Favourite/Least Favourite Armor Sets

Favourite:
1. The Dark Artist Set - It's just so sleek, sheik and stylish!
2. Crystal Assassin's Set - I've been waiting for a tiered ninja set, available before the Shinobi Infiltrator Set.

Least Favourite:
1. Shroomite - For no other reason then I forget it even exists, every playthrough. 😏 🤷‍♂️

Set Bonus
Favourite:
1. The Dark Artist Set - Really any DD2 Set bonus will do, I just like it the best.
2. Forbidden Armor Set - Dat tornado tho!!

Least Favourite:
1. N/A (I can't think of any)

Favorite armor: Spooky it just looks insane
Least Favorite: Turtle too annoying to get or Crimson it's just boring

my favorite is hallowed armor it gives me that chivalrous knight vibe

my least favorite is cactus it just doesn't look good to me

Visually, my favorites are
• Hallowed- 1.4 really made this set look fantastic. I myself would never wear it for vanity but when other people do, it always looks great. What I like about this armor set visually is that it’s very grounded in reality. This set looks fancy but all of it looks realistic; I could definitely see some sort of high commander wearing this armor back in medieval times.

• Forbidden- I love how this set LOOKS like something someone would wear through the desert, while still looking like reasonable protection in combat. Can’t forget about the ring behind you it spawns either!

Mechanically, my favorite sets are
•Crystal Assassin- without one singular doubt this armor set is my favorite in the game. It’s just so versatile and does so many things so well. It gives:
-The longest dash available before Plantera is downed, making it top pick for mobility
-A dash as its set bonus, freeing up a slot of extra damage, survivability, or even more mobility
-Omni-damage, making it a suitable pick for whatever non-summoner damage type you decide to focus on
-Omni-Damage, making it perfect for mix-classing, as it benefits all non-summoner damage types easily, allowing you to still output acceptable damage without heavy class-focused accessory investment
-Omni-damage, making it benefit any side minions summoned as well as magic sentries, such as Nimbus Clouds and Cursed Flame walls.

This set is just perfect for mixing, which expands the possibilities of the game enormously. And if you know anything about me, you know that I love mobility, doubly adding to this set’s usefulness in my hands.

My favorite for melee is Dragon Armor because it looks pretty cool, and is very amazing stat-wise. Now if only I had access to dyes...
Fav Mage is Spectral Armor of course, well it is like spectre armor but better looking! The stats are generally better as well, except that spectre armor has a really good and unique set bonus where spectral's bonus simply reduces magic consumption.
Fav ranged you can guess from my previous answers, Titan Armor! It looks cool, and makes me feel like a knight with tech and guns when I wear it! The stats are pretty good too and MMM DAT SET BONUS!
Summoner? Well, spooky looks cooler, but i prefer tiki armor, cuz although spooky has slightly better summon damage, tiki lets me summon one more creature than spooky!

For favourite appearance:
1: Vortex Armour - Like the techsuit aesthetic, the booster "jetpack" is neat and it meshes well with a lot of dyes
2: Spectre Armour - Glowing eyes in a hood, can't fault it.
3: Crimson Armour - My favourite armour that exposes the player's face. It's just well-constructed.

For least favourite appearance:
1: Cactus Armour - It's just really hideous looking (as expected for an armour made of cacti). Barely any colour variety, blocky, geometric, sticks out all over the place.
2: Beetle Armour - I actually wouldn't mind this too much if the only colour used on it wasn't entirely the same shade of purple universally, there's no contrast.
3: Jungle Armour - Looks tacky and blocky, just like Cactus Armour.

For favourite set bonuses:
1: Solar Flare Armour - More or less allows me to replace the Master Ninja Gear with the Brain of Confusion, since the set bonus already accounts for its dash feature.
2: Titanium Armour - Worthless in boss fights, but extremely useful for regular mobs in any other scenario.

For least favourite set bonuses:
1: Shroomite Armour - I already hated that they split the ranged bonus between three different helmets, so a gimmicky mechanic (for me anyway) like stealth didn't endear me to it.
2: Orichalcum Armour - Nothing wrong with the concept itself, but the damage is just too low to be of any real use.

Favorite for me is Stardust Armor, though I do admit that I prefer the 1.3 guardian.
Least Favorite is probably Fossil Armor. I used to love this one, but the removal of the Throwing class kinda ruined it for me.

Back
Top Bottom