Favorite pre hardmode weapons!

I feel alone in being the only person to legitimately get into HM without knowing about anything other than gold armour, spear and enchanted boomerang. I did not know about any other weapons except ore swords, bows and armour. Finding the loot was cool. Defeated WoF using the spear and Enchanted Boomerang. My mate told me to do it, thinking I would fail. But nope. He was shocked.

AKA Spear. I used it with Hallow armour until Gungnir and I was destroying with it. Godly Spear is the best. Shame it got destroyed by updates tho :(.
I cri evrytiem ;(. Yes, I genuinely cried. That was how much I cared about it.

Functionality:

Space Gun (lights up whole caves, uses mana for ammo, pierces enemies in a straight line, fast projectile)
Vilethorn (one of the very few Pre-HM weapons that pierces walls and enemies infinitely through the size of the projectile)
Imp Staff (one of the only Pre-HM summons that are not RNG-based and is decently strong, costs nothing to have the little guy out so why not?)
Starfury (the stars make finding cave rooms above/across from you easy-peasy and can sometimes do lots of damage under the right conditions)
Enchanted/Ice Boomerang/Flamarang (Poor man's Space Gun, 'cept it doesn't use mana but has to return before you can throw it again)

Raw Damage:

Light's Bane (Nothing beats this weapon in raw damage except for the Phoenix Blaster, and that uses ammo and is best used with HM bullets anyways)
Phoenix Blaster (if you dun mind using Silver Bullets. The only problem is you get it so late in Normal that the Cutlass and Megashark aren't far away)

1 Water bolt: you just can't beat that dps wise (maybe you can, but it just screams PEGASUS RYU SEI KEN!)

2 Phoenix blaster: Never tried the minishark, but i remember this being SO reliable in early hard mode, even though it took me a lot to even kill a chaos elemental.
Still, the knockback was good enough.

3 Not sure on this one: I used to carry the demon scythe with me without actually using it.
Maybe the vilethorn, since it was my favourite weapon when i was a noob.

Water Bolt - It'll bolt up the enemies with water :>
Minishark - Because his Megashark's little brother :>
Phoenix Blaster - Blast the phoenixs' furies :>
Night's Edge - Because there is an 'Edge" in it :>
Revolver - Completes your Cowboy Set :>

Water Bolt, Demon Scythe, Flamelash, Phoenix Blaster, Night's Edge and Starfury (preferably the old one).

Vilethorn.png
Vilethorn: Wall Clipping, Piercing, fun for the family
Beenade.png
Beenade + Wall of Flesh = Hardmode
Phoenix_Blaster.png
Pheonix Blaster: I killed the twins with it...

Totally Space Gun + Meteor Armor. I love me some infinite ammo; plus, it's a decent light source.

Obtaining resources for it is fun and challenging as well. Okay, maybe not the Meteorite mining part - Meteor Heads are a bother.

To be honest though, i'm kinda a ranged weps fan (once tried to collect ALL the guns and gun-like things in game) so my point of view might be a little affected by that. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom