Feature's you've never fully experienced in the game.

Which features have you never/barely touched in the game

• Summoner/One of the three original classes

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Wiring

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Building Features (Water Fountains, Paint, Explosives, Etc)

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Dyes/Hair Dyes

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Fishing

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Potion Crafting

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Mounts

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Certain Bosses (King Sime, Dungeon Guardian, Frost Legion, Etc)

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • I've seen it all. (COMPLETIONISTS, UNITE!)

Votes: 17 19.1%

• Total voters

Squideer

Official Terrarian
Terraria has a lot of content, On both the exploration and building aspect. However with so much content, I'd imagine some people have never actually ended up using/seeing some of it. (Unless you're a Completionist, In which case feel free to gloat)

More of a poll really than anything, What features on Terraria have you never touched. This doesn't necessarily mean features you've never heard of, It could be something you've been aware but never actually tried, Or something you've tried in the past but never fully. (Like you've used a summoner weapon before but never actually did a play through where you accessories/armour benefit summon damage)

Yes, Wiring is different than Building.

I haven't really done anything. Even though I have 1000+ hours on the game. (I always get bored pre hardmode and give up) Except on servers... I like people.

I haven't really touched the ranger class and minecarts. I have never even placed one piece of track.

Dyes? I mean I never really care about it but I've been collect every single one of dye material and even make a rainbow dye.
Class? I've touch all class but I don't really focus on melee and summoner.

I guess minecarts since I still don't know where to build my roller coaster lol

Well, I believe that there is no such thing as a combat 'class' in this game, I just use whatever kills enemies faster and gives me the most defense. The items I equip do things like increase block placement range and character movement speed, I couldn't imagine having to stick to rigid combat set ups. In any case I've got the slime staff but it appears useless to me so I haven't done any summoning. Also, how am I supposed to know what items constitute a particular class? I have swords that shoot magical projectiles, and to me these swords could fit either a melee, magic or range class.

I don't use mounts or even wings for that matter. I feel as though being able to move extremely fast around the world with ease makes the game too simple for me to enjoy. When I did use wings, my landscapes were barren and neglected because I never saw them. Since only using the spectre boots I've had much more reason to walk around my world and I've created several artificial biomes to enjoy that I otherwise wouldn't if I used mounts and wings.

I've done the bosses and I have done the moon events but I haven't tried to get to a certain wave or anything for a reason I will explain below

While I have used wiring to transport liquids, make railways and create light systems for my structures, I haven't used it to create any of these automatic killing 'farms' that require you to do nothing but stand still while enemies are killed by traps and what not. I feel as though it's cheating to use these set ups to get items and resources, and everything I've got is from playing the game 'normally'. Of course that's not to say that these contraptions and those who design them are not clever or anything, and I'm sure these machines really do help some people. It's great to create these wired systems but I think it should be for leisure only. To actually use these machines to progress through the game I think would be very un-enjoyable but obviously we all play the game differently, these are just my views.

Of course I understand that many people hate 'grinding'. For me however, I really don't see the point of defeating the Pumpkin Moon for example if all you've done is sit still while wired creations do it for you.

Unfortunately for me, it seems as though the majority of the community uses these contraptions, so much so, that it appears that they will be an integral part of Terraria: Otherworld. At least this is what I have gathered from the trailers with all these tower defense mechanics.

There should be a category for certain NPCs, lol.

I have only used the nurse like, twice.

And I have yet to find that darn stylist! And I'm in post- Pumpkin Moon!

There should be a category for certain NPCs, lol.

I have only used the nurse like, twice.

And I have yet to find that darn stylist! And I'm in post- Pumpkin Moon!
All you need is big spider biome or If you can't find one find average spider biome and make sure that spider biome is off screen (monster spawn range) wait for some minute until you found stylist.

Minecarts, The one major thing I forgot to list in the poll. :mad: (Yea I could change it now, But votes have already gone out. Plus it would after Completionist which was supposed to be the last option.)

Like with Wire, Minecarts fall under a different type of Building Feature.

I have never crafted a potion.
Not even regular healing potions?
index.php

Anyways, minecarts. I didn't know how cool they were until DG showed me, and we killed the Brain of Cthulhu...in a few seconds.....I was in topaz robes

Also hoiks. I need to figure that stuff out as it looks like they will be staying.

I still do not have every item in the game... why? because Super Hero Trios and Facing the Cerebral Mastermind are THAT rare... I also haven't found American Explosive, Waldo and Portrait of someone...

And I am missing one pet to be honest, Zephyr fish sigh so close yet so far....
well...yeah. healing potions are not exactly necessary. In other news, I have a chest full of greater healing potions.

I have yet to craft one.
Indeed once you can beat a hardmode boss effectively they are trivial I haven't crafted one since 1.1 as the Mechs Plantera Golem and Duke Fisheron give plenty :) In fact if I need to restock I just find a few Plantera bulbs (and maybe get myself a second The Axe which I can use as trading material for those super rare paintings...)

I've never ever used/crafted/bought a Sandgun or a Dirt Rod. I've never collected all the paintings and I've never gotten past Wave 12 of the Frost Moon;.

I take a fairly slow approach to the game, so there are many things I have yet to touch upon. I have more on certain things on the console version, like hardmode.

Fishing & mounts I know I will get to eventually, but right now I have yet to get around to those.

I don't pay attention to what class I play, I more pay attention to what weapons I use when I find them. Use each until I figure out which I like best in look, design, and function.

I don't craft potions all that often, as I usually don't need them. Too much is found in the world(s), and some just drop like candy.

I think wiring is one thing I barely scratched the surface of, as the only thing I have hooked up was a simple thing that I never use anymore. Once I get teleporters I just might do that, but that is a long ways off for myself.

Hardmode I have only ever been on in the console version, as I am a builder; and that is where I focus my attention. I like having nice homes for my NPCs, even if I tend to make more homes for them before I make one for myself. ><

Overall I may known quite a bit of the items spread across the game, just not gotten that far on PC to utilize them.:dryadindifferent:

Back
Top Bottom