Hot Topic What is your favorite class?

What is your favorite class in Terraria?

• Total voters
Mage, you have so many options with weapon variety
Only bad thing is, if you like how a certain weapon functions, and that weapon is in pre or early hardmode, it's kind of unusable

Except for the "Bouncy projectiles" weapons, there's like 6 of them

Personally I run a sort of mix between melee ranged and summoner with circumstance dictating how strongly I spec into one or the other. This is both a combination of playthrough progression and what I'm fighting. For example Against many bosses ranged is the main choice but a mix of melee and summon is more enjoyable for exploration and or building.
Only bad thing is, if you like how a certain weapon functions, and that weapon is in pre or early hardmode, it's kind of unusable

Except for the "Bouncy projectiles" weapons, there's like 6 of them
Yeah this summarizes my main problem with magic as a class. Every weapon is so unique that they can't really be compared to other weapons directly so when the damage/knockback/cost no longer justifies its use you have to go and learn a new weapon. Honestly the only "class" playthrough I have neve completed precisely because there are no weapons around the time you fight Plantera tier that feel right and have the stats to do the job. Especially on Master Plantera is hell for me in general with only Moonlord and Empress of Light individually being harder.

My favorite is definitely Mage. It’s probably the most fun class to play imo, with the varied and badass weapons, as well as the element of strategy that mana as a resource adds. It’s also quite strong if you can play it right, with its DPS being quite impressive if you take advantage of its extremely impactful potions and its weapon variety giving it good options for pretty much every niche.

Summoner easily its my favorite class and so much fun to play even more now with the addition of whip's 2nd would be ranger then mage

I personally enjoy meelee class the most, because of the high damage stats and cool weapons you get with it, so I want to know, what is your favorite class in the vanilla game?

For me, summoner all the way. I like it for the challenge of needing to manage summon slots, and because it's a good option for multiplayer whenever my laptop decides it's time for me to disable frameskip just to play, because no way that I'm gonna hit those bats myself while there's desync. Experience has taught me that flying enemies with desync means they're possessed by ADHD Chaos Elementals on a sugar rush. It also lets me focus a bit more on dodging while trying to get my mouse working in the middle of the fight.

Personally out of all the classes, I don't really have a favorite.
Melee has weapons like the zenith
Ranged has weapons like the S.D.M.G
Summoner has Stardust Dragon
Mage has Last Prism
Destructive/explosive class has CelebrationMK2 with Mini nuke 2 as ammo (aggressivebungee)
Trap class has the ability yo just SPAM BOULDERS (aggressivebungee)
And rouge has a little something from every class at once

I personally enjoy meelee class the most, because of the high damage stats and cool weapons you get with it, so I want to know, what is your favorite class in the vanilla game?
Personally out of all the classes, I don't really have a favorite.
Melee has weapons like the zenith
Ranged has weapons like the S.D.M.G
Summoner has Stardust Dragon
Mage has Last Prism
Destructive/explosive class has CelebrationMK2 with Mini nuke 2 as ammo (aggressivebungee)
Trap class has the ability yo just SPAM BOULDERS (aggressivebungee)
And rouge has a little something from every class at once
Hi there @VIX9745 it looks like you had two threads regarding favorite classes on console, so I combined the two threads into one.

Magic.
The weapons are fun.
And the accessories and armor also make it fun.
But mainly the weapons. There is so much variation.

I only did melee and summoner on the Switch a while back. I thoroughly enjoyed summoner as that was my first expert play through that I ever completed. What I did not enjoy was fighting Plantera with only Spider armor. Took me several tries to kill her with gear as weak as Spider armor.

With the merging of all platform General Talk Threads into 1 centralized General Talk section for all platforms, we have made this the central thread for discussing your favorite class for all platforms.

The original Favorite class thread has been archived: What's Your Favorite Class and Why? in favor of one for discussing classes in 1.4 onward.

All other favorite class related threads after that have been merged into this thread.

Summoner. Aside from being something other than the classic Melee, Ranged, Magic trio from pretty much everything, it lets me focus more on dodging and less on aiming. There's also the fun of that point where everything around you dies without you lifting a finger. Perfect for building! Speaking of...

I don’t want to show favoritism by singling out just one class. Instead I will say I hate them all equally.
I chose to read this as "Screw combat, I'm a builder!"

Me too Red. Me too. :p

Seriously though, combat is awesome too.

Back
Top Bottom