• Spore Sac

• Shiny Stone

• Shrimpy Truffle

• Gravity Globe (why)

• Suspicious Looking Tentacle

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aiden L

Official Terrarian
Expert mode is a very challenging gamemode. However, it adds some items for your troubles. Which of this is your favorite, or think is the best? (brain of confusion isn't even on the list because every reason)
IMO Demon heart, because another accessory slot can mean stuff better than everything on the list. Worm scarf and shield of cthulu are second and third, respectively.

The Spore sac! Because it's really cool and I like how it spawns lots of nicely damaging pretty green puffballs of planty doom.

Shield of Cthulhu, candidate for best accessory in the game alongside MNG. It's not even a full downgrade of the MNG due to the invincibility you get when dashing into enemies, which makes it better for Fishron and the Pillars.

This item alongside the Demon Heart are the reason people prefer to play Expert Mode.

Big fan of the Worm Scarf. Mostly for when playing with friends, I like to build full defensive and use the Paladin Shield once available to protect.

Demon heart is my favorite as it opens up so many possibilities for loadouts which weren't even a thought before 1.3.

While the Shiny Stone is my favorite (I love tank builds), the Gravity Globe has a special place in my heart due to this little moment I had at the end of my first ever Expert multiplayer playthrough.

Where's the Brain of Confusion? It's by far the best accessory in the entire game!
I'm torn between the Shield of Cthulhu and the Demon heart, being able to dash so early in the game is incredibly useful, but a sixth accessory slot is such a great thing to have.

In my opinion, Demon Heart is definitely on the top. It's necessary in both early hard mode and until endgame. An extra accessory slot really helps if you're a mage class; in fact all classes. For example, If you equip sorcerer's emblem, celestial cuffs, lightning boots, Ankh Shield, and a wing of your preference, you wouldn't be able to equip the mana flower, which is a crucial part of your set, and you don't really want to sacrifice any of those above since every one of those are equally important (It's really up to you), and then you have Demon Heart, which solves the problem more than efficiently. `:cool:

In my opinion, Demon Heart is definitely on the top. It's necessary in both early hard mode and until endgame. An extra accessory slot really helps if you're a mage class; in fact all classes. For example, If you equip sorcerer's emblem, celestial cuffs, lightning boots, Ankh Shield, and a wing of your preference, you wouldn't be able to equip the mana flower, which is a crucial part of your set, and you don't really want to sacrifice any of those above since every one of those are equally important (It's really up to you), and then you have Demon Heart, which solves the problem more than efficiently. `:cool:
There's a mana potion hotkey, the mana flower is overrated. You can just press the hotkey to refill your mana rather than have the game do it for you.

There's a mana potion hotkey, the mana flower is overrated. You can just press the hotkey to refill your mana rather than have the game do it for you.

And if J is too difficult to press constantly, you rebind to something more comfortable like Middle Click. There really is no reason for a PC player (because idk about other platforms) to ever use a Mana Flower. And one could even say that there is no reason to use Mana Potions in the first place due to Mana Regeneration and Dropped stars.

And if J is too difficult to press constantly, you rebind to something more comfortable like Middle Click. There really is no reason for a PC player (because idk about other platforms) to ever use a Mana Flower. And one could even say that there is no reason to use Mana Potions in the first place due to Mana Regeneration and Dropped stars.
Oh right I forgot about Mana Regeneration potions (seriously I think they even remove the startup mana regeneration has).

Well mana flower is currently the only accessory that reduces mana usage. But, lot's of people always assume it's only use is automatic pot use.

Urgh, I can't pick a favorite. I'll just rate them. Green is good, red is bad, etc.

Royal Gel - Definitely one of my favorites. I enjoy being able to walk through slimes with impunity.
Shield of Cthulhu - It's fantastic for impromptu dodging. Being able to ram into enemies at the same time makes it even more useful than the Black Belt, perhaps.
0x33's Aviators - This was a thing? o_O I honestly had no idea. Isn't it just a vanity thing?
Worm Scarf - A nice 17% reduction in damage taken, but I'd rather just not touch an enemy at all.
Bone Glove - I never use throwing weapons. I also like to save all of my bones for building things or recipes.
Hive Pack - It's nice when you have bees, sure. Bees are often seen as an overlooked strategic offense in Terraria, but they can really pack a punch.
Demon Heart - Absolutely. I love having more accessories.
Mechanical Minecart - I love speed, but I mostly set up a series of teleports around the world anyway. By the time I get this, we should already have the Steampunker and access to her teleporters.
Spore Sac - I have really bad luck with this. Nothing ever seems to come into contact with the spores, so it's a bit useless for me.
Shiny Stone - Enhanced regeneration is nice, but there are accessories I'd rather have that will help keep me out of danger entirely.
Shrimpy Truffle - I tend to go for the Cosmic Car Key anyway.
Gravity Globe - If I already have the Cosmic Car Key, why would I need this?
Suspicious Looking Tentacle - It's nice having a permanent bunch of buffs on, sure. I never use pets anyway.

Back
Top Bottom