Main.rand.
  at FastStart.FastStartPlayer.SetupStartInventory(IList`1 items)
  at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.SetupStartInventory(Player player)
  at Terraria.Player..ctor(Boolean startupInventory)
  at Terraria.Player.LoadPlayer(String playerPath, Boolean cloudSave)
  at Terraria.Player.GetFileData(String file, Boolean cloudSave)
  at Terraria.Main.LoadPlayers()
  at Terraria.GameContent.UI.States.UICharacterSelect.OnActivate()
  at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Activate()
  at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.SetState(UIState state)
  at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
  at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
  at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

I think that's because of the change of a few hooks in the tModLoader 1.3.4 update, he has to update it.

Back
Top Bottom