Favorite Movies?

A thread to talk about your favorite films.

My favorites are easily:

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure; I don't know why, or how, but it's just for some reason I can't explain, good.

Forrest Gump; I could probably watch this movie every week and never ever get bored of it.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark; what's not to like about it?

and of course, we can't forget: The Incredibles; It just had a nice blend of humor and action that made it, in my opinion, the greatest animated movie I've ever seen.

So what about you guys?

Last edited:
I like mindscrew movies the most - although they need to be mindscrewy while still making sense, which is a rarity. Let's see...

"Memento", "Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind" and "23" are my favorite. Then there's "Paprika" and "Perfect Blue" for animated movies, which are also quite a WTF conga.

The only non-mindscrew movies I have in my favorites are Bicentennial Man, Appleseed and Armitage III Dual Matrix.

it depends on the genre
fav. animated: Atlantis the lost empire
fav. live action: the hunt or red october

Shawshank Redemption, Oliver Twist, Police Academy 1,2,3, Scary Movie 1,2, and uh... well I forgot a lot.

I can't decide on which Miyazaki film I like the most.

My favorite movies are Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Howl's Moving Castle.

Honorable mentions are A Wind Called Amnesia, The Prestige, and Begotten.

Live action: Oldboy. Loved the story, loved the directing, loved the music, loved the acting, loved everything. A perfect movie if such a thing can exist.
Animated: Watership Down. Saw it as a kid, and it was the first cartoon that didn't assume I was a dumb :red: who needed to be sheltered from everything scary or thought-provoking.

Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings are my favorite series' . I'm so creative!

I don't have a favourite film.
What i remember to have enjoyed is:

The godfather trilogy
Sergio leone's dollar's trilogy (a fistful of dollars, for a few dollars more and the good, the bad and the ugly)
Taken (with liam neeson)
Scarface
Pretty much every film with Bud spencer and Terence hill.

The Shawshank Redemption and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are by far my two favourite movies. I also really like Toy Story (my childhood nostalgia combined with the fact it's just a great movie :p ) and Dredd. Seriously, Dredd was a fantastic action movie and is by far one of my favourite "comic book" movies.

1. Donnie Darko
2. Blade Runner
2.5 Gladiator (insert other Ridley Scott films here)
3. No Country for Old Men (insert other Coen brothers films here, like seriously, insert all of them)
4. Children of Men
5. Delicatessen (insert other French films here)
6. Apocalypto
7. Brazil (insert other Terry Gilliam films here)
8. Fight Club
9. Berserk trilogy
10. Spirited Away (insert all my childhood films of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, as well as my new childhood of Studio Ghibli)

Wreck-it Ralph is good...

The Avengers... havent seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet tho.

Five nights at freddys: the movie
It has to happen

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is really good too.

Back
Top Bottom