Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Hallow

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Underground

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mushroom

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
Ocean for the music, Hallow for the Unicorns and Pixies and the Rainbows. :dryadsmile:

EDIT: You forgot the Cavern layer, some of us love mining.

Last edited:
I am rather a fan of the Hallow myself, though more specifically Underground Hallow~ :3 Mushroom biomes are fun, too...perhaps you could add that as an option. ^.=.^ Who knows, some people might choose it. :)

I love the Hallow, just because of the happiness. But I just can't stand it when it takes over the corruption. My favorite music is Ocean Biome.

Mushroom biome. It's glow, above or below ground, is just fantastic. Plus my friends and I kind of have this whole "winning" joke when it comes to being in the mushroom biome.

Reactions: Qw2
I can't really choose! I tend to build and spend a lot of time in Ocean, but I love passing through Hallow for its appearance and music. (I also sometimes build with pearlstone walls so I can have the music and rainbow, but not the monsters. It was a happy accident when I discovered this a very long time ago.) Corruption has wonderful music, but looks yucky. Jungle strongly appeals to me aesthetically, and I would actually build headquarters there if it weren't so dangerous in hard mode to my friends. XD I frequently hang out in Mushroom because its glow is soothing, and its music so interesting. I love Snow because of the clean and remote feeling, and the penguins, but blizzards make me dizzy.

I love the atmosphere and soundtrack of the Ocean ^^... I also like the Hallow and the Desert quite a bit! :dryadhappy:

I'd love the sky biome (particularly the islands and outer space), buuut Harpies. I could build a base up there and prevent that, but I already got one! :0

I wish I could say ocean, but my beaches always generate incredibly weirdly and the ocean has but a massive dam of sand preventing it from flooding the world.

Also, there should be a set ocean level, to prevent that kind of stuff, and water should continuously spawn from the side, because seriously you can't drain an ocean.

I wish I could say ocean, but my beaches always generate incredibly weirdly and the ocean has but a massive dam of sand preventing it from flooding the world.

Also, there should be a set ocean level, to prevent that kind of stuff, and water should continuously spawn from the side, because seriously you can't drain an ocean.

(Just noticed your icon featuring a floran with the same hair and almost the same colouring I chose for mine. \m/)

Yeah, I have a huge complaint about what oceans have been doing for a while. I want them to be at sea level, but on most of the worlds I make, the oceans are UPHILL. What! Often they are even sitting on bizarre, very high plateaus of sand. I mean, this is a world with floating islands, but I cannot abide these weird oceans. And yes, I don't like that they can be drained. A never-ending water source might be OP, though. I donno.

(Just noticed your icon featuring a floran with the same hair and almost the same colouring I chose for mine. \m/)

Yeah, I have a huge complaint about what oceans have been doing for a while. I want them to be at sea level, but on most of the worlds I make, the oceans are UPHILL. What! Often they are even sitting on bizarre, very high plateaus of sand. I mean, this is a world with floating islands, but I cannot abide these weird oceans. And yes, I don't like that they can be drained. A never-ending water source might be OP, though. I donno.
Yeah, except:

Oh my god, we have infinite water! This can only lead to...

Uh...

What can water alone be used to create infinity of, besides more water?

But yeah. It's not much of an issue, and would add to the game.

Yeah, except:

Oh my god, we have infinite water! This can only lead to...

Uh...

What can water alone be used to create infinity of, besides more water?

But yeah. It's not much of an issue, and would add to the game.
Plus we already have infinite water. Water duping is so easy.

The one issue I can say would be problematic for an ever refilling ocean is you can still dig out under it. You would then A: be able to flood the entire underground in one fell swoop, or B: create an endless loop of water flowing down to hell (which burns up). Either way the Ocean would still be killable (in a sense).

Plus we already have infinite water. Water duping is so easy.

The one issue I can say would be problematic for an ever refilling ocean is you can still dig out under it. You would then A: be able to flood the entire underground in one fell swoop, or B: create an endless loop of water flowing down to hell (which burns up). Either way the Ocean would still be killable (in a sense).

That was my thought: people exploiting the endless water to flood the hell level, enabling them to easily get certain quest fish. It is already possible to flood that biome if you're clever about it, so I think an endless ocean would just make it too easy. :'B

The crimson has got to be my favorite, with that interesting music and cool atmosphere. Everything about it's design is amazing to me! :D

Back
Top Bottom