tAPI Fear The Reaper

v1.5. Pretty substantial update, this time.

• Reaper is now immortal, as it should be.
  • Reaper's encounter & ambient FX given a needed overhaul.
  • Ferryman now offers hints... for a price.
  • Ferryman and Reaper sprite tweaks.
  • Numerous bug fixes and tweaks.
  • Reaper now produces a harmful miasma trail wherever it moves.
  • Player can now become 'penitent' to partially repel the reaper. I'll let you figure out how that works.
  • Reaper no longer haunts players on the surface (e.g. great outdoors). You're welcome.
  • Reaper is immortal. Period. Even against an Enchanted Blade.

Mirror 1 (filedropper.com)
Mirror 2 (filehosting.org)

(Feel free to recommend additional mirrors.)

Last edited:
v1.6 is up. I've done all I can for bug fixing and polishing, for now. Also added a reward for those who dare to reach the end!

• Numerous crash/bug fixes, including multiplayer (to the best of my ability).
  • Numerous gameplay tweaks. Reaper is generally a bit less obnoxious.
  • Minor sprite and sound tweaks.
  • Added a mighty end reward for solving the Ferryman's riddle!

Mirror 1 (filedropper.com)

Last edited:
I lied. v1.7v1.71 v1.72 is up. The reaper haunting somehow kept getting way too frequent. Should be fixed, now.

• NEW v1.72 - Further tweaked Reaper spawn formula.
  • Reaper haunting toned down.
  • Minor fixes for possible crashes (please report any more that occur).
  • Added mod settings for adjusting haunting frequency and toggling the Ferryman (for extra Fun).
  • Improved the title/icon.

Mirror 1 (mediafire.com)
Mirror 2 (github.com) <- 1.8
(Feel free to recommend additional mirrors)

Update: v1.8!

I lied again. Actually, this was something I'd wanted to do from the start, but I wanted to have the mod stable before considering it. Consider it a sort of wrap up tweak (unless some huge new problem arises or something).

• Reaper now inflicts permadeath (even for softcore and mediumcore players)!
  • Assorted minor tweaks.

Mirror 1 (mediafire.com)
Mirror 2 (github.com)

Last edited:
I lied. v1.7v1.71 v1.72 is up. The reaper haunting somehow kept getting way too frequent. Should be fixed, now.

• Added mod settings for adjusting haunting frequency and toggling the Ferryman (for extra Fun).

Mirror 1 (mediafire.com)

I lied again. Actually, this was something I'd wanted to do from the start, but I wanted to have the mod stable before considering it. Consider it a sort of wrap up tweak (unless some huge new problem arises or something).

• Assorted minor tweaks.

Mirror 1 (mediafire.com)
Mirror 2 (github.com)
Perma Death? Does that mean he is taking you back to where ever you escaped from? (presumably) :eek:

Mirror 1 (mediafire.com)

• Assorted minor tweaks.

Mirror 1 (mediafire.com)
Mirror 2 (github.com)
Please no Perma-Death. That would suck majorly.

I highly, highly recommend you make this a mod option for perma-death rather than a default and unchangeable feature. There are plenty of people who do not wish to use perma-death at all, and if this mod forces it on people, they won't even play it at all.

I highly, highly recommend you make this a mod option for perma-death rather than a default and unchangeable feature. There are plenty of people who do not wish to use perma-death at all, and if this mod forces it on people, they won't even play it at all.
This is yet another case where we agree. I haven't played this mod (yet), but I know that perma death sucks majorly... In other news, downloading the mod now.

I've spent nearly a month fine tuning the reaper for my own satisfaction and in consideration of the feedback I'd received. If there's a problem with the way it behaves, I'll attempt to correct it. However, since I'm now of the belief the design is fair and holds to the spirit of its original intent, the permadeath stays.

If you do indeed fear the reaper a bit much, I recommend simply making use of the Ferryman's services. You may find much of what you need to avoid succumbing to your fate has already been provided. :)

I've spent nearly a month fine tuning the reaper for my own satisfaction and in consideration of the feedback I'd received. If there's a problem with the way it behaves, I'll attempt to correct it. However, since I'm now of the belief the design is fair and holds to the spirit of its original intent, the permadeath stays.

Instead of trying to cheat death, I recommend simply making use of the Ferryman's services. You may find much of what you need to avoid succumbing to your fate has already been provided. :)
Ok. Again, I haven't played this mod yet, so I don't know if that's fair or not. :)

I'm having a major issue with this mod in multiplayer.
When I make a server using the dedicated server, or using host and play, whenever a second person joins it crashes immediately, without creating any log or report. We have both turned off all our other mods, so only the Fear the Reaper mod is on, but that doesn't fix anything.

Can you see if there is any problems with the mod, or can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong?
I would really like to play the mod with a friend, it seems really interesting and would probably be a better experience with a friend.

EDIT -
Just to note: When it crashes due to a second player joining, the server itself doesn't crash, the whole of tAPI stops responding for all players. The dedicated server continues to run as normal.

Last edited:

If you do indeed fear the reaper a bit much, I recommend simply making use of the Ferryman's services. You may find much of what you need to avoid succumbing to your fate has already been provided. :)
I am sorry, but that seems flawed. Having to start over every time is not fun, and you seem rather cryptic on how to kill the reaper, so I will not play it until
a) It gets an option
or
b) You actually tell people how to kill it.
Difficulty only goes so far before it becomes tedious.

Back
Top Bottom