Favorite anime?

No love for Puella Magi Madoka Magica? ...fine...

But my favorite animes of all time are...
Sailor Moon, Sonic X (IT'S AN ANIME, Deal with it!), Kirby Right Back At Ya (An anime too..) and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

The last one is an very, verrrrry good anime for fans of the Magical Girl genre. It mixes "Magical Girl stuff" with dark and really plot-twisting story. In the beginning, it's still like the ordinary MG animes but later... this anime just gets darker. Have some story:

"In the fictional city of Japan, Mitakihara (it's sadly not real), an girl named Madoka Kaname (name-giving girl of anime) dreams about an girl with magical powers fighting against an witch called "Walpurgisnacht". On the next day, she sees the girl again, being an new girl, called Homura at the Mitakihara High School. Later, with her friend Sayaka, they go in a music store, hearing some music. Madoka then hears the help of an little creature which is hunted by Homura. Suddenly, Sayaka and Madoka are finding theirselfes in an witch circle. Before they get hurt, another Magical Girl called Mami comes to save them. Then, the little creature, which name is Kyubey, offers Sayaka and Madoka to contracting with him, to become Magical Girls. But it's bound with an wish. That means, they have to wish something before they can become an magical girl." That was only a bit story of episode 1. But I leave the rest to you to watch it. Please do it.

Well, I loved Sailor Moon as a kid. I rewatched it- subbed, of course, because the 90s dub is... the 90s dub- and while it has a lot of problems, I still think it's pretty good. Wouldn't say it "holds up," but I like it. (The live action series is better, but that doesn't count as anime by anyone's definition, so I won't elaborate on that here.)
I adore Akira and Ghost in the Shell. I love that trippy kind of storytelling. (I'm referring to the first movie for the latter; I barely remember the animated series.)
I love Daicon IV, just because of all the concentrated awesome.
I like RWBY enough to keep up with it. It's very good, especially for a web series. Not to mention the soundtrack...

T̶V̶F̶i̶l̶t̶h̶y̶F̶r̶a̶n̶k̶

Berserk.

The animation that everyone complains about doesn't bother me so much (a few places where the 3d is terrible), the themes and story are just so good. Of course it can't live up to the manga, did the Lord of the Rings films live up to the books? Of course not, still, different media, and I for one enjoy moving pictures with audio for my fiction.

Just watched the latest episode. Epic. Adults only though kids...

Close battle between Ghost in the Shell, One Punch Man, and Mob Phsyco 100
Edit: would the cgi Appleseed movies count as anime? If so, well, there's my favorite anime.

WHY MY LIFE IS A LIE IM THE ONLY THE SECOND PERSON TO SAY FAIRYTAIL OH MY GOD
WHY
seriously guys, if you you havent watched it you havent lived. I have gone on an emotional roller coaster with this show! Sad to happy to tense to laughing!!
I have cried TWICE watching this!

WHY MY LIFE IS A LIE IM THE ONLY THE SECOND PERSON TO SAY FAIRYTAIL OH MY GOD
WHY
seriously guys, if you you havent watched it you havent lived. I have gone on an emotional roller coaster with this show! Sad to happy to tense to laughing!!
I have cried TWICE watching this!
Oh come on. It is fun to watch, but it's packed fulk with nakama and fanservice cliches. I enjoyed the manga 'til the very end, but some of the friendship-powered comebacks, fanservice at really weird situations, and a huge deus ex machina near the end were rather... underwhelming.

Ah yeah. Mine's Yaiba, by the way (same author as Det. Conan).

Death Note, Cory In The House and Black Butler are my favs. To be honest, I'm a real fan of anime, I can watch it for hours. Not so long ago I started using proxy to get access to the anime channels from different countries. That's so entertaining.

Last edited:
My favorite anime is Indigo League because I like to watch it ironically.
[doublepost=1562073788,1562073711][/doublepost]TeAm RoCkEt Is BlAsTiNg OfF aGaIn!!!
[doublepost=1562073853][/doublepost]Also, does anyone want to hear a funny story regarding it?

Inuyasha..
Then again when it comes to anime i've pretty much only ever watched inuyasha and pokemon..

Back
Top Bottom