Favorite Biome Weapon and why?

What is your favorite Biome Weapon?

• Total voters

Lynxical

Plantera
Usually I gripe about stuff in these forums but I’m genuinely curious, I saw this forum asking people about this from 5 years ago which is crazy, I want to see what people think because the Desert Tiger Staff is now a thing and some weapons actually got a buff which is really cool. My personal favorite is Vampire Knives just for how unique they are, the spread of knives is just such a cool idea.

Also tell me why you like the weapon you like, there is not wrong answer I’m just curious.

Scourge of the Corruptor.

This weapon is massively underrated just because it has to compete with the OP-beyond-:red: Vampire Knives, but when looked at on its own merits, it’s a very strong weapon. It creates an absolutely ridiculous amount of projectiles that completely smother all crowds post-Plantera, from the Dungeon and can work all the way up to the Lunar Events.

There’s also something incredibly fun about them, just spamming into the ground and creating a completely unstoppable storm of mini eaters.

Definitely the Desert Tiger Staff. It's a really strong minion both on the ground and in the air, it looks very cute, and summon weapons are just cool in general. It also synergizes very well with the Firecracker because of how hard it hits when it is summoned multiple times.
That one’s great too. I’m really glad they brought it up to potential in 1.4.1.2, and I wish more people actually recognised its buff instead of “haha sanguine staff until moon lord”. Probably my second favorite.

The frost Hydra.

I don't care if it's extremely weak. I don't give a damn about the fact it's extremely basic compared to every other biome weapon. I just love it, and that's it. It brings me warm memories of watching 1.2.4 videos, when Queen spider and frost hydra were the only sentries. And it's simplicity only makes it stand out more from the other 5 biome weapons that are stuffed with effects.

(Though the rainbow gun is also really cool)

Scourge definitely. Extremely underrated melee weapon, being one of the few melees with both homing and range. But I don't bother with the biome chest honestly - its not worth it, and there are better options elsewhere. Or you're playing one class but get the key for the other.

Also desert tiger targeting is :red:, i tried using it against golem once. Hit everything OUTSIDE the arena.

Scourge of the Corruptor.

This weapon is massively underrated just because it has to compete with the OP-beyond-:red: Vampire Knives, but when looked at on its own merits, it’s a very strong weapon. It creates an absolutely ridiculous amount of projectiles that completely smother all crowds post-Plantera, from the Dungeon and can work all the way up to the Lunar Events.

There’s also something incredibly fun about them, just spamming into the ground and creating a completely unstoppable storm of mini eaters.
I also really love Scourge, I used it back in 1.2 and it was a really fun weapon to use, I like the projectiles it creates and it’s a really nostalgic to me, sadly it can’t compete with my beloved Vampire Knives due to how unique they are, I wish more people would utilize the potential of spread throwing knives in mods, it’s such a sick idea

Vampire Knives. Not the most original choice but having a reliable, near-instant healing option (that still has pretty good DPS) at the stage of the game where events like the Frost/Pumpkin Moons projectile spam all over the place for 100+ damage is absolutely appreciated.
I also really love Scourge, I used it back in 1.2 and it was a really fun weapon to use, I like the projectiles it creates and it’s a really nostalgic to me, sadly it can’t compete with my beloved Vampire Knives due to how unique they are, I wish more people would utilize the potential of spread throwing knives in mods, it’s such a sick idea
Shadows of Abaddon has a few throwing knives, though only for the Throwing class, and I only used them back when it was still SacredTools (which I honestly think is a more interesting title). Unfortunately, I don't remember examples like the Quasar Kunai being particularly good, but maybe that's changed since it was updated. You can try that mod out.

torn on the frost hydra and vampire knives... they've both helped a fair bit.

can't say much about the tiger thing, since i am on console and still waiting an eternity and a half for the final update.

ITT; everyone forgets the Piranha Gun.

I'm torn between Desert Tiger and Scourge of the Corruptor. Tiger is super cute, and I like how it rewards getting in close with major damage. Then Scourge is godly for going underground, especially helpful for the Hardmode Dungeon. I'll have to go with Tiger.

ITT; everyone forgets the Piranha Gun.

I'm torn between Desert Tiger and Scourge of the Corruptor. Tiger is super cute, and I like how it rewards getting in close with major damage. Then Scourge is godly for going underground, especially helpful for the Hardmode Dungeon. I'll have to go with Tiger.

i don't recall the piranha gun being all that great... it looked and sounded cool, but i don't think i ever got any real use out of it.

did 1.4 make it better, or something?

i don't recall the piranha gun being all that great... it looked and sounded cool, but i don't think i ever got any real use out of it.

did 1.4 make it better, or something?
In 1.4, they made it shoot 3 piranhas per shot instead of one. I never used it before then so I couldn't tell you how much of a buff that was.

Back
Top Bottom