Favorite Anime Quotes

Jesus: "Buddha, I'm hungry."
Buddha: "Here. *gives plate with glass of water and a rock*"
Jesus: "What's this?!"
Buddha: "Well, you can turn stone into bread, and water into wine right? This should suffice as dinner."

rinne24.jpg
Madoka - Rinne no Lagrange.

"Everywhere I go, somebody is staring at me. I don't know if people are staring because they recognize me or they think I'm a weirdo"

-Leonardo, To Love Ru

(Don't Judge Me)

"If love can kill people, then surely hate can save people" -Altena (Noir)

Pretty haunting quote but it sticks with me with what the theme of that character was.

"It's okay if I'm a devil, I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!" -Nanoha Takamachi (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha)

"You are Incompetent!" -Beatrice (Umineko When They Cry)

Being told you are incompetent in absolute truth is pretty soul crushing.

"This young girl who isn't even half my size has shown me that these silver eyes can still shed tears" -Teresa (Claymore)

Heartwarming part in Claymore.

The description of Guts' sword in Berserk is probably my favorite. I suppose I don't have much of a choice, since it's the only manga/anime I currently still enjoy.

"t was too big to be called a sword. Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough. Indeed, it was a heap of raw iron."

"Levi, for now stay put, a pointless death wouldn't suit you."
"No I doubt it would. Anymore than it suits anyone else."
And
"If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?"

"You're doing awfully well here... I thought you were Mr. Unlucky." -Lavi
"Well I'm cheating" -Allen Walker

From D. Gray Man when Allen plays Poker against Tyki (Human Form) to get Krory Arystar's clothes back.

"End my misery this way... Bring me as much happiness as I have had misery. If you can't do that, then I don't want to live like this. Kill me! Kill me with this thunder! Kill me. Tanashi Miyoko is right here. Just like how you took away my parents! Strip my life from me, right here!" - Miyoko Tanashi

From Higurashi When They Cry. This is part of Miyoko's challenge to "God" for causing her misery by taking her parents away from her. And controlling her destiny. It's a very powerful scene.

"How would you like to see what death is like?" - Enma Ai

A possible translation of Jigoku Shoujo's infamous quote right before someone is ferried to hell.

"Also, I'm seriously in the mood to tie someone up in my room right now." -Usa Kazunari (The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior)
"All sizes, all shapes, all colors: I appreciate all boobs." -Kantoku (Denki-gai)
"Well, my right hand is the tool of my trade." -Umetarou Nozaki (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun)

cGg9dkQ.png

- Touma (Originally from "A certain magical Index" - but this image is from a related anime "A certain scientific Railgun S")

Another Raildex! <3
and then he meets mikoto and accelerator and things go bad

This is my favorite so far:
"Wait, how can you drown when you're a squid?"
From Ika Musume

Not even a single mention of this?

tumblr_mzd13wFmUE1sivitpo1_r2_400.gif

Or this?

d61aba2f338f4f3f34bcaf932304beb0ccc5a131f42dae74c1300431cdf57b5a.jpg

Actually, just about any of Kamina's lines are quotable, really.

Also, +1 to the "Boys don't hate underwear" a couple people posted last page. Denki-gai is a fantastic show, and that's just one of the reasons.

"One hundred steps!"
"Ninety-nine steps!"
"... Let's just settle for ninety-nine and a half."

Kyousuke and Madoka from Kimagure Orange, arguing over the number of steps the stone stairs in their town's park had, and settling for a very "logical" middle ground.

"Punch me, Goku!" - Krillin, Dragon Ball Super. Too dumb to live.
Vegetta: *Standing on Bulma's plane, with a Dodoria and a Zarbon fruit hanging from his hair thanks to Bulma trying to make the trip "challenging" by flying wildly.* This wasn't a challenge.

"I won't be the same tragic princess I was." - Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon Crystal, about how she intended to not repeat her past mistakes.

And a very Leaning On The Fourth Wall example spawned from the old Sailor Moon anime and crystal. In one episode, Usagi has to use a computer to figure out the villain's plans.

Old anime's Usagi: Let me warn you, I don't know how to use a computer!
New anime's Usagi: Let me warn you, I still don't know how to use a computer!

Back
Top Bottom