Game Mechanics Features for mob proofing base (including events)

Shadowblitz16

Terrarian
I have a few suggestions for fixing the I things I find bullcrap in terraria.

- make unnatural player placed blocks unable to spawn mobs. (including wraiths)
this would including things like wood, stone bricks, hay blocks it would not include stone, dirt, or clay.

- remove mothron being able to fly through walls (and other flying mobs)
its ridiculous how there is absolutely no defense against these creatures. they are not bosses however they are very strong and can trap and kill players even if they are wearing turtle armor.
at least wraiths we can prevent with suspended houses.

- boss spawns are moved to next night if your in a npc protected area
boss warning should still be displayed the night you are going to fight a boss however on the time of the boss's spawn it should display a message "you were protected by a unknown force" which continues to move the boss to the next night until you are not in a safe place when it occurs.

your house should be your safe place and forcing the player to die over and over is a load of crap especially on servers where not every player is ready

EDIT1:
- events could follow a similar rule to bosses in which they get pushed back 1 day if your in a npc protected area when the event starts.
also bosses and events would only be able to spawn if you have 3 or more npcs on screen. this would allow you to use dryad buffs to help in bosses.

- teleporting mobs such as goblin wizards could follow a rule they have to have a open area to teleport inside.
for example you must leave a door open to allow them in.

Last edited:
@Lord Garak i know, Wraiths would still be able to go through walls. just not mothron and other flying enemies.
but it would be nice to beable to wraith proof your house by placing unnatural player placed blocks.

EDIT1:
this would allow players to make monster proof roofs that don't look like butt because they have walls as high as the screen

@Spazmatism7
that argument doesn't even make sense.
what if I want to grab a potion real quick?
what if I am idling on my own server?
what if I am a noob that misbuilt my house because I didn't know how to future proof my house from the beginning?

mothron is one of the few enemies that is complete bull:red:. (along with pigron)
and it would still be difficult to fight if it couldn't go through walls.

I would understand if it was something like old ones army which doesn't happen automatically but I've had it happen 4 nights in a row before.

@Spazmatism7
that argument doesn't even make sense.
what if I want to grab a potion real quick?
what if I am idling on my own server?
what if I am a noob that misbuilt my house because I didn't know how to future proof my house from the beginning?

mothron is one of the few enemies that is complete bull:red:. (along with pigron)
and it would still be difficult to fight if it couldn't go through walls.

I would understand if it was something like old ones army which doesn't happen automatically but I've had it happen 4 nights in a row before.
If your a Noob your not going to make it to post-mech
Also I always keep some potions with me

@Spazmatism7 yes but it spawns multiple times per event and spawn kills people.
you can't even get out of your house to fight it.
Also there is a lot of other mini bosses that spawn multiple times during events. I have been spawn killed by a Mourning Wood multiple times in a row but do you see me complaining, no.

Last edited:
@Spazmatism7
noobs learn and just because you die doesn't mean your out of the game.
I mean not knowing how to build your house. and if that what you mean then you have proven my point.

morning wood doesn't go through walls and pumpkin moon is again a player activated event, not one that occurs randomly.
also if your not complaining why are you posting here?

@Spazmatism7
noobs learn and just because you die doesn't mean your out of the game.
I mean not knowing how to build your house. and if that what you mean then you have proven my point.

morning wood doesn't go through walls and pumpkin moon is again a player activated event, not one that occurs randomly.
also if your not complaining why are you posting here?
Actually Mourning Wood does move through blocks. Noobs will not make it post-mech because then they ain't noobs. Also you can cancel the Solar Eclipse with the Enchanted Sundial. The Solar Eclipse is also very rare so it won't happen very often and only lasts 12 minutes. The reason I am posting on here is because this was the most recently posted on player suggestion when I was scrolling through and I always open that to check it out.

Mothrons are annoying, but I dunno if it's as much about player - at least in singleplayer -since if you get killed by it, it will despawn, I think. What I hate about them more is, that they will like instantly murder your town NPCs, and you couldn't prevent that, except if you're fighting them elsewhere.
Though pirates are worse, I think... XD the captain loves to camp around your spawn point and murder you right away once you're not invulnerable...

so, yeah, something could be done about such, but not sure what would be a good solution. most of these problematic monsters are related to events, so they will happen in town too. you could go underground from eclipse and such though, if you can't deal with it (it has some cool loot though)

I do think that mods that prevent town NPCs being killed by monsters and stuff made such things a lot less frustrating for me though. it's one thing you get killed a few times by mothrons or captain, but at least they don't massacre the entire town... that happened with me the first time facing pirates... that wasn't any fun XD

@Spazmatism7 I beleave Mourning Wood can shoot through blocks but not pass through them. if they can it was recently added
the Enchanted Sundial is fine but it has a massive cooldown and again it doesn't help when you have 4 of them in a row.
I find solar eclipses get more command the farther you are in hardmode.

@Sora_92 ya the main point of this suggestion is so you can have a mob proof base without building it in the cavern layer and using a million blocks and background walls to block any sort of spawn

the main hate is more towards digging, flying, and teleporting enemies that can pass through solid blocks.
I find it a ridiculous way to balance enemies or make them harder especially in a sandbox game.

@Spazmatism7 I beleave Mourning Wood can shoot through blocks but not pass through them. if they can it was recently added
the Enchanted Sundial is fine but it has a massive cooldown and again it doesn't help when you have 4 of them in a row.
I find solar eclipses get more command the farther you are in hardmode.

@Sora_92 ya the main point of this suggestion is so you can have a mob proof base without building it in the cavern layer and using a million blocks and background walls to block any sort of spawn

the main hate is more towards digging, flying, and teleporting enemies that can pass through solid blocks.
I find it a ridiculous way to balance enemies or make them harder especially in a sandbox game.
No Mourning Wood has been able to pass through blocks since some time in 1.2. Having 4 Solar Eclipses in a row has a tiny chance of happening. Also it already is possible to have something mob proof and you do not need 1,000,000 blocks to do it.

@Spazmatism7
great. like tarraria needs even more broken stuff.

last time I played through terraria we had Solar Eclipses quite often actully. so no I disagree it has a tiny chance of happening.

also if there is a way to mob PROOF a base then prove it with a video. right now it takes being underground and filling your entire base with backgrounds and making sure there is no caves nearby for mobs to spawn.

even doing this above ground doesn't work if there are events or bosses since in those cases mobs spawn regardless of player placed walls.

@Spazmatism7
great. like tarraria needs even more broken stuff.

last time I played through terraria we had Solar Eclipses quite often actully. so no I disagree it has a tiny chance of happening.

also if there is a way to mob PROOF a base then prove it with a video. right now it takes being underground and filling your entire base with backgrounds and making sure there is no caves nearby for mobs to spawn.

even doing this above ground doesn't work if there are events or bosses since in those cases mobs spawn regardless of player placed walls.
It is rare for it to happen 4 days. Also sorry I mainly play on Xbox and I have no idea how to record on it. Do you know how to record on iOS or Xbox

how about no to the enemies being unable to pass through. We already have enough cheesable event minibosses, let's not make things even easier.

@Spazmatism7 I use pc, also ya I just did the pumpkin moon and have seen that the Morning wood is able to pass through walls.
it doesn't really make sense maybe make them unable to get out of pits?

@Omega Derpling Oh so you like being spawn killed and not being able to do anything about it?
I only say this to mobs that fly or have no limitations on their movement. *cough* mothron

there is no point in building anything cool in terraria because everything you build must be mob proof as much as possible.
again you literally have to build suspended above ground or under ground. that is your only choice, and above ground doesn't mob proof you against mini bosses and bosses.
what if I want to have my home in the dessert? *Sand Shark*
what if I want to have my home in the corruption? *World Feeder*
what if I want to have my home in the sky? *Waverns*
what if I want to have my home in the jungle? *Angry Trappers*
what if I want to have my home in the mushroom biome? *Giant Fungi Bulb*

thats just covering basic enemies and not forced event minibosses

there needs to be at least 1 way to proof your house against all mobs including minibosses and bosses
NOTE most of this suggestion is for the surface.

@Spazmatism7 I use pc, also ya I just did the pumpkin moon and have seen that the Morning wood is able to pass through walls.

@Omega Derpling Oh so you like being spawn killed and not being able to do anything about it?
I only say this to mobs that fly or have no limitations on their movement. *cough* mothron

there is no point in building anything cool in terraria because everything you build must be mob proof as much as possible.
again you literally have to build suspended above ground or under ground. that is your only choice, and above ground doesn't mob proof you against mini bosses and bosses.

there needs to be at least 1 way to proof your house against all mobs including minibosses and bosses
I noticed all of these things are HM only. By then you should be able to deal with it.

Spawnkilling only happens when the despawn timer doesn't work properly, fixing that is much easier then implementing an exception that the AI was specifically designed to ignore in the first place.

@Spazmatism7 thats not true at all actually hardmode enemies do tons of damage even in hardmode unless your melee but even then they do a good chunk of damage

@Omega Derpling they should at least make it use line of sight or something. anything to mob proof against

Back
Top Bottom