Favorite Summons

maxbees

Official Terrarian
There are quite a lot of summons in Terraria and I was curious as to what yours might be?
Mine are probably tied with Sanquine Staff and Baby Slime Staff, it's just so darn cute! `:passionate:

(Please note that I'm only talking about the actual summons, not the whips)

I have to go with the Flinx. They were EXACTLY what Summoners needed preboss - a reliable minion that’s readily available (Flinxes aren’t that hard to farm if you understand how they spawn), and before any real combat. They work well enough for the King Slime and the Eye, and help to secure the Vampire Frog once the player decides to bother with that.

But the real reason they are the best is because they look awesome with the little bun, and the way they just throw themselves at the enemy is hilarious.

My favourite based on looks is the Desert Tiger Staff. It’s so cute and I love cats! My favourite based on usefulness in a playthrough is the either the Sanguine Staff or the Terraprisma, though Terraprisma is hard to get.

vanilla: raven
modded: entropy's vigil, calamari's lament, or carp staff. (apparently there is a carp summon in calamity)

Back in 1.2, I used the Slime Staff because the slime was so cute. In 1.3, I used 3 Ravens, and when I get 1.4, full summoner with Terraprisma

My favourite based on looks is the Desert Tiger Staff. It’s so cute and I love cats! My favourite based on usefulness in a playthrough is the either the Sanguine Staff or the Terraprisma, though Terraprisma is hard to get.
Can't go wrong with a kitty cat.

Blade staff is a cool looking summon when u have a lot of them, Tempest staff is my favorite summon(iits just so cool when all of the sharks just fling at mobs)
Terraprisma is like the zenith of summons (resprite it and u wil see what i mean,)

For gameplay purposes probably the Sanguine Staff or Terraprisma because of their comparatively amazing AI compared to older summons, but as far as my favourite summons are concerned I'd have to go with the Stardust Cell Staff, I like it's synergy with my non-summoner characters, and an overly aggressive multiplying cell is pretty cool as a concept.

For gameplay purposes probably the Sanguine Staff or Terraprisma because of their comparatively amazing AI compared to older summons, but as far as my favourite summons are concerned I'd have to go with the Stardust Cell Staff, I like it's synergy with my non-summoner characters, and an overly aggressive multiplying cell is pretty cool as a concept.
Yeah, it feels amazing to have an army of cells by your side.

No real favorite.
  • Terraprisma is my goto now given that it's the most powerful - both in damage and reliability; doesn't get stuck nor have target acquisition problems. It has interesting targeting mechanics. It need LoS to trigger attack mode but can attack through walls ignoring LoS once in attack mode.
  • Blade Staff. Super fast attacks and does damage with multiple small hits. Can stunlock enemies if used with an accessory that adds minion knockback. Unfortunately gets screwed over by armor in the long run even with 25 armor pen. Good combo with Greed Coin/Coin Ring/Greedy Ring as more hits due to super fast attacks = more chances for extra coins.
  • Stardust Cell Staff. My previous goto weapons. The DoT mechanic feels kind of worthless though. Like Terraprisma and Blade Staff it never misses and is thus very reliable. Always felt a tad underpowered for some reason.
Those are the 3 that I have used the most or found the most interesting.

Back
Top Bottom