Favorite rare drop in the game?

genericqueso

Terrarian
why do I keep making so many obscure threads

What is your favorite rare drop in the game?
For this thread, a rare drop consists of a mob drop with a drop rate of 10% or lower.
Personally, it's the Rod of Discord, mainly for the shock value of when it actually happens.

It's pretty hard to beat RoD. But the sniper rifle is another one that I'm always pleased to get if I'm playing a ranged oriented character.

It's pretty hard to beat RoD. But the sniper rifle is another one that I'm always pleased to get if I'm playing a ranged oriented character.
Curiosity: Did you get the scope before the rifle? Because I had ludicrously bad luck with it.

Hm, for me it would probably be the Chain Knife. I love it whenever I get that Weapon. Especially when it's early in the game and remains useful up until you reach the Dungeon/Underworld. And is overall just a cool and interesting weapon.

Curiosity: Did you get the scope before the rifle? Because I had ludicrously bad luck with it.
Don't recall... I haven't got that far with my current character yet, and my last one was heavily magic oriented so I wouldn't have payed much attention.

Slime staff by far
jGvh5po.png

:kingslime: :gslime: :bluslime: :pinky:

In ranged playthough- yes.

But my favourite drop is... well, Magic Quiver. Pairs well with Daedalus Shotbow and Tsunami.
Argh! Your profile picture! The nostalgia!

...and my favourite drop is... The Demon Scythe...don't ask me why...

I'll have to lean towards Magic Quiver here, since it's incredibly useful when paired with the later bows, esp. the Daedalus STORMbow. At that moment, I have sheer wrecking power over the Martian Saucers with a stack of holy arrows.

Don't know how rare, but maybe the Demon Scythe. Use to be rare, don't know if still is. Still love it even now. :dryadsmile:

or is it sickle...? Not the book, but the scythe. Like the animations to it; albeit slower than it use to be...

Probably the reindeer bells, because they're so hard to get. If I get too many duplicate items I throw them away, but I am keeping my reindeer bells, knowing that if I sell one it'll be a big pain in the rear to get a replacement.
Makes no sense that I am keeping all of them (I have 7) because why would I need them, but this game really unlocked the hoarder in me.

I know you said from a mob, however, mine is the Arkhalis.
From a mob, it would have to be the Hallowed key.
In my worlds I get around ten of them because I always create a hallowed to AFK on. It is really exciting every time I get one, despite the fact that they are utterly useless after you get one of them.

Back
Top Bottom