Fastest way to get the merchant!

dirtboy227

Terrarian
Ok so, I came across this yesterday and I looked for it on the forums and couldn't find it anywhere.
So, you're trying to get the merchant at the start of a new world, but you can't find/earn enough money? Pick up a dye item, such as Yellow Marigold, and the Dye Trader will show up. Then sell things to him until you have 50 silver coins.

Last edited:
If you find a Strange Plant, can turn it into dye by talking to the Dye Trader and sell the dye. Easiest gold ever.

If you find a Strange Plant, can turn it into dye by talking to the Dye Trader and sell the dye. Easiest gold ever.
Wow, I hadn't realized "strange" dyes were that valuable. Some more than others apparently, but even for the cheap ones you triple the value of the strange plant itself since you get three dyes.

Wow, I hadn't realized "strange" dyes were that valuable. Some more than others apparently, but even for the cheap ones you triple the value of the strange plant itself since you get three dyes.
Yup, and you can get some pretty sick dyes too! (The grappling hook looks good with the reflective obsidian dye, for example.)

Yup, and you can get some pretty sick dyes too! (The grappling hook looks good with the reflective obsidian dye, for example.)
I almost have 30, and :red: forgot to talk to Dye Trader from killing Moon-Lord, also for fastest Merchant, make room, exlpore in some cave with pots, or find a quick chest bamn you have 1 gold at least :^) and loot

In some world's pinkys are more common and they drop plenty of gold another good way is to run to the jungle and open every chest you see and there's little bags of gold silver and copper every where it's a good way to make money quick

Neat and all , but pretty inefficient , you'd be better off making a house for the merchant and go explore the caves.

Back
Top Bottom