PC Fastest method of drilling

Speedrun

Terrarian
Everybody knows it : You open up a farm world, want to get to a specific point in hardmode and realize, "oops, i need to trigger WoF first".

Most of you would take the Drill Unit for that, which is totaly fine, but there is an even faster method.

Introducing : Snowmancanon and IV Rockets !!
It doesnt do DMG to the player if he blows himself up and with Unreal-Modifier the fire rate is just awesome. My favorite weapon besides Phantasm and the Coingun, but the Drilling-capabilitys are even better.

With it, you can drill an aproximatly 10 blocks wide hole from standart surface height to the Hellground in about 15 seconds, depends on how many Lava-Pools you may encounter on your way down. Also for mining purposes this beast can do wonders. Need stone ? 5-6 stacks á 999 are mined within 5 minutes.

The downside is the price and circumstances to get the ammunition. IV Rockets can be bought from the Cyborg for 5 Silver each, and only during a Solar Eclipse. But if you have the pocket money and want some fun swimming through the earth crust like a fish in the sea, invest it ! Wings or a Mount are recommendet using the Snowmancanon if you want perfect mobility, it does drill several times faster then you can walk.

IV Rockets can blow up everything, excluding everything better then Dungeon Stone, Palladium and its counterparts.

Happy Mining !

Last edited:
I case of hellevator mining, I personally prefer the Shroomite Digging Claws with mining potion and Celestial Shell, you'll actually dig faster than you'll fall, at a cheaper and more available cost too.

I case of hellevator mining, I personally prefer the Shroomite Digging Claws with mining potion and Celestial Shell, you'll actually dig faster than you'll fall, at a cheaper and more available cost too.

Thats true, maybe i said it in a wrong way, there are definitly faster methods of digging down, just the mining wield with the snowmancanon is uncomparable atm. But thanks for pointing that out !

In that case, I do understand that Rocket IV's do dig faster than the mining mount. Hence why I didn't understanded why the mining mount was such a big deal.

The main advantage that the mining mount has though, once you got it, is that it doesn't run on limited resources, and has an 'all-in-one' setup where you don't need additional items/equipment to mine properly.

In that case, I do understand that Rocket IV's do dig faster than the mining mount. Hence why I didn't understanded why the mining mount was such a big deal.

The main advantage that the mining mount has though, once you got it, is that it doesn't run on limited resources, and has an 'all-in-one' setup where you don't need additional items/equipment to mine properly.

I didnt understand it ether. I found it kinda cool to be able to fly and mine insanely fast at the same time, but since i found out about the Snowmancanon, its a little bit out of my focus.

Since i farmed the pirate Invasion some hundrets of times (i can tell you the pirate cards where pure madness to get) i have the Ring of Greed, which combined with a slime farm provides you with enough platinum to buy a couple chests full of these Rockets. But that thing with the Shroomite Digging Claws is truly awesome, completely slipped out of my mind of how fast you can digg downwards with them.

Back
Top Bottom