tAPI Fear The Reaper

there is a magical technique called alt-F4 that should fix your problems
But yeah the permadeath is awesome and gives you a sense of inpending doom

there is a magical technique called alt-F4 that should fix your problems
But yeah the permadeath is awesome and gives you a sense of inpending doom
Excuse me if I don't want to lose everything I had done during that session just to have a chance to not lose all of it. "Impending doom"? More like happy I haven't been able to try it out yet. Permadeath was a choice in difficulty from since it was added for a reason.

have you tried not :red:ing about it
there are safe zones and all you have to do is to find them
C'mon man, you don't have to cuss at Azumarill. He/she was just stating his opinion. If you don't like someone's opinion, just ignore it. It's useless to argue.
RXXC2t8.png

I think this mod would be better if we could actually kill the reaper at some point when you are good enough and perma-death would be optional but it seems the modder is gone o.o

Okay, this mod just earned a permanent uninstall. Why? All of it. Permadeath and the debuffs suck, and don't do anything but annoy, the town npc is about as cryptic and uninformative as this mods OP, and the reward for going through and stopping the reaper? A sword that has a chance to permanently kill you, thus ruining all of your hard work! Fear the Reaper? More like Fear the RNG that determines whether you die or not. And then, this mod went and removed the reapers only weakness besides standing still! What's the point of the reaper if I can just stand still and he goes away?

Okay, this mod just earned a permanent uninstall. Why? All of it. Permadeath and the debuffs suck, and don't do anything but annoy, the town npc is about as cryptic and uninformative as this mods OP, and the reward for going through and stopping the reaper? A sword that has a chance to permanently kill you, thus ruining all of your hard work! Fear the Reaper? More like Fear the RNG that determines whether you die or not. And then, this mod went and removed the reapers only weakness besides standing still! What's the point of the reaper if I can just stand still and he goes away?
I guess what the OP wanted is to make the mod have a slenderman-like experience (thats why he said too to play in a dark place) and not take it like a hardcore boss. which failed i guess.

I guess what the OP wanted is to make the mod have a slenderman-like experience (thats why he said too to play in a dark place) and not take it like a hardcore boss. which failed i guess.
It isn't even a "slenderman like experience*. It makes this annoying ticking sound whenever the Reaper could appear, the thing is immortal so it cannot be considered a hardcore boss, and the reward for slaving through all this is a thing that upon hitting someone, has a chance to instantly kill you and delete your character, so you have to start again!

It isn't even a "slenderman like experience*. It makes this annoying ticking sound whenever the Reaper could appear, the thing is immortal so it cannot be considered a hardcore boss, and the reward for slaving through all this is a thing that upon hitting someone, has a chance to instantly kill you and delete your character, so you have to start again!
Yeah i mean as i said it would been alot better if the perma-death was optional and if you could try to beat it out when you had a good equipment.

This mod is cool. I've only just started to get into it, but I'm sure there's a good amount of depth to it. I enjoy the sound effects too.

I think the permadeath should be a config option, though. Playing sandbox games on hardcore mode isn't something I often choose and I dislike the fact that it is forced here. The reaper is invincible, and you have no choice but to run, and this already provides something different from the rest of Terraria where you can kill and farm anything and have complete control over the world. Losing the permadeath wouldn't mean losing that quality.

Another thing about permadeath: The ferryman mentions the path of repentance, facing death while holding no items whatsoever. How is that meant to be done without it being pointless because you lose your character? Running away at the last minute seems like it's against the spirit of the thing.

Back
Top Bottom