Favorite anime?

What do you mean by this?
I hate to reply to this several months later (as I missed it) but the best reasoning I can give you is the art-style. I don’t know why, but I cringe at just simply watching anime. I concluded it is the art-style of anime that makes it a huge turn off.

Fire Emblem is the closest to anime I’ll ever get.

Feels like a good time to properly share. My favorite anime has changed since the last time I posted on this thread many years ago.

Currently I have to say Violet Evergarden.

The feelings it imparted on me stick out greatly as Violet's journey to become a Ghostwriter and truly understand the hearts of others help her understand how her own mentor felt about her. It is a very emotional journey I highly recommend. It feels like a Masterpiece to me.

To give a general warning before listing my revised Top 5. Some of the anime I list do contain mature themes in them, including graphic violence, gore, and sexual content. Discretion and research is advised on if you want to see any of these as they may contain content not appropriate for younger viewers.

A big thing that has changed is that Higurashi When They Cry and Umineko I consider some of my favorite Visual Novels as I have started reading the VNs and Manga for both of those series, and they have a lot more detail compared to the anime. Hence why they have been removed from my top 5.
  1. Violet Evergarden
  2. Elfen Lied
  3. Psycho-Pass
  4. Yona of the Dawn
  5. Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel

Last edited:
Dragon Ball Z and Afro Samurai. DBZ Is less an anime and more of a Saturday morning cartoon.
I would not recommend looking up Afro Samurai, it is very violent and bloody.

Back
Top Bottom